What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

1 hour ago, kdh said:

A bit of a pain to fit, but that may have been due to the brass monkeys outside. I went for the orange film rather than yellow, as I've had that before and it's a bit wishy-washy. Here you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09ZK4SBNF?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

thanks - daft question, but assuming these are MOT legal?

So far, after 3 weeks of ownership I've driven it, cleaned the drains and ordred the mesh covers to stop the silt going down the drains and blocking them hoovered out the battery compartment, I've sorted the roof elastic out on both sides, ordered the Zunsport front centre grille to go with the 2 small front grilles already fitted, I've got the side vent grilles to fit (came with the car) oh and I've driven it every day on my days off between shifts, love the sound of the sports exhaust. Over the winter, the handbrake needs adjusted or maybe needs new cables, might look at replacing the shockers and going back to how it should be, it's a bit low at the front end, new plugs and coil packs (according to service book they are coming up to 6 years old) need to replace the bulbs in the day running lights one is an led bulb the other a standard bulb. Not adding any value just giving the car some TLC. 

I would not bother with the Zunsport centre grill, it is a PITA to fit and there is nothing behind where it goes to protect from leaves.

Today I realised just how good the Bi Xenon PDLS are... now its proper winter, they really are so much better than the normal bulb ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

I would not bother with the Zunsport centre grill, it is a PITA to fit and there is nothing behind where it goes to protect from leaves.

Today I realised just how good the Bi Xenon PDLS are... now its proper winter, they really are so much better than the normal bulb ones

It just looks like there should be something in the centre. 

1 hour ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

So far, after 3 weeks of ownership I've driven it, cleaned the drains and ordred the mesh covers to stop the silt going down the drains and blocking them hoovered out the battery compartment, I've sorted the roof elastic out on both sides, ordered the Zunsport front centre grille to go with the 2 small front grilles already fitted, I've got the side vent grilles to fit (came with the car) oh and I've driven it every day on my days off between shifts, love the sound of the sports exhaust. Over the winter, the handbrake needs adjusted or maybe needs new cables, might look at replacing the shockers and going back to how it should be, it's a bit low at the front end, new plugs and coil packs (according to service book they are coming up to 6 years old) need to replace the bulbs in the day running lights one is an led bulb the other a standard bulb. Not adding any value just giving the car some TLC. 

Suggest also check the battery health and if the car isn’t being used much over winter and you have access to power get it stuck on a battery maintainer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Yes once you have those it’s hard to go back, although I did on car number 2 and missed them terribly.

26 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Cracked springs are known, but usually one at a time so it would be slightly lopsided. Might be worth a look. 

I'm almost certain it's been lowered, going to get my mechanic to have look. Either way it's going to get sorted. Granted suspension is hard, but with the lowered springs you can feel every small lump and bump. 

Fitted my Sprint Booster this morning after a good deal on eBay. Only driven it a few miles today but throttle is deffo more responsive esp in the lower RPM range where it was lacking/ lagging before. I have an Auto so deffo helps responsiveness. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I'm almost certain it's been lowered, going to get my mechanic to have look. Either way it's going to get sorted. Granted suspension is hard, but with the lowered springs you can feel every small lump and bump. 

When I got mine the previous owner had just had the front springs replaced and looked low, turned out the garage had fitted the wrong springs so I ended up changing nearly new springs.  It was annoying but transformed my driving experience as I was having to do about 2mph over speed bumps and felt like I was hitting the ground on fast A and B roads every time I went over a hill or bump.

5 hours ago, 944GS said:

When I got mine the previous owner had just had the front springs replaced and looked low, turned out the garage had fitted the wrong springs so I ended up changing nearly new springs.  It was annoying but transformed my driving experience as I was having to do about 2mph over speed bumps and felt like I was hitting the ground on fast A and B roads every time I went over a hill or bump.

Thats exactly what mine is like, so could be the same issue. Will get it checked out 👍

On 11/29/2023 at 6:10 PM, Porschevirgin1968 said:

ordered the Zunsport front centre grille to go with the 2 small front grilles already fitted

If it is on back order, I have one for a 987 I can stick in the post for you if you have the option of cancelling. It has never been used

17 hours ago, TV8 said:

If it is on back order, I have one for a 987 I can stick in the post for you if you have the option of cancelling. It has never been used

Hi 

Sorry to hijack but if he doesnt want it what sort of money are you after, my car is a PDK so has a rad behind the centre grille so really need something

7 hours ago, Geordie40 said:

Hi 

Sorry to hijack but if he doesnt want it what sort of money are you after, my car is a PDK so has a rad behind the centre grille so really need something

Not looking for any money. If you want it and @Porschevirgin1968 who I offered it to first of all doesn’t want it, pm me your address and I will put it in the post for you when he confirms he doesn’t need it. If you end up with it, we used to be involved in this charity and they always need money but absolutely no pressure or need to do anything. https://www.pwpg.org.uk 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 10:53 PM, TV8 said:

Not looking for any money. If you want it and @Porschevirgin1968 who I offered it to first of all doesn’t want it, pm me your address and I will put it in the post for you when he confirms he doesn’t need it. If you end up with it, we used to be involved in this charity and they always need money but absolutely no pressure or need to do anything. https://www.pwpg.org.uk 

TV8 thanks for the offer, i got one for a nearly as good a price as you are offering, lol, so Geordie 40 can have it if he still wants it. 👍

4 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

TV8 thanks for the offer, i got one for a nearly as good a price as you are offering, lol, so Geordie 40 can have it if he still wants it. 👍

That's handy as its in the post already :)

• Haha 1

A headlamp bulb blew so replaced both with Osram Night Breakers (excellent name) - look a little brighter, I think...

Also replaced the driver side window switches - the switch for the driver window was a bit hit and miss...

4 hours ago, BBB said:

In the rare sunny gap between storm “Whatever its called this time”, I finally managed to get the hard top on for winter.

It’s gone on much later than ever this year. Must be global warming @TV8 

Mine went on in mid October. It'll stay on until March.

• Like 1