986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

2 hours ago, map said:

Emissions figures alter by wheel size and other options fitted at the factory.

So in that respect the emissions are vehicle specific.

Reading TFL’s note seems to suggest that whatever paperwork you sent them is missing the VIN to link the stated NOx to your actual car. 

The whole thing is bit strange. My 02 S is now exempt from ULEZ, having been exempt, then non exempt! Maybe it’s the 18” wheels fitted at the factory lol

18 minutes ago, edc said:

At least you can hopefully claim a backdated refund.

I found a page on there webste claiming "We don't refund daily charges or charges for dates in the past." To date I have been paying daily. I had to get them to confirm that over a chat... they said yes they would refund my daily charges.

10 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

The whole thing is bit strange. My 02 S is now exempt from ULEZ, having been exempt, then non exempt! Maybe it’s the 18” wheels fitted at the factory lol

That is even stranger! maybe by having bigger wheels you are increasing your carbon footprint 😤

4 minutes ago, SilverBud said:

I found a page on there webste claiming "We don't refund daily charges or charges for dates in the past." To date I have been paying daily. I had to get them to confirm that over a chat... they said yes they would refund my daily charges.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/paying-the-congestion-charge/refunds-and-reimbursements#on-this-page-1

Just now, SilverBud said:

128871507_Screenshot2021-11-04at14_42_14.thumb.png.ec550c9f3f02402227a13ca6d1bfc92d.png

It's over. What can I say. Great releif :)

Now I have an Enquiry open for £75 worth of unfounded charges I've paid... hope that does'nt take another four weeks to resolve!

I will donate half to the forum if that is ok? I can't really afford much more. Should be enought to be the team a round of drinks :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBud said:

It's over. What can I say. Great releif :)

Now I have an Enquiry open for £75 worth of unfounded charges I've paid... hope that does'nt take another four weeks to resolve!

I will donate half to the forum if that is ok? I can't really afford much more. Should be enought to be the team a round of drinks :)

Pleased for you mate - result in the end.

Cant speak for the forum collective - but personally I would say that's more than generous.

I would add, stick around, there's good info, good banter, and good people on here and you never know what other bits of info or help might come along.

1 minute ago, Paul P said:

Pleased for you mate - result in the end.

Cant speak for the forum collective - but personally I would say that's more than generous.

I would add, stick around, there's good info, good banter, and good people on here and you never know what other bits of info or help might come along.

Thanks Paul. It's certainly a jewel amoungst rocks:– I'll be keeping a keen eye on other things going on here for sure.

1 minute ago, Boxob said:

Given Maps comments about wheel size affecting emissions, out of interest what wheel size do you have? 16" or 17"?

Other items like climate control/AirCon, body kits (that’s probably about it for a Boxster) will also impact emissions figures.

I know this from my company car days. The Benefit on Kind rate for the same engined and bodied model will be different based on wheel choices etc. 

1 minute ago, SilverBud said:

I have 18" original Turbos alloys – the car came with 16" if im correct.

9 minutes ago, map said:

Other items like climate control/AirCon, body kits (that’s probably about it for a Boxster) will also impact emissions figures.

I know this from my company car days. The Benefit on Kind rate for the same engined and bodied model will be different based on wheel choices etc. 

When I spoke to a TfL rep yesterday she said that the reason why some cars dont fall into the exempt catagory is because they own private plates. She might have a point but I was'nt entirely convinced. I've been around the houses with quite a few reps over the last few weeks and have learned that the level of fragmentation and disparity of knowledge between the various different departements is staggering. One even attempted to charge me £10 to get the process of refunding under way. It's clear that the 'Back Office' as it's known is where all the decisions are made but the unfortuntly you cannot speak with anyone in that department directly.

9 minutes ago, SilverBud said:

I have 18" original Turbos alloys – the car came with 16" if im correct.

The emissions data for a specific car are based on the as built spec of the car.

Which for me is a good thing…..

• Haha 1

YES! BoXa strikes again!

suggest you start a new thread in Running Reports or Members Rides, title something like “SilverBud’s 986” and say a bit about you/ your car. And pics are welcome. 
If you don’t mind meeting like-minded weirdos, put your approximate location in there and see if you get prodded to join some early breakfasts. 

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

YES! BoXa strikes again!

suggest you start a new thread in Running Reports or Members Rides, title something like “SilverBud’s 986” and say a bit about you/ your car. And pics are welcome. 
If you don’t mind meeting like-minded weirdos, put your approximate location in there and see if you get prodded to join some early breakfasts. 

lol! She's a bit to tatty and definatly no garage queen. Happy to upload a few pics here and see if it's worth creating a thread 😊

IMG_3633.jpg

On 11/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, SilverBud said:

I've just resent all the documents to them again lol.

I also contacted DVLA – 6 week turnaround to add the data from the CoC onto my V5C.

You don't need to do this to get the ULEZ database though. You just need to point out the relevant section on the COC and accompany that with page 1 and 2 of the V5C. 

5 hours ago, dpg123 said:

You don't need to do this to get the ULEZ database though. You just need to point out the relevant section on the COC and accompany that with page 1 and 2 of the V5C. 

In the end it turns out that they simply didnt read all the provided information properly.

Today (and yesterday) I attempted to file the refund using the advised page to upload ticket information. Even that was down 🤣 I've raised a manual ticket to reclaim the payments though whcih they assure will be with me in the next 5-10 wiorking days lol.