986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

2 hours ago, ATM said:

Other than many many typos that seems well done to Me. Good Job.

Focusing on the content - Thanks 👍.

Sorry for the spelling.  Quite a few words don't seem to show up in my spellcheck on Windows like teh for example and I can't find how to get rid of the wrong words even in the MS Edge browser dictionaries, the Office products all work fine.  Throw in some dyslexia for when I'm checking it myself. Well. you've seen the result.... 

15 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Sorry for the spelling.  Quite a few words don't seem to show up in my spellcheck on Windows like teh for example and I can't find how to get rid of the wrong words even in the MS Edge browser dictionaries, the Office products all work fine.  Throw in some dyslexia for when I'm checking it myself. Well. you've seen the result.... 

Typos are generally on the rise. When I was a kid they were unacceptable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Oh I sympathise! I'm dyslexic and for some reason I invariable type teh and have to correct it 'manually'. I too wish I could get spell check to automatically correct it. Oh and when I have more time I'm going to try to get my Boxster 'cleared' for use in Bristol inner 'clean zone' and avoid £9 a day following your instructions - thanks!🤞

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently emailed Porsche about getting a certificate, this was in the reply

Thank you for your interest in a Certificate of Conformity.

Please find the form attached. Full details of the documents are detailed on the form.

Please note Certificates of Conformity are only available for EU specification vehicles built after 1997.

My car was built in 1996, any idea what this means for me? 

Is there an age limit where it doesn't matter so my car is exempt by default?

1 hour ago, Daboy3000 said:

I recently emailed Porsche about getting a certificate, this was in the reply

Thank you for your interest in a Certificate of Conformity.

Please find the form attached. Full details of the documents are detailed on the form.

Please note Certificates of Conformity are only available for EU specification vehicles built after 1997.

My car was built in 1996, any idea what this means for me? 

Is there an age limit where it doesn't matter so my car is exempt by default?

I believe this is 1997 model year, which is the first model year of the 986 even if built (from August 1996) and registered in 1996.  If in doubt call them on 03457 911911 to clarify.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread.

I have a 52 Plate Boxster S and live in London. December 2021, sent of my CoFC and V5c. Day later. ULEZ compliant.

Today I have got an email from TFL saying as of 24/02/2023 we are removing this and you will need to pay ULEZ. I have sent the document back along with the AA link pointing out the Euro 4 standards, highlighted where on the Porsche CofC it exceeds these.

Has anyone else had this recently. I do not get how they can suddenly back track like this? 

I got mine listed with both TfL and CAZ as compliant. Nothing received yet to say they are removing it. The only thing could be of they are tightening up on all aspects of Euro 4 petrol as the 2000 and earlier cars only meet the NOx level. I thought the 2001 onwards were fully compliant even if the Euro 4 standard didn't exist then.

1 hour ago, twistywizard23 said:

Reviving this thread.

I have a 52 Plate Boxster S and live in London. December 2021, sent of my CoFC and V5c. Day later. ULEZ compliant.

Today I have got an email from TFL saying as of 24/02/2023 we are removing this and you will need to pay ULEZ. I have sent the document back along with the AA link pointing out the Euro 4 standards, highlighted where on the Porsche CofC it exceeds these.

Has anyone else had this recently. I do not get how they can suddenly back track like this? 

Just double checked my 02 S and still is ULEZ exempt. 

So this is the letter. God knows why. Unless due to the soon to come into force expansion, they are revoking and revisiting and expecting people to go through the process.

I have submitted it all again. So will keep everyone updated in case anyone has this problem. 

F47DB926-C50D-4057-B701-840259AAE5E3.jpeg

Edited by twistywizard23
  • Thanks 1

Oh heck, I literally just bought my 2003 Boxster s at the weekend after looking and making sure although isn’t euro 4, was compliant. I’m based in the London Borough of Bexley so this may get interesting/annoying as that crook “khan” is expanding the ULEZ to my area in August. I’ll be following this thread as understood I may have been taking a gamble on this… might have to move house 🤣

19 minutes ago, L14m said:

Oh heck, I literally just bought my 2003 Boxster s at the weekend after looking and making sure although isn’t euro 4, was compliant. I’m based in the London Borough of Bexley so this may get interesting/annoying as that crook “khan” is expanding the ULEZ to my area in August. I’ll be following this thread as understood I may have been taking a gamble on this… might have to move house 🤣

That's the spirit. Sell a house worth a mint, buy a bit further out and invest the difference in Boxster maintenance!

Either that or I'm sure some advanced Man Maths could make a newer Boxster work and stay put.

1 minute ago, Clivescoobydo said:

And not just London I understand it’s coming to lot of major cities, all under the guise of helping pollution which is proven to be a load of b*ll*cks. I guess if we all continue to elect these morons this is what we get. 

Do you imagine exhaust emissions are good for our health? Morons, it seems, are widely available.

1 hour ago, L14m said:

Stick your reg through the gov web site. Mine is 03 and comes up as compliant. I have the same with the zone coming to the doorstep. 🙄🤙🏻

31 minutes ago, Fat Rat said:

Stick your reg through the gov web site. Mine is 03 and comes up as compliant. I have the same with the zone coming to the doorstep. 🙄🤙🏻

I've just done a quick check on my 2003 3.2S... 

GX8xh53.jpg

Interesting that different council have different parameters it seems...

Being based in bradford we have a clean air zone but it's currently just for commercial vehicles.  

So how is my car compliant for the big smoke but not other smaller cities? Different rules? 

5HPJeWW.jpg

Edited by fizz

32 minutes ago, fizz said:

GX8xh53.jpg

Being based in bradford we have a clean air zone but it's currently just for commercial vehicles.  

So how is my car compliant for the big smoke but not other smaller cities? Different rules? 

5HPJeWW.jpg

I think the emissions reason is great. But personally I think they are all taking the p*ss and taking it too far to raise funds. No wider structure. Bit like the no car areas around Hammersmith. Local businesses going bust as no passing trade and the council making a mint. 🤔

1 hour ago, Fat Rat said:

I think the emissions reason is great. But personally I think they are all taking the p*ss and taking it too far to raise funds. No wider structure. Bit like the no car areas around Hammersmith. Local businesses going bust as no passing trade and the council making a mint. 🤔

I live in Hammersmith right on the border of Chiswick.

Hopefully it gets sorted. If not, will have no choice but to sell it and get something newer. As myself and my partner use is it daily alongside a Polestar 2. Which would be a shame as I love the thing. 

2 hours ago, fizz said:

GX8xh53.jpg

5HPJeWW.jpg

My 2001 S - no charge  :)

For vehicle registration (number plate)
MIG 9865

Clean air zone Daily charge Zone live Map Exemptions
Bath No Charge Now BathZone boundary Bath and North East Somerset Council
Birmingham No Charge Now BirminghamZone boundary Birmingham City Council
Bradford No Charge Now BradfordZone boundary Bradford City Council
Bristol No Charge Now BristolZone boundary Bristol City Council
Greater Manchester No Charge Under review Greater ManchesterZone boundary Greater Manchester
Portsmouth No Charge Now PortsmouthZone boundary Portsmouth City Council
Sheffield No Charge 27 February 2023 SheffieldZone boundary Sheffield City Council
Tyneside - Newcastle and Gateshead No Charge Now Tyneside - Newcastle and GatesheadZone boundary Tyneside - Newcastle and Gateshead

7 minutes ago, Southy said:

My 2001 S - no charge  :)

For vehicle registration (number plate)
MIG 9865

Clean air zone Daily charge Zone live Map Exemptions
Bath No Charge Now BathZone boundary Bath and North East Somerset Council
Birmingham No Charge Now BirminghamZone boundary Birmingham City Council
Bradford No Charge Now BradfordZone boundary Bradford City Council
Bristol No Charge Now BristolZone boundary Bristol City Council
Greater Manchester No Charge Under review Greater ManchesterZone boundary Greater Manchester
Portsmouth No Charge Now PortsmouthZone boundary Portsmouth City Council
Sheffield No Charge 27 February 2023 SheffieldZone boundary Sheffield City Council
Tyneside - Newcastle and Gateshead No Charge Now Tyneside - Newcastle and GatesheadZone boundary Tyneside - Newcastle and Gateshead

So there's a difference between pre and post face-lift 3.2S then it seems... as mine gets charged in a couple whereas yours is exempt? 

11 hours ago, fizz said:

If Big Smoke is London then .....

Nothing so simple.  The rules could be different - not sure.  Right now we believe the same rules.

My car was not ULEZ according to CAZ when I bought it.  I found out because I got fined for driving through one in Birmingham thinking it was ULEZ.  It was ULEZ on all websites I checked prior to buying it because they use TFL for this data.  The 2 systems are different so you can be ULEZ on one and not the other.  I didn't know this but I do now. 

TFL = one system

CAZ = a totally different system

Wont go on about this here because hopefully we all know that now. You can look back for the details as I think they are in this thread.

8 hours ago, fizz said:

So there's a difference between pre and post face-lift 3.2S then it seems... as mine gets charged in a couple whereas yours is exempt? 

Not sure how you define facelift but mine is also an 01 S, it is manual with ambers and plastic window. 

They may have used my info at DVLA [who run the CAZ system] to exempt all similar Boxsters as the CofC would be identical.  This of course assumes a level of competence which may be optimistic.

2023-02-15-08-08-53-Results-for-all-curr