Wipers

Darkstar

So this morning my drivers wiper ended wrapped round my wing mirror. Removed the nut and refitted and it's as tight as I'm willing to go so will have too see. 

As far as I can see to get the arm off the splin I need some sort of puller, and my IMS bearing replaced. 

However when I was messing around I noticed the blade was different. 

QhjbIeZ.jpg

Is this normal is it fitted correctly. I don't have this on my other boxster. 

How had the wiper rotated onto the wing mirror if it's still on the spline? Mine just lifted off the spline once the nut was removed, although it helps if you raise the blade to take the spring pressure off the spline.

I'm guessing that strange piece of plastic acted like a sail and caused the arm to rotate on the spline. 

I tried to pull it off but it's not for moving and i don't want to try rotating as that could further damage the spline. 

I've put the nut back on and really tightened it but I think I need a blade without the storage plastic wing. 

Any suggestions for a decent pair. 

The ones I bought off the bay for silver were criticised by CPS. 

I have ordered a puller at £6.99. Half the price of a burger and chips. 

20 hours ago, Darkstar said:

So this morning my drivers wiper ended wrapped round my wing mirror. Removed the nut and refitted and it's as tight as I'm willing to go so will have too see. 

As far as I can see to get the arm off the splin I need some sort of puller, and my IMS bearing replaced. 

QhjbIeZ.jpg

I bought Bosch ones from Halfords and they have the sail. It certainly helps on my 987.2 at spoiler raised speeds

56 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

I bought Bosch ones from Halfords and they have the sail. It certainly helps on my 987.2 at spoiler raised speeds

Gotta love a rainy track day.....

On 7/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, Darkstar said:

QhjbIeZ.jpg

That is right up there with "My holiday home" ;)

I fitted flat blades a little wile ago which have an aero profile rather than added spoilers, wiper lift seems less of an issue than with traditional blades.

On 7/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, bally4563 said:

New wipers squeak any tips?

A very fine sand/emery paper gently across the edge of the wiper can work wonders. Be very gentle though.

Archived