986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

@300SL-24 TfL is the easier one to get through.  First you ahve to contact Porsche Cars GB, how are very helpful.  You will need a form from them to apply to Porsche HQ for the Certificate of Conformity.  this take 2 - 3 weeks to come through.  Then of the enquires section of the TfL ULEZ web pages you can submit and enquiry to which you attached a scan of your V5C and teh CoC from Porsche.  About 2 days later they should reply saying the car is compliant and it will be placed on their database in a few days.

For the Clean Air Zone or CAZ that is administered at DVLA it takes a bit longer. 

I would recommend reading the whole thread above as it shows the pit fall but there are a couple of us who have documented what was needed.  It is a bit boring but to achieve the result of not paying emissions charges it is unfortunately what you've got to do.  It is all about proving your vehicle's NOx emission level on a vehicle built before EURO4 came in as a standard for petrol engines.

Message me your email address if you want a hand and more info on doing it quickly.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 7:59 AM, Guy Wilkinson said:

Did you have to formally complain about the original decision or send a follow up email challenging their initital decision?

Any chance you could share the wording of your email?

I received a definite no from Cazsupport@dvla.gov.uk regarding my 911, despite the NOx being within range. The CoC stated EURO III despite satisfying all apsects of EURO IV.

I asked PGB to enquire with Stuttgart whether the CoC could be changed to say EURO IV but Stuttgart said no.

Are dvla sending you an updated V5?

No escalation required.  PM me and I'll give you some background and all the info I presented even though my 986 has EURO III on it and my V5C has no emissions at all stated.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:59 AM, Guy Wilkinson said:

I received a definite no from Cazsupport@dvla.gov.uk regarding my 911, despite the NOx being within range. The CoC stated EURO III despite satisfying all apsects of EURO IV.

What aspects of EUR4?

1 hour ago, Guy Wilkinson said:

All of them as per wikipedia. I posted the COC earlier in the thread (for my 911)

Ok I can't be bothered going back and looking. If you're confident it's complainant that's fine. 

What did your email say?

On 9/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, Guy Wilkinson said:

Thanks @dpg123  

Just emailed TFL my COC. NOX 0.048

Boxster S 3.2 with pre and post cat O2 sensors.

894A2302-5506-4C2A-9CB7-1CCDCF8B0617.jpeg

So do you have a 911 and a Boxster S?

I found this post of yours by going back to page 6. Is there another?

The post above says your car is a Boxster S 3.2 but your recent post mentions a 911. Can you understand why I am confused?

From the fact that CAZ has accepted my 2000 Boxster S, they must also be based on NOx only like London as the 2000 MY (and earlier) cars emissions exceed some of the other EURO4 limits. If you are below the NOx limit your car is OK, it just takes a bit of fighting with the CAZ team at the DVLA to get it logged on the database.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ATM said:

So do you have a 911 and a Boxster S?

I found this post of yours by going back to page 6. Is there another?

The post above says your car is a Boxster S 3.2 but your recent post mentions a 911. Can you understand why I am confused?

Yes I have both. Soz for confusion.

The 986s is sorted for ULEZ and CAZ.

996 is sorted for ULEZ but got knocked back on CAZ despite being in range on all emissions

5 hours ago, iborguk said:

Worth wrapping up this process into a how-to ? 

OK.  I'll write it up in the next few days, if @ATM you can review and comment once posted please?

8 hours ago, ATM said:

Are you sure it is compliant on all metrics?

My 986 isn't complaint on ALL Euro4 measures but CAZ have accepted it so they can only be looking at NOx only like TfL.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

OK.  I'll write it up in the next few days, if @ATM you can review and comment once posted please?

I can review yes but I'm no expert. I just went into battle once and came out victorious. I had many many no replies but kept on and on. I'm not sure if you can put that in your howto.

17 minutes ago, ATM said:

I can review yes but I'm no expert. I just went into battle once and came out victorious. I had many many no replies but kept on and on. I'm not sure if you can put that in your howto.

I also no expert and only went into battle once (twice if you include TfL and CAZ, but TfL was easy) on the back of your experience, more out of principle than needing to use the zones, and we both won so, got to be worth sharing the info with fellow BoXa.net users to try to make life easier.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Excellent. Can you include contact details (address, email, phone no.) for the authorities and organisations involved?

5 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Excellent. Can you include contact details (address, email, phone no.) for the authorities and organisations involved?

Will do.  Weblinks and phone numbers.

Might be a week or so as I have a trip to Netherlands (in the Box 😁) Wed- Sat this week.

Nothing special driving wise, just across the top of France, into Belgium to a bell foundry at Asten near Eindhoven in The Netherlands.  I'm going with my mother (80) to see the casting of a bell in memory of my late father.  At the end of the month I go to the Upper Loire near Le Mans.  That will have a few diversions to find some nice roads.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ½cwt said:

My 986 isn't complaint on ALL Euro4 measures but CAZ have accepted it so they can only be looking at NOx only like TfL.

Well CAZ says I'll have to pay £9 a day in Bristol as it was registered in 2003 before Euro4 was introduced, so I'm looking forward for an idiots guide on how to persuade CAZ (and Bristol Council!) that my 3.2 986 won't poison the Bristol population😪

• 2 weeks later...