986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

4 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

Hi @SilverBud,

I think my certificate came back in a couple of weeks and then TFL took about a week. You car is 100% compliant, it's literally a matter of getting the certificate to TFL so they update their database. I can't believe that TFL don't update their master data after they have proof a model is compliant so that everyone doesn't have to go through this process. It's a great example of a system set up to suit the needs of the staff instead of the customer.

Thanks for this @dpg123 I really appreciate yours and everyone elses guidance regarding this matter. The system is clearly flawed and misguiding. I imagine many car owners (not just Porsche owners) are concluding that the results being relayed to them via the checker are defacto and are subsequently selling based on that missguidance, which begs the question, is the system fit for purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Guy Wilkinson said:

Thanks @dpg123  

Just emailed TFL my COC. NOX 0.048

Boxster S 3.2 with pre and post cat O2 sensors.

894A2302-5506-4C2A-9CB7-1CCDCF8B0617.jpeg

Nice one! When I sent the scanned copy of this to TFL I made sure I highlighted the correct section for them to refer to as it's all in German...TFL, to their credit, got back to me pretty quickly and it was all sorted. Good luck with the final step!

On 9/5/2021 at 4:16 PM, SilverBud said:

I've just sent my letter off to Porsche UK (customer.assistance@porsche.co.uk) requesting the Certificate of Conformity. Seems like dpg123 had a to wait a while to get a response - hopfully I'll get one sooner than later. Short on time here but if the results come in and they are positive that would be amazing! Will send upates as and when pos.

Any update? Have you received your certificate of conformity and, if so, what does it say?

Sorted. No ULEZ applies. To be fair to TFL they have sorted this really quickly.

ideally this needs updating on DVLA database. I'm going to have to do this for every city as emissions charging comes in in future.

The Manchester zone will extend to the boundaries of Greater Manchester. Initially for transit van sized vehicles, but in a few years it will no doubt apply to cars.

great work @dpg123

CEE8D37D-A1CB-4A22-BEAF-E154E5EBC89B.png

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, Boxob said:

Any update? Have you received your certificate of conformity and, if so, what does it say?

Hi @Guy Wilkinson Sorry, have only just seen your message.

Not yet unfortunatly :( still waiting and the clock is-a-tickin but Porsche UK responded to my email on the 7th Sept saying the've sent my CoC application form to Germany so hopefully I'll receive the cert soon. I also contacted TfL just to be sure that email address provided by @dpg123 was still correct (it was a while ago since he referenced that so thought it prudent validate the email just in case), turns out that they advise sending the CoC to cclondon@cclondon.com. On that note I'll send to both email accounts to be sure they receive it!

Will be in touch soon...wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, Boxob said:

It's just arrived this this afternoon at last!

My NOx reads 0.065 g/km.

I can'nt recall what the max level was.. Can someone remind me?? Hope mine is within the limits !

COC.jpg

3 minutes ago, SilverBud said:

My NOx reads 0.065 g/km.

I can'nt recall what the max level was.. Can someone remind me?? Hope mine is within the limits !

COC.jpg

Form the ULEZ site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ways-to-meet-the-standard#on-this-page-0

you need to be Euro4 level compliant for petrol.....

From the AA site https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards

Euro 4 (EC2005)

January 2005 (January 2006)

Euro 4 (January 2005) and the later Euro 5 (September 2009) concentrated on cleaning up emissions from diesel cars, especially reducing particulate matter(PM) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx).

Some Euro 4 diesel cars were fitted with particulate filters.

Euro 4 emission limits (petrol)
  • CO – 1.0 g/km
  • HC – 0.10 g/km
  • NOx – 0.08
  • PM – no limit
Euro 4 emission limits (diesel)
  • CO – 0.50 g/km
  • HC+ NOx – 0.30 g/km
  • NOx – 0.25 g/km
  • PM – 0.025 g/km

I read that as "you win" :) 

4 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Form the ULEZ site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ways-to-meet-the-standard#on-this-page-0

From the AA site https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/euro-emissions-standards

Euro 4 (EC2005)

Euro 4 (January 2005) and the later Euro 5 (September 2009) concentrated on cleaning up emissions from diesel cars, especially reducing particulate matter(PM) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx).

• CO – 1.0 g/km
  • HC – 0.10 g/km
  • NOx – 0.08
  • PM – no limit
  • CO – 0.50 g/km
  • HC+ NOx – 0.30 g/km
  • NOx – 0.25 g/km
  • PM – 0.025 g/km

YOU BEAUTY!!!

Thank you for this. Not sure what the 'HC' element is... mine is higher.

Time to write a letter to TfL... that gives them 18 days to update the system :)

Can't quite say it eough but thanks to everyone involved in bringing this to light! I'll update the thread once I've heard back from TfL.

4 hours ago, SilverBud said:

My NOx reads 0.065 g/km.

COC.jpg

Is this specific to your vehicle or applicable to all 2.5 Boxsters? If this applies generally then TfL should update their records for all 2.5 Boxsters. A case of maladministration if they do not I would have thought.  I ask because I have received a letter from TfL telling me my car, a 1998 2.5 Boxster, does not comply with ULEZ.  

14 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Is this specific to your vehicle or applicable to all 2.5 Boxsters? If this applies generally then TfL should update their records for all 2.5 Boxsters. A case of maladministration if they do not I would have thought.  I ask because I have received a letter from TfL telling me my car, a 1998 2.5 Boxster, does not comply with ULEZ.  

That's very odd. Did you get hold of your CoC from Porsche and if so what were your NOx readings? I would imagine that if those details are'nt on your V5C then you simply get dumped into a general 'fail' basket.

Your Box is the same year and model as mine so I can't imagine why you recived that letter if you have provided them with the evidence.

1 minute ago, SilverBud said:

That's very odd. Did you get hold of your CoC from Porsche and if so what were your NOx readings? I would imagine that if those details are'nt on your V5C then you simply get dumped into a general 'fail' basket.

Your Box is the same year and model as mine so I can't imagine why you recived that letter if you have provided them with the evidence.

I sent my email to TfL earlier today with copies of the CoC. My only concern is the HC levels are outside of the 0.10 range (mine is 0.222).

4 hours ago, SilverBud said:

Can't quite say it eough but thanks to everyone involved in bringing this to light!

Yes you can; make a contribution towards this site :) There’s a button somewhere to donate. 
And stick around; we have strict For Sale rules (and imperfect, we acknowledge) but we can be helpful enthusiasts :) 

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Yes you can; make a contribution towards this site :) There’s a button somewhere to donate. 
And stick around; we have strict For Sale rules (and imperfect, we acknowledge) but we can be helpful enthusiasts :) 

Shrewd markting techniques but I see no reason why I should'nt contribute given the amount of time and energy saved should this all deliver a positive outcome. It is noted ;)

50 minutes ago, SilverBud said:

I've not provided them with any evidence. I don't live in London nor travel there much by car so not sure why TfL contacted me (with the wrong information it seems!). But as they have done so it would be nice to correct their records.

23 minutes ago, Boxob said:

I've not provided them with any evidence. I don't live in London nor travel there much by car so not sure why TfL contacted me (with the wrong information it seems!). But as they have done so it would be nice to correct their records.

It os odd that they contacted you. I suspect they are probably just sending out letters to car owners whose vehicles dont conform just to cover their own behinds, regardless of wehter they come into London or not. That's just my opionion of course.

It might be prudent to get your details up dated in the event that you do need to come into London – does'nt cost a penny so nothing to loose. But yes I agree, it would seem to be a case of maladministration at best. I bumped into a 986 owner last week (metaphorically speaking) and informed him of the news I discovered on here, he was irate as he was quite literally in the process of selling the car to guy standing next to him! Such is the unfortunate outcome for those not in the know.

1 hour ago, SilverBud said:

It os odd that they contacted you. I suspect they are probably just sending out letters to car owners whose vehicles dont conform just to cover their own behinds, regardless of wehter they come into London or not.

I received a letter for one of my bikes.  I have a feeling I may have used it in London in the early 2000's and they therefore have it on record.  I've not received it for any other vehicles.

8 minutes ago, Araf said:

I received a letter for one of my bikes.  I have a feeling I may have used it in London in the early 2000's and they therefore have it on record.  I've not received it for any other vehicles.

What did you do in response to said letter?

1 hour ago, SilverBud said:

What did you do in response to said letter?

Ignored it.  That bike will probably never go near London again.

Ironically my 2012 family Merc is non compliant and I'm going in to just inside the expanded zone just before the new date. My 2004 Boxster is ok though. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:20 PM, Paul P said:

Euro 4 (EC2005)

• CO – 1.0 g/km
  • HC – 0.10 g/km
  • NOx – 0.08
  • PM – no limit
  • CO – 0.50 g/km
  • HC+ NOx – 0.30 g/km
  • NOx – 0.25 g/km
  • PM – 0.025 g/km

This is saga is now over and in just about good time as there's only 13 days remaining till ULEZ comes to town!
I am pleaased to report that cclondon sent me an email this morning confirming that my vehicle is exempt from the ULEZ charges ;). Just checked their checker and it's not been updated yet but I imagine it will at somepoint during the next few days.

Considering where I was all but 2 months ago I could not have dreamed of such a good outcome. I will be making a contribution to the site at the end of the month :)@Menoporsche

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news for you. It should also be excellent news for all those with Boxsters of the same year and engine size. It shouldn't be necessary for every owner to go through the same hoops (and anxiety about selling their car). TfL need to update their data base for all models matching those for which they have already accepted a conforming certificate. 

6 hours ago, Boxob said:

Excellent news for you. It should also be excellent news for all those with Boxsters of the same year and engine size. It shouldn't be necessary for every owner to go through the same hoops (and anxiety about selling their car). TfL need to update their data base for all models matching those for which they have already accepted a conforming certificate. 

I'd have to agree with you but the first port of call would have to be one of informing ALL car owners about the possibility that theeir vehicles might not neccessarily be liable for the ULEZ charges based on the return results of the ULEZ checker – I imagine most owners who use that faciltiy will take it as gosple and not think twice about challenging or even doing due dilligence. Come on TfL stick a big red call out on the checker page with above disclaimer!!