986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

2 hours ago, Bluepork03 said:

My 2003 S is recorded as follows:

NOx (g/km or g/kWh) 0.021

There is "No ULEZ Charge for this vehicle" according to TfL

Many thanks! 

Does anyone know if this is the data (the NOx figure from the V5C/DVLA records)  the ULEZ checker uses in the absence of an EURO6 rating? Is there anything else I need to get added/amended?

On 1/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, dpg123 said:

Bizarre! Anyone else on here have an '03 or '04S and fancy checking? 

04 S: No ULEZ charge due for this vehicle

I'd suggest your issue is that the car was re-registered in NI, and somehow has lost some details from the V5, hence it showing the wrong number of doors.  As it was originally UK registered, you would think that DVLA should be able to fix this based on the information on the original registration, although it may be a bit of hassle to get it sorted out.

Edited by MrBen

Some progress!!

TFL finally got back to me advising:

"If these values (NOx) are not recorded on your V5C, you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle's Conformity Certificate which you can obtain from your vehicle manufacturer".

I then upload these on the TFL website as evidence of my claim I shouldn't be charged.

So, I got in touch with Porsche GB (very helpful) who sent me a form to fill in requesting the certificate (details of the car, chassis number etc plus a scan of the V5C) which they send off to Germany and up to 28 days later I'll receive the Certificate of Conformity for my particular car. It's all free.

I'm not holding my breath yet, but I think I've finally worked out a way to proceed!!

4 minutes ago, MrBen said:

I'd suggest your issue is that the car was re-registered in NI, and somehow has lost some details from the V5, hence it showing the wrong number of doors.  As it was originally UK registered, you would think that DVLA should be able to fix this based on the information on the originally registration, although it may be a bit of hassle to get it sorted out.

I suspect you're right. I'm going to focus on getting the car correctly recorded on the ULEZ site for now and once that's done I'll get the V5C corrected.

That's what I wrote above. The website is just pulling the data and if it is blank on your V5 and in the database then you won't get the green light to pass. It will default to not compliant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: My vehicle Certificate of Conformity arrived from Germany via Porsche GB. It records the NOx level as 0.021 g/km (the limit is 0.08), CO as 0.486 g/km (the limit is 1) and HC as 0.06 g/km (the limit is 0.1). 

So the car definitely complies with the ULEZ rules (indeed it actually complies with the latest EURO 6 standards, although it's not officially classed of course!).

I've passed the certificate and my V5C to TFL online and am awaiting a response. Hopefully it'll be officially ULEZ compliant on the ULEZ checker site soon!

2 hours ago, dpg123 said:

Update: My vehicle Certificate of Conformity arrived from Germany via Porsche GB. It records the NOx level as 0.021 g/km (the limit is 0.08), CO as 0.486 g/km (the limit is 1) and HC as 0.06 g/km (the limit is 0.1). 

So the car definitely complies with the ULEZ rules (indeed it actually complies with the latest EURO 6 standards, although it's not officially classed of course!).

I've passed the certificate and my V5C to TFL online and am awaiting a response. Hopefully it'll be officially ULEZ compliant on the ULEZ checker site soon!

Brilliant news, should be just a matter of time. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/3/2019 at 11:53 AM, GmanB said:

Brilliant news, should be just a matter of time. 👍

My car now officially complies with the ULEZ!! ULEZ checker website has finally been updated. That's got to have added thousands to the value, right?!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2019 at 3:39 PM, MrBen said:

I'd suggest your issue is that the car was re-registered in NI, and somehow has lost some details from the V5, hence it showing the wrong number of doors.  As it was originally UK registered, you would think that DVLA should be able to fix this based on the information on the original registration, although it may be a bit of hassle to get it sorted out.

All NI cars are registered via Cardiff, same as yours. The change came into place about 10 years ago.

39 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

All NI cars are registered via Cardiff, same as yours. The change came into place about 10 years ago.

Indeed they are.  Presumably if somebody takes a car out to NI now and wants to change to a NI plate, all the other details on the V5 would be retained, which suggests this one was done before the move.

Edited by MrBen

45 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

This is the wonderful thing about N Ireland. They always have to have different systems from everyone else (apart from when it come to Brexit of course!!) and this is a perfect example. They have the DVLNI (as opposed to the DVLA). When I bought the car it didn't have tax (just ran out). As I was the new owner and registered in London (DVLA) but the car had previously been registered by the DVLNI, I literally couldn't tax the car until I had the physical V5C in my hand. This took a month and I couldn't get the car from NI to my home on the mainland.

Added to this, the DVLNI is in the exact same office as the DVLA but they are not allowed to talk to each other. Further to THAT, the DVLNI used to be based in Coleraine, NI, but got moved to Swansea to "centralize services" and as a cost cutting measure by the NI Assembly. All that this actually achieved was that 300 jobs were lost in Coleraine and 300 created in Swansea. They are still totally separate departments!

My parents still live in NI and because of the (now 3 year) government shut down, there is a huuuuuuge back log of MOT's (no investment in increased capacity to meet increased demand). Now, because it's NI, you have to get the MOT done in a government run inspection centre. You can only book 3 months in advance (max). My dad went online exactly 3 months prior to his MOT expiring and, you guessed it, no slots available. This went on for over a month, every day, until he got a free slot. His car was off the road for a month as a result. Lots of people have resorted to getting a ferry to Scotland to get an MOT there so they can keep on the road.

Why there is not a single, online system (including electronic documentation etc) for the whole of the UK, I simply do not know. 

I'm originally from there BTW. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrBen said:

Indeed they are.  Presumably if somebody takes a car out to NI now and wants to change to a NI plate, all the other details on the V5 would be retained, which suggests this one was done before the move.

The car was originally sold in Edinburgh on a UK plate. It got swapped to a NI plate when it was resold through Belfast Porsche Centre in 2007. I assume the V5 details (emissions) got lost at that point as well as the car growing into a 4 door. 

Still, there can't be many 4 door Boxsters on the road in the UK, right? That's got to be worth a premium come resale time!

2 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

This is the wonderful thing about N Ireland.

Only someone from here can truly understand the complexities of the place. It makes me laugh. The DUP encourage a vote for Brexit just because the Shinners vote remain, conveniently forgetting that their voter base, the Ulster Farmer, depends a lot on EU subsidies to exist, and that small businesses will suffer as their largest market is just over the border. Nose off despite face.

Then the Shinners decide that they didn't get enough pellet burners installed on time and shut down the Assembly. It really is laughable. Another nose off job.

I'll give you a good one. Download the BBC Sounds app (if you haven't already), and look for a podcast called Perforated Ulster. The latest series has just finished, but the last few series are still available to hear. It's done by the Hole in the Wall Gang and is a weekly p*ss take of everything NI politically. My favourite is Michelle O'Neill and her machine gun-like speech. It's hilarious.

Just now, Happy Days said:

Only someone from here can truly understand the complexities of the place. It makes me laugh. The DUP encourage a vote for Brexit just because the Shinners vote remain, conveniently forgetting that their voter base, the Ulster Farmer, depends a lot on EU subsidies to exist, and that small businesses will suffer as their largest market is just over the border. Nose off despite face.

Then the Shinners decide that they didn't get enough pellet burners installed on time and shut down the Assembly. It really is laughable. Another nose off job.

I'll give you a good one. Download the BBC Sounds app (if you haven't already), and look for a podcast called Perforated Ulster. The latest series has just finished, but the last few series are still available to hear. It's done by the Hole in the Wall Gang and is a weekly p*ss take of everything NI politically. My favourite is Michelle O'Neill and her machine gun-like speech. It's hilarious.

Thanks - I'll look it up!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the DUP and NI in general if Boris Johnson wins an overall majority at a general election. All Arlene Foster's holding Westminster to ransom in order to get a few hundred million £ to spend on (what did it get spent on?!) will come back to haunt them! I can't imagine they'll be quite as popular in the corridors of power if that happens!

1 hour ago, dpg123 said:

This is the wonderful thing about N Ireland. They always have to have different systems from everyone else (apart from when it come to Brexit of course!!) and this is a perfect example. They have the DVLNI (as opposed to the DVLA). When I bought the car it didn't have tax (just ran out). As I was the new owner and registered in London (DVLA) but the car had previously been registered by the DVLNI, I literally couldn't tax the car until I had the physical V5C in my hand. This took a month and I couldn't get the car from NI to my home on the mainland.

Added to this, the DVLNI is in the exact same office as the DVLA but they are not allowed to talk to each other. Further to THAT, the DVLNI used to be based in Coleraine, NI, but got moved to Swansea to "centralize services" and as a cost cutting measure by the NI Assembly. All that this actually achieved was that 300 jobs were lost in Coleraine and 300 created in Swansea. They are still totally separate departments!

My parents still live in NI and because of the (now 3 year) government shut down, there is a huuuuuuge back log of MOT's (no investment in increased capacity to meet increased demand). Now, because it's NI, you have to get the MOT done in a government run inspection centre. You can only book 3 months in advance (max). My dad went online exactly 3 months prior to his MOT expiring and, you guessed it, no slots available. This went on for over a month, every day, until he got a free slot. His car was off the road for a month as a result. Lots of people have resorted to getting a ferry to Scotland to get an MOT there so they can keep on the road.

Why there is not a single, online system (including electronic documentation etc) for the whole of the UK, I simply do not know. 

That is bizzare, I was reading through thinking, that's just to generate jobs in Northern Ireland and then read that they had moved them🤔. My mum has never passed a driving test as they were just handing them out in NI when she was young. Doesn't show, honest😀

3 hours ago, dpg123 said:

This is the wonderful thing about N Ireland. They always have to have different systems from everyone else (apart from when it come to Brexit of course!!) 

Watch this space, may not be so true in 24 hours...  else we've all gone to Hell in a hand cart.  One or the other.

Edited by ½cwt

6 hours ago, dpg123 said:

My car now officially complies with the ULEZ!! ULEZ checker website has finally been updated. That's got to have added thousands to the value, right?!!

Fantastic, really wonderful news. Enjoy sitting in traffic in central London! 😂