What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

16 hours ago, steve7 said:

Its an OPC some 200 miles away and one of the may things not done properly when I bought the car from them....I'm pretty much there now however hopefully this is the last thing and I can then never have to deal with them again!

In my experience with an OPC and a problem, ask for the dealer principal and speak to him/her/she/it/them/they or whatever and don't let go until you have a suitable response as they don't like bad press!

21 hours ago, Patt said:

Unless it's Bournemouth - he downgrades issues escalated to him from Reading HQ !

I presume this relates to the previous dealer principle, when you bought your car?

The current one in their new facility I find very approachable and proactive.

Edited by JurassicGTS

On 8/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, moospeed said:

It’s Lavenham, had to look it up (GPS on the photo).

I trekked up from Kent to a classic and sports car event at RAF Bentw*ter and then took an indirect route back and forth across bits of Suffolk on the return leg. Another 400 miles of devaluation - a good Saturday’s work :)

Lovely part of the world, used to live 2 miles from there. Great driving, great pubs and one of the driest parts of the UK....oops not appropriate this summer😎😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

I presume this relates to the previous dealer principle, when you bought your car?

The current one in their new facility I find very approachable and proactive.

Indeed, I've never been treated so badly as a customer by all departments.  I'm also not the only one on here that has experience less than satisfactory service from them when buying vehicles. 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, JurassicGTS said:

Interesting, I didn't think Michelin Pilot 4S tyres were N0 or N1 rated in the 981 sizes?

Released for 718, had some N0 PS4S fitted a few months ago and as fantastic on the 981 as they were on my 987 & TTRS.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

Great, next tyre change Michelins👍

They are up to their usual high performance on my Cayman GTS I might add.

My sons had some new Michelins fitted to his X3. They weren't PS4 S's but even so, he said they are so much quieter than his old Bridgestones.

Well off and on this week I have been test fitting and painting my new front splitter.

52256830600_288d25a529_b.jpg

This was after the test fit, it was originally supplied in semi gloss black which didn’t look great. Although I think you could get away with satin black finish but I wanted it in body colour.

52267059928_2362aed06f_b.jpg

I think it looks great and really beefs up the factory bumper 😎

52267531835_15e43219fb_b.jpg

I will put the details of the painting and fitting in my members thread 👍

• Like 4

Went out for a spirited drive. Roof down, Sport Plus and using the lever to shift.  Spotify providing a crappy/awesome soundtrack alongside PSE, this afternoon made for a good reminder of how good these cars are. I can't see me ever wanting to change

• Like 3

On 8/1/2022 at 6:35 PM, steve7 said:

Thanks for everyone's input, I have asked them for a solution that will not involve me travelling and I'll be naming and shaming if they fail in this last step :)

Ironically their responsiveness has been really good with me however execution rather less so :(

Did they sort it out for you ? 

Yes thanks all sorted although the service reset was entirely my fault! The car has just clicked over 35k and the major service said due IN not AT 35,700 miles 😂

Very confusing and the service mgr called me to explain.

still annoying they missed the MOT entirely but does now mean my car has been serviced rather more then normal 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, steve7 said:

Yes thanks all sorted although the service reset was entirely my fault! The car has just clicked over 35k and the major service said due IN not AT 35,700 miles 😂

Very confusing and the service mgr called me to explain.

still annoying they missed the MOT entirely but does now mean my car has been serviced rather more then normal 👍

Glad it's sorted.

Got up "early" and had a 4 wheel alignment at Ninemeister yesterday. 

Rear felt like the rear was out especially turning left, it was actually the front, however they also tweaked the rear with a bit more camber too.

Took them two hours and was charged £120+VAT so quite reasonable.  

Facilities were good, large and very clean and the technician came out to discuss whish I really prefer, especially for such things.

Not had a good thrash yet,  however feels much more stable on the few corners/roundabouts I've encountered. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:35 PM, steve7 said:

Thanks for everyone's input, I have asked them for a solution that will not involve me travelling and I'll be naming and shaming if they fail in this last step :)

22 hours ago, steve7 said:

This is not the naming and shaming you were looking for :D 

12 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

This is not the naming and shaming you were looking for :D 

But better not to need to name and shame, surely?