986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

On 1/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, dpg123 said:

Nope! Standard 2004 986 S. I'll live within the zone come 2021(Wandsworth) so looks like I'll need to upgrade the car in the next year or so! 

Still don't get why my car is non-compliant when identical spec year older ones are not! 

Anyone else on here have an '04 986 S and fancies checking if their car is compliant on the site?

Well I have a 2004 986 non s and it says it's fine

10 minutes ago, That986 said:

Tbh i wouldn't worry too much as the ULEZ only covers where the Congestion Charge is at the moment. It's only if Sadiq I hate all cars Khan gets his idiot bill through that it will become an issue and there's plenty of opposition to it. 

The opposition won’t stand a chance a girl with acute asthma died (RIP) allegedly as a result of living more or less on the south circular. Unfortunately we live in a world of reactionary,  scare mongery, no hard fact  based politics and the masses believe what they’re told  or can’t be bothered to oppose it...and the motorist is seen as the Antichrist these days and rich pickings..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

The opposition won’t stand a chance a girl with acute asthma died (RIP) allegedly as a result of living more or less on the south circular. Unfortunately we live in a world of reactionary,  scare mongery, no hard fact  based politics and the masses believe what they’re told  or can’t be bothered to oppose it...and the motorist is seen as the Antichrist these days and rich pickings..

The problem with the bill is that it doesn't change anything. If you have a taxi for instance they're exempt, buses are exempt, trains are exempt etc etc. The only people it actually affects are the average person who if anything just travels one way to work and the same back. Basically the main polluters aren't affected in the slightest, if it made the travel operators get their ass in gear and stop running empty buses and we got rid of crappy old taxis off the road then i'd be all for it but it doesn't. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, That986 said:

The problem with the bill is that it doesn't change anything. If you have a taxi for instance they're exempt, buses are exempt, trains are exempt etc etc. The only people it actually affects are the average person who if anything just travels one way to work and the same back. Basically the main polluters aren't affected in the slightest, if it made the travel operators get their ass in gear and stop running empty buses and we got rid of crappy old taxis off the road then i'd be all for it but it doesn't. 

Ahhh but there you have the strategy with the average motorist driven off the road (excuse the pun lol) with surcharges, buses wont be empty and as for the taxi's (assume the black cab version) well they have Khan in their back pocket as they've driven UBER out with anti competitive behavior.  I think the charges will apply to UBER drivers as talking to them they will have to add it to their fares meaning they will not be able to compete in London, so will move out to the suburbs.  Another positive side affect.  Eventually only the rich and famous will be able to drive around London,  maybe that's the plan.......Sad really as I was born and bred there. There again we could have a change of Mayor........

47 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Ahhh but there you have the strategy with the average motorist driven off the road (excuse the pun lol) with surcharges, buses wont be empty and as for the taxi's (assume the black cab version) well they have Khan in their back pocket as they've driven UBER out with anti competitive behavior.  I think the charges will apply to UBER drivers as talking to them they will have to add it to their fares meaning they will not be able to compete in London, so will move out to the suburbs.  Another positive side affect.  Eventually only the rich and famous will be able to drive around London,  maybe that's the plan.......Sad really as I was born and bred there. There again we could have a change of Mayor........

I saw yesterday that Uber are aiming to go fully electric in London by 2025. They're paying for this by charging you and me 15p extra per mile travelled to help fund the car purchase subsidies they'll offer drivers.

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/newsroom/uber-helps-london-go-electric/

I would imaging that all Uber's current vehicles are Euro 4 compliant at the moment so would be exempt from the ULEZ charge?

Personally I think Sadiq is an awful London Mayor - his policies with planning, environment and transport are woeful, they blame everybody else for the current problems (he'll have been in office 3 years in May) and don't get me started on violent crime/stabbings...

I've got a 986 manual  04 3.2 s ,just checked with reg and says no charge.maybe it's chargeable if tiptronic ? , 

Edited by S2sam

1 hour ago, dpg123 said:

Personally I think Sadiq is an awful London Mayor - his policies with planning, environment and transport are woeful, they blame everybody else for the current problems (he'll have been in office 3 years in May) and don't get me started on violent crime/stabbings...

He's a moron. His traffic plans have basically made London come to a standstill in place. 20 mph limits on main roads, cycle lanes taking up half a road (Embankment is a mess now and is a constant gridlock) etc. He needs to realise that to lessen the pollution the traffic needs to move, not be constantly hampered by expensive "calming" measures. 

I worked out one day the amount of buses that go up East Ham high street on a daily basis and it was easily into four figures. These are mainly old, belching pieces of junk that are going through a major high street. How is that healthy? Why do we have to have so many going to roughly the same place? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, That986 said:

He's a moron. His traffic plans have basically made London come to a standstill in place. 20 mph limits on main roads, cycle lanes taking up half a road (Embankment is a mess now and is a constant gridlock) etc. He needs to realise that to lessen the pollution the traffic needs to move, not be constantly hampered by expensive "calming" measures. 

I worked out one day the amount of buses that go up East Ham high street on a daily basis and it was easily into four figures. These are mainly old, belching pieces of junk that are going through a major high street. How is that healthy? Why do we have to have so many going to roughly the same place? 

Are the buses not the new routemaster which I would’ve thought met latest emission targets? 

2 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Are the buses not the new routemaster which I would’ve thought met latest emission targets? 

There are a few of those but most are the old type. Really nice catching a lungful of their cr*p while walking to the tube. 

• 8 months later...

Right, to resurrect this, I am now deeply confused.

I put 3 or 4 identical car's reg (2004 986S, manual) I found on Autotrader into the ULEZ checker and none are liable for the charge.

Put my car in, I am liable. Identical cars, same engine, gearbox, year. I don't get it.

Its infuriating because I will need to sell if I'm liable. I dont want to.

For example: GN04 SCV is on Autotrader. No ULEZ charge. Others: NK54 AVO, WX04 GMG, GX53 FTK etc etc etc...

My car is OEZ 8589. 2004 (May) 986 3.2S manual. I have to pay. WHY???

I have sent TFL an email asking them to explain the discrepancy. They just came back saying my car doesn't meet the regs. They completely failed to address the fact that identical cars, both younger and older than mine, are not liable. 

HELP!

37 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

Right, to resurrect this, I am now deeply confused.

I put 3 or 4 identical car's reg (2004 986S, manual) I found on Autotrader into the ULEZ checker and none are liable for the charge.

Put my car in, I am liable. Identical cars, same engine, gearbox, year. I don't get it.

Its infuriating because I will need to sell if I'm liable. I dont want to.

For example: GN04 SCV is on Autotrader. No ULEZ charge. Others: NK54 AVO, WX04 GMG, GX53 FTK etc etc etc...

My car is OEZ 8589. 2004 (May) 986 3.2S manual. I have to pay. WHY???

I have sent TFL an email asking them to explain the discrepancy. They just came back saying my car doesn't meet the regs. They completely failed to address the fact that identical cars, both younger and older than mine, are not liable. 

HELP!

My friend who has a 987 is going through this process as his car comes up as being liable for the charge. It starts with the DVLA and then flows down to TFL. I am seeing him at the weekend and will see where he is upto with it.

For petrol cars the ULEZ only measures Nitrogen oxide which must comply with Euro 4 to be exempt from the charge. There are slight changes to the emissions based on engine numbers. You can check on your V5C to verify the factory emissions. 

More info here 

Edited by GmanB

16 hours ago, TV8 said:

My friend who has a 987 is going through this process as his car comes up as being liable for the charge. It starts with the DVLA and then flows down to TFL. I am seeing him at the weekend and will see where he is upto with it.

Many thanks! Any info would be helpful...

16 hours ago, GmanB said:

For petrol cars the ULEZ only measures Nitrogen oxide which must comply with Euro 4 to be exempt from the charge. There are slight changes to the emissions based on engine numbers. You can check on your V5C to verify the factory emissions. 

More info here 

On my V5C I have no information on Exhaust emissions (section V1-5). The only emission date it includes is in section V7 (CO2: 255G/KM). 

What do other people have on their V5C's? Do you have full emissions details? 

4 minutes ago, S14 said:

Hi,

I checked my 986 3.2s, 04 plate on the ULEZ website and it is compliant!!

Arrrgh! Lucky you!! haha!

I simply do not get this. Surely the ULEZ checker must be based on model/year as opposed to the individual emissions of a particular vehicle by chassis number...they'd not have access to that, would they?

3 hours ago, GmanB said:

@dpg123 not sure why your V5 doesn't have emissions data on it. Is it an import or has it ever had a different engine put in? I assumed the ULEZ checker looked at V5 data.

Not an import but registered in NI before I bought it. It was originally registered in Edinburgh though. Maybe I need to talk to the DVLA as it also says it has 4 doors...