What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

3 hours ago, JonSta said:

Are eporsche supplying them or did you just go there to get it fitted?

supplied by Gert and shipped directly to ePorsche. Once fitted, I took the original exhaust home (in second car), and ship it back on Monday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minimoog said:

Really want to do this on mine. Interested in knowing the total costs if you're able to share that. 

for the gen2 - GT exhaust cost me 1039 Euros (inc additional clamps and bolts supplied by Carnewal) 

500 euros will be refunded once my exhaust goes back and is inspected. 

ePorsche charged me 2 hours labour at £75/h +vat

total cost is somewhere around £750

smiles on my face = £priceless 

It's how a Boxster should sound! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Leave it take the positive position as in so much better, if you are handy with the DA touch the scratches in flat back with some 1500 grit and polish up

Not sure I’m handy! Been trying to polish out scratches w 2500 grit, can only get limited improvement before I bottle it! Stone chip technique definitely needs work 🙁

12 hours ago, Pinewood said:

for the gen2 - GT exhaust cost me 1039 Euros (inc additional clamps and bolts supplied by Carnewal) 

I'm interested in his exhaust modification too. 

I was also looking at other options, such as the Cayman R exhaust, which is a larger diameter pipe, with his modification carried out. But does the Cayman R use the same cats/manifold as the Boxster? 

I'm thinking I'll fit sports cats. Not sure whether to go with Top Gear at £1,300, or Carnewal at €1,095. If I went with the Top Gear option, I feel like they're better manifolds, and I could sell my standard ones to recoup some of the cost back. 

15 hours ago, Pinewood said:

Good info, thanks!

Replaced front control arms (Tuning Forks) with Meyle replacements, will have to wait till tomorrow to see if has cured the front end rattle over rough surfaces. Think so as the old ones had loads of movement compared with new ones. Was a bit surprised they were so bad after only 33k miles. Also swapped out spark plugs as been a while since changed, good job as they were very tight to get out old ones so much longer and could have been an issue.

Edited by Msportmad

Been out for a blast in the York’s Dales with some like minded individuals, short of shyatee weather in places and copious amounts of Covid campers pupating after been locked down it was a hoot!!

Question do camper van rear mirrors  really work or they just for vanity?

15 hours ago, djy said:

I'm interested in his exhaust modification too. 

I was also looking at other options, such as the Cayman R exhaust, which is a larger diameter pipe, with his modification carried out. But does the Cayman R use the same cats/manifold as the Boxster? 

I'm thinking I'll fit sports cats. Not sure whether to go with Top Gear at £1,300, or Carnewal at €1,095. If I went with the Top Gear option, I feel like they're better manifolds, and I could sell my standard ones to recoup some of the cost back. 

I've just don't the CarnewalGT exhaust upgrade and  I'm now contemplating doing this but I don't know whether to get the Carnewal ones or something like Topgear?

The below is from Gert for anyone interested:

"The P81007 “200 Cell Cat Upgrade” is a pair of original manifolds of which the original elements are removed and are replaced with HJS 200 cell sport cats, the HD version which is especially developed for Porsche DFI and high performance engines.  This upgrade gives 12 HP extra and an increase of the sound with 25 to 30% while the type of sound remains the same"

On 9/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, Menoporsche said:

Deano, those look interesting.  As my car is orange, I'm more interested in the opposite of Chris, I'd like less red rather than more. My car has black bits but I've seen the smoked ones and they look too much like big lumps of black, so still not happy. I think you've got it right, these would look best on a silver car.  Where from?

fk-automotive.de, they sell on Ebay but have a web shop as well. I ordered from the web shop as they were slightly cheaper than Ebay.

They have a selection of the same lights but with subtle colour differences, i.e chrome border, smoked etc. These also have dynamic indicators that you can turn off via a switch on the rear of the unit and they will then perform as standard.

They are LHD, so fog light is on the wrong side, but i will just pop the original ones back in for the MOT.

Ordered on the Monday arrived on Thursday via DHL.

13 minutes ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Also washed the seatbelts with hot water and car shampoo -left to dry- hope they will retract more smoothly. 

Try pulling them out fully and spraying the last foot or more with silicone. I had a problem with the centre belt in my Skoda leading to MOT failure and that fixed it. 

35 minutes ago, mark-yorkshire said:

Rubbed down small areas of rust in the usual spot behind each front wheel arch and treated with Hammerite Kurust. Will paint tomorrow. 

Great minds...

Just finished doing this but the lower arches look like they’ve been shot blasted. Not sure there’s anything to do about it short of respraying.

Thinking helicopter tape for future protection? 

57 minutes ago, nixster said:

Great minds...

Just finished doing this but the lower arches look like they’ve been shot blasted. Not sure there’s anything to do about it short of respraying.

Thinking helicopter tape for future protection? 

I used Isopon Stone Chip Protector between primer and base coat.