986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

On 5/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, ½cwt said:

I'm still waiting  for my reply in 15 working days, sent on 7 April...

There is a technicality in the the CAZ clearly states Euro 4, where as London states Euro 4 NOx.  Any 986 is too old to have Euro 4 stated on its Certificate of Conformity what ever its actual emissions as they predate the actual confirmation of the Euro 4 standard.  Added to that in my case there is no emissions data on the V5C at all.  2001 model year onwards does comply so hopefully they will accept those with a CoC, earlier cars only comply on NOx.

Lets see how we both get on.

BTW what year is your car?

Mine is a 2001. No emissions data on the V5.

21 minutes ago, Guy Wilkinson said:

Mine is a 2001. No emissions data on the V5.

To get registered as a complait car you need to contact Porsche GB directly to request you Certificate of Conformity, you need to fill in a form and scan you V5C and takes a couple of weeks to come through.  This will show the emissions which on a 2001 meet EURO4 even thought eh car is strictly ony Euro 3 as Euro 4 did not exist at the time.  Submit the CoC with your V5C scan to TfL for London ULEZ and to CAZ for the other zones and you should get on the databases.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:42 PM, ½cwt said:

To get registered as a complait car you need to contact Porsche GB directly to request you Certificate of Conformity, you need to fill in a form and scan you V5C and takes a couple of weeks to come through.  This will show the emissions which on a 2001 meet EURO4 even thought eh car is strictly ony Euro 3 as Euro 4 did not exist at the time.  Submit the CoC with your V5C scan to TfL for London ULEZ and to CAZ for the other zones and you should get on the databases.

Yeah mate, done all this on page 6 of the thread!! 
CoC

TfL
CAZ
👍

11 hours ago, Guy Wilkinson said:

Yeah mate, done all this on page 6 of the thread!! 
CoC

TfL
CAZ
👍

Same place as me then.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

What, 2 hours after you sent the email?  Good going!

TfL turned mine round it about that time too.  Still to hear from CAZ some 20 working days later, they said 15...

25 minutes ago, Guy Wilkinson said:

Yup fair play to DVLA, v quick.

DVLA giving me ballache about the 996, despite all figures being in range, they want the COC to say EURO4, instead of the III next to the emissions figure.

I have asked Porsche GB to speak to Stuttgart to see if they can reissue.

C7365896-8A26-4BD5-A701-4C85F4861FC7.png

This is the core of the problem, the vehicle is older than the EURO 4 standard even though it complied with the yet to be set standard when build, the CoC can only say EURO 3.

I eventually got a response to some of my query from DVLA CAZ Team, below.  I have replied asking for clarification on NOx only of full Euro 4 compliance for older cars:

Thank you for your enquiry received on 06/04/2022. Your case reference number is 00023348.

The Drive in a clean air zone service is not linked to Transport for London's Ultra-Low Emission Zone. Before making a journey, we advise all drivers to use the relevant vehicle checker for the zone they intend to travel into if they are unsure if their vehicle meets the standards.

A key element of the Drive in a clean air zone service is the Vehicle Check service (VCs) which works to assess compliance and determines whether a vehicle is subject to a charge for entering a CAZ. The Charge Assessment Process works as follows:

·          

oThe Vehicle Checker will use Fuel Type to determine which Euro Standard is applicable for the vehicle i.e. Euro 4 for Petrol and Euro 6 for Diesel

oIf a vehicle has a Euro Standard populated in the DVLA database, then this will be used to determine the compliance of the vehicle and, subsequently, whether it should be charged

oWhere a Euro Standard is missing, the Vehicle Checker will use Date of First Registration as a proxy for determining a Euro Standard and, subsequently, whether the vehicle should be charged

oThe vehicle type is then determined and compared against the class of CAZ to determine chargeability. All vehicles will be classified as equivalent to either a car, van, minibus, bus/coach, HGV, taxi/private hire vehicle or motorcycle using information such as type approval, tax class, seating capacity, revenue weight and other factors.

As Euro Standard data is not readily available for vehicles prior to September 2018, Date of First Registration is generally used as a proxy for determining Euro Standard. We are aware that the use of date of first registration is not wholly representative of compliance, due to those manufacturers that have adopted the Euro standards early (so called ‘Early Adopters’) or where vehicles of the older standard are sold after new standards take effect.

To mitigate the impact on Early Adopters, a database was created containing numberplates from manufacturers who adopted Euro 6 (VI) emission standards for diesel vehicles and Euro 4 (IV) standards for petrol vehicles early. This database aims to ensure that these Early Adopters are not falsely determined as being non-compliant in terms of nitrogen dioxide emissions and subsequently charged by the central system. Not all the vehicle manufacturers concerned contributed to this database, however it is updated on a case-by-case basis. Vehicle keepers who think that their vehicle may be compliant can contact the CAZ Helpdesk on 0300 029 8888 (Mon-Fri 0800-1900, Sat 0800-1400) or by submitting an online form, so that the Escalation Unit can investigate. 

The Joint Air Quality Unit continually seeks to improve the service and as part of this, the Charge Assessment Process and the rules that sit behind it. All improvements must be impact assessed before they can be deployed to understand deliverability, fairness, value for
money and the impact on delivering legal levels of NO2 in the shortest time possible. 

Edited by ½cwt

39 minutes ago, ATM said:

I see

Did your car get accepted as exempt already, I can't remember?

TfL have accepted it, DVLA/CAZ I'm not sure I'll get accepted given the response but I'll keep trying. The 2001 onwards cars do fully comply with Euro 4 , the 2000 and earlier cars only comply on NOx so I'm not confident. ☹️

5 hours ago, ½cwt said:

TfL have accepted it, DVLA/CAZ I'm not sure I'll get accepted given the response but I'll keep trying. The 2001 onwards cars do fully comply with Euro 4 , the 2000 and earlier cars only comply on NOx so I'm not confident. ☹️

So have you sent the CoC to CAZ and asked?

I just checked my 2002 2.3S Boxster is exempt but unfortunately my 2010 Audi A4 2.0TDI doesn’t comply.

Regards,

Martin

2 hours ago, martinjohn308 said:

I just checked my 2002 2.3S Boxster is exempt but unfortunately my 2010 Audi A4 2.0TDI doesn’t comply.

Regards,

Martin

2001 onwards 986s should be OK.  The Audi will be Euro 5 and diesels need to be Euro 6 to be exempt, essentially as a massive generalisation, if you need Ad Blue you're OK.

• 1 month later...

So finally after my previous contact to CAZ back in May, they have come back today and confirmed that my 2000 3.2S IS compliant for the CAZ managed ULEZ zones.  This means they must only be looking at NOx, just as TfL do, as the 2000 and earlier cars have other emissions categories that are higher than the EURO4 standard, whereas 2001 onward are EURO4 level or lower for all emissions.  So all things being equal my car will be registered as ULEZ compliant in all the zones in 2 working days' time.

Oh, and 12 weeks to sort what they originally said they'd reply to in 15 working days...!

Edited by ½cwt
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

So finally after my previous contact to CAZ back in May, they have come back today and confirmed that my 2000 3.2S IS compliant for the CAZ managed ULEZ zones.  This means they must only be looking at NOx, just as TfL do, as the 2000 and earlier cars have other emissions categories that are higher than the EURO4 standard, whereas 2001 onward are EURO4 level or lower for all emissions.  So all things being equal my car will be registered as ULEZ compliant in all the zones in 2 working days' time.

Oh, and 12 weeks to sort what they originally said they'd reply to in 15 working days...!

Just to be clear on the above, it is a case by case application with a Certificate of Conformity required so they can confirm each vehicle.

Did you have to formally complain about the original decision or send a follow up email challenging their initital decision?

Any chance you could share the wording of your email?

I received a definite no from Cazsupport@dvla.gov.uk regarding my 911, despite the NOx being within range. The CoC stated EURO III despite satisfying all apsects of EURO IV.

I asked PGB to enquire with Stuttgart whether the CoC could be changed to say EURO IV but Stuttgart said no.

Are dvla sending you an updated V5?