What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 10/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, penrhos said:

Seemingly common problem of soft top overlapping trim and thereby not sitting correctly. Seen previous posts on here and looked at YouTube stuff. First look inside hood indicates old elastic is in tatters so will need to remove torx screws and start from scratch. Into lockdown here in Wales from Friday so no excuse not to get it done, weather permitting.

Beautiful weather for a couple of days and got this job finished today - didn't need to remove screws as there was just enough old stuff left to which I could attach new elastic. Roof now sits perfectly but outside trim has been marked during the time the roof sat on the outside. Can anyone recommend the best product to refurb the trim please?

12 minutes ago, penrhos said:

Beautiful weather for a couple of days and got this job finished today - didn't need to remove screws as there was just enough old stuff left to which I could attach new elastic. 

I bought the elastic to do this not long after I acquired the car about a year ago... Still not got round to sorting it out... :cry:

New front springs put on last week and 4 wheel alignment. Today oil and filter change, wheels off cleaned and polished. Car washed and C2 v3 liquid coat. Now in garage, C-Tek plugged in and covered until March. I'll clean and condition seats soon, no hurry as they were done about 6 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Can't tell you!!!! I normally do them maybe twice a year, last time was a clean up after my grandson spilt some coke on the passenger seat. I would normally condition them before putting off the road as garage can be dry and wouldn't want to risk any drying out. There is a dehumidifier in the car as well while in garage.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, CAZ said:

I asked Lee from Cotswold Porsche if I needed to change the gearbox oil on my 987 the other day and he said needs to be done after 10 years - so you should be ok for a while 😊

Is it just the one oil? Eg no diffs etc... I’m from the world of 4 motion golfs where multiple oils need changing ...

21 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

Is it just the one oil? Eg no diffs etc... I’m from the world of 4 motion golfs where multiple oils need changing ...

As far as I’m aware - I had it done last month as my car turns 13 this month and would have been due a minor service - but as I have my oil changed annually in April when I get her MOT done and any other bits and pieces that puts me up to date for a minor - think it cost about £60 - also had a great cooked breakfast over the road at the Chow Shed and a good run up the Fosse Way to get to Lee’s.

16 minutes ago, CAZ said:

As far as I’m aware - I had it done last month as my car turns 13 this month and would have been due a minor service - but as I have my oil changed annually in April when I get her MOT done and any other bits and pieces that puts me up to date for a minor - think it cost about £60 - also had a great cooked breakfast over the road at the Chow Shed and a good run up the Fosse Way to get to Lee’s.

The cooked brekkie sold it to me on its own 👍

57 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

Deffo recommend Gearbox oil change did mine the other week with some Millers TRX , much smoother!

2 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

It’s now on my list for the new year 👍

Make sure you can undo the fill plug first, and you will have to remove the Ali tray from underneath to access the drain, which can be a bit of a pig to get back in, I find jacking up in different places moves things around a little to align it all up

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Make sure you can undo the fill plug first, and you will have to remove the Ali tray from underneath to access the drain, which can be a bit of a pig to get back in, I find jacking up in different places moves things around a little to align it all up

If honest it’s going into the local Porsche Indie in Jan so will be added to the list. Too much hassle and no equipment to work on cars these days...👍

Got my car back from having this wallet worrying message (mine is a PDK).

In case anyone else ever gets this...MAF kept throwing P1096 and car would stick itself into "limp home mode"

AOS was diagnosed as an issue due to increased crankcase pressure and the theory being that dirty unmetered air was upsetting the MAF air kg/h reading. The DME then declared a wobbly and threw the behaviour/message below.

Early days but so far so good.

IMG_4335

7 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Had a good deal on ebay

Pair of Meyle drop links heavy duty , brand new delivered £36,   Been looking and some places are asking that just for one!!

Do you know why they’re saying not suitable for my 987 2.7? Are the links on the s dif? Thanks in advance...

Had a decent topless drive back from my Dad's this afternoon.  I had a meeting over there with a Macmillan Nurse discussing the way forward after his recent hospital visit where they found he's got lung cancer, so I needed to clear my head, and a drive with the roof down certainly did the trick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Do you know why they’re saying not suitable for my 987 2.7? Are the links on the s dif? Thanks in advance...

I was not aware of any difference, so long as the length is the same, which I’m sure they are.

38 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Had a decent topless drive back from my Dad's this afternoon.  I had a meeting over there with a Macmillan Nurse discussing the way forward after his recent hospital visit where they found he's got lung cancer, so I needed to clear my head, and a drive with the roof down certainly did the trick.

Sorry to hear and yes these cars are a tonic for the mind with the roof down , especially on a decent day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

I bought  a pair of Meyle drop links for my 2.7 for £30 approx 18 months ago. Seller was johnyboy-1 Last time I looked he was still selling for a slightly higher price.

Edit: just had a quick look and it seems to me that the £36 ones should fit the 2.7.

Edited by red rocket

30 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I was not aware of any difference, so long as the length is the same, which I’m sure they are.

Thanks.Just noticed they are in Maidstone so Ten minutes down the road and they have a shop.👍