986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

On 2/20/2023 at 9:14 AM, ATM said:

I do know the CAZ system is run or maintained in some way by DVLA and therefore I can only assume that TFL must not be as the 2 are definitely separate.  So I am not sure how much info TFL can get from DVLA as there may be some GDPR type shenanigans going on.

Deffo use different DB's as their source info. When i run my plate against the UK wide government ULEZ plate check it shows that my car would be charged in Brum and Bristol. This shows that their DB doesn't have access to the emissions figures documented in my V5C.
https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

Now when i ran my plate against the TFL for ULEZ it passed and said it was compliant so it has picked up the emissions from my V5C so at least thats one less thing i need to do although i cant envisage driving into London anytime soon with the 986. 
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

Denied for the second time.  This time they just send your car is euro 3.

In the last email they said The ULEZ Scheme requires vehicles to meet the following standards: ● Petrol Vehicles must be Euro 4 or have NOx emissions equal to, or less than, 0.08 grams per kilometre.

In this email they just quoted Petrol Vehicles must be Euro 4

I have replied again, I have highlighted the nox figure and re sent them the document, just asking them to look at the feking thing.  I must have a right lazy jobs worth!

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Denied for the second time.  This time they just send your car is euro 3.

In the last email they said The ULEZ Scheme requires vehicles to meet the following standards: ● Petrol Vehicles must be Euro 4 or have NOx emissions equal to, or less than, 0.08 grams per kilometre.

In this email they just quoted Petrol Vehicles must be Euro 4

I have replied again, I have highlighted the nox figure and re sent them the document, just asking them to look at the feking thing.  I must have a right lazy jobs worth!

Just tired to PM you but you can't receive messages currently.

7 hours ago, fizz said:

Deffo use different DB's as their source info. When i run my plate against the UK wide government ULEZ plate check it shows that my car would be charged in Brum and Bristol. This shows that their DB doesn't have access to the emissions figures documented in my V5C.
https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

Now when i ran my plate against the TFL for ULEZ it passed and said it was compliant so it has picked up the emissions from my V5C so at least thats one less thing i need to do although i cant envisage driving into London anytime soon with the 986. 
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

For the CAZ you need to contact them and attach a photo of your V5 showing the CO2 etc. and they will change that so that you comply with all areas. Worked for me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

For the CAZ you need to contact them and attach a photo of your V5 showing the CO2 etc. and they will change that so that you comply with all areas. Worked for me.

Yup already done that today. 👍

10 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

But if your V5C doesn't have the emissions data listed, it was not felt important by everyone to record it when they first registered a car back in late 90s/ early 00s, you have to jump through more hoops with the CoC...

9 hours ago, fizz said:

Yup already done that today. 👍

Email sent yesterday afternoon,  got email back this morning and all sorted for CAZ but then mine had the emission figures on my v5.

-------------------

Dear Mr Faisal 

Thank you for your enquiry received on 22/02/2023. Your case reference number is 00049130.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to this matter.

Based on the information available on your vehicle's DVLA record, I can confirm that your vehicle is compliant with the minimum emissions standards for Clean Air Zones, and your vehicle is not subject to Clean Air Zone charges.

I have requested for your record to be updated to reflect this.

This will be updated within 2 working days. Please check back on the Vehicle Checker before your next journey into or within the Clean Air Zone.

Please be aware, if you intend to drive into or within the zone before this has been updated, you will still need to pay for the journey. Local Authorities are responsible for all charging orders and refunds, if you have received a PCN, you should follow the instructions on the letter to complete a representation and use our email response as evidence of compliance.

If you have already paid a charge you will need to contact the Local Authority and ask for a refund.

Should you change your Vehicle Registration Number in the future, you will need to notify the Drive in a clean air zone service to have your vehicle record updated.

I trust this is of assistance to you.

R Nichols

-------------

Once again cheers cwt! Owe you 2 mango lassis now! 

2 hours ago, fizz said:

Email sent yesterday afternoon,  got email back this morning and all sorted for CAZ but then mine had the emission figures on my v5.

-------------------

Dear Mr Faisal 

Thank you for your enquiry received on 22/02/2023. Your case reference number is 00049130.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to this matter.

Based on the information available on your vehicle's DVLA record, I can confirm that your vehicle is compliant with the minimum emissions standards for Clean Air Zones, and your vehicle is not subject to Clean Air Zone charges.

I have requested for your record to be updated to reflect this.

This will be updated within 2 working days. Please check back on the Vehicle Checker before your next journey into or within the Clean Air Zone.

Please be aware, if you intend to drive into or within the zone before this has been updated, you will still need to pay for the journey. Local Authorities are responsible for all charging orders and refunds, if you have received a PCN, you should follow the instructions on the letter to complete a representation and use our email response as evidence of compliance.

If you have already paid a charge you will need to contact the Local Authority and ask for a refund.

Should you change your Vehicle Registration Number in the future, you will need to notify the Drive in a clean air zone service to have your vehicle record updated.

I trust this is of assistance to you.

R Nichols

-------------

Once again cheers cwt! Owe you 2 mango lassis now! 

I'm back home now, a beer will cover it though :beer:  ;)

Edited by ½cwt
  • Haha 1

Strangely TFL have  written to me twice now to tell me that my Van isn’t exempt from the congestion charge , this is despite me living over 100 miles away and the vehicle never travelling anywhere near London, seriously considering reporting tfl to ico for data breach as no reason why they have requested information from the dvla 

16 hours ago, dunks said:

Strangely TFL have  written to me twice now to tell me that my Van isn’t exempt from the congestion charge , this is despite me living over 100 miles away and the vehicle never travelling anywhere near London, seriously considering reporting tfl to ico for data breach as no reason why they have requested information from the dvla 

Could your reg have been cloned and the cloned vehicle has been seen in or around London?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've been going through the process of getting my car listed as ULEZ compliant, wrote to Porsche around a month ago and then received the Certificate of Conformity about a week or so ago, emailed the details along with the 1st and 2nd page of my V5C to the Clean Air Zone department, Low Emissions Zone Scotland and TfL, the Scottish department emailed back less than 24 hours later to say my details had been updated and my vehicle is now listed as compliant, and having just checked the Clean Air Zones website it seems to also be fully compliant for that as well, however TfL replied to say that they couldn't confirm all the details as they need all 4 pages of the V5C!

The other odd thing is that I didn't bother applying for a new V5C as its a £25 fee for a new one and I didn't really think it was necessary, but today despite not applying or paying for one I received a new updated V5C in the post with my NOx level now listed! 🤔

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  My V5C doesn't have the emissions data listed but I've been through the process for TfL and CAZ in England to get the vehicle registered as ULEZ compliant but not had a new V5C issued.  Could it be the Scottish enquiry that has triggered this?  I wonder if a new V5C were issued against my car would the emissions data now show?