One Touch Unit

Terryg

That's disabled on safety grounds.  When you're stationary, someone could put their fingers where they can be trapped - such as between clam shell and rear wing.

5 minutes ago, Araf said:

That's disabled on safety grounds.  When you're stationary, someone could put their fingers where they can be trapped - such as between clam shell and rear wing.

Yes I realise that. Porsche have to be aware of the litigious public. But I promise that if I mod mine I will not sue myself 😁

31 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Yes I realise that. Porsche have to be aware of the litigious public. But I promise that if I mod mine I will not sue myself 😁

I'm sure Porsche are not worried about you.  It's the child belonging to your friends, round the back of the car while you're demonstrating your smart roof hack.  

We've all regretted lapses of concentration.

3 hours ago, Mr96er said:

Yup, 

I still have the kids to prove it😬

That reminds me of the Billy Connolly sketch about celibate priests not knowing what they are talking about when recommending the 'withdrawal method' which went something like: -
"And at that point, withdraw.  Withdraw?  Wild horses couldn't drag me out at that point and they reckon I should withdraw?" :)

13 hours ago, Araf said:

I'm sure Porsche are not worried about you.  It's the child belonging to your friends, round the back of the car while you're demonstrating your smart roof hack.  

We've all regretted lapses of concentration.

11 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Ah you don't live in liverpool lol travelling at 30mph is no guarantee either !

You think the kids are trying to nick your clamshell while you're stuck in traffic?

It's a wild world out there.

• 2 weeks later...

So. I took out the relay and bent back pin18. As per online instructions. 

Now randomly the windows both go up at the same time. How annoying. 

Straightened pin back and it still does it.any ideas? Or is it a new relay. 

Unfortunately looks like roof latch mishap also happens on the 987. Whoever can design a module to stop the operation before anything breaks is onto a winner.

11 hours ago, Mr96er said:

I always thought this one was the more thorough guide, the pelican one doesn't really give much guidance 

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/59535-model-year-2000-2004-convertible-top-relay-mod.html

plus i'm not sure that bending another pin is going to help when he's reverted back to standard pin layout and his windows are still misbehaving. 

On 8/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, Bez9794 said:

So. I took out the relay and bent back pin18. As per online instructions. 

Now randomly the windows both go up at the same time. How annoying. 

Straightened pin back and it still does it.any ideas? Or is it a new relay. 

Why not try swapping with a friend’s relay and seeing if it’s that or something else. 

On the 986 bending pin 18 deletes the speedo feed, bending pin 15 deletes the handbrake feed once earthed by attaching a wire from the bent pin 15 to earth or doing it internally (see below link). All this means the roof can be opened at ANY speed so be very careful, iirc you shouldn't do it above about 15mph or else it may inadvertently become a massive static air brake!

http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/48096-automatic-roof-one-touch-mods.html

Archived