What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Got home from a countryside run yesterday to hear an extra noise I didn’t need. Only happened when the engine was on but not linked to revs which was a sigh of relief.

Prised off the intake shroud and with a torch I spotted this.

565-D07-FA-B77-D-45-F3-956-A-212838-D3-C

5 mins later leaf retrieved, noise gone.

6-C0-E7589-02-A4-424-F-835-F-46-E1-F0004

Typically there was mild panic as I had a leaf and also now a bit of sticky tape joining it on the fan 🫣

Luckily managed to convince it to stick back on my stick again 🙂👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, moospeed said:

Got home from a countryside run yesterday to hear an extra noise I didn’t need. Only happened when the engine was on but not linked to revs which was a sigh of relief.

Prised off the intake shroud and with a torch I spotted this.

565-D07-FA-B77-D-45-F3-956-A-212838-D3-C

5 mins later leaf retrieved, noise gone.

6-C0-E7589-02-A4-424-F-835-F-46-E1-F0004

Typically there was mild panic as I had a leaf and also now a bit of sticky tape joining it on the fan 🫣

Luckily managed to convince it to stick back on my stick again 🙂👍

I've had this problem a couple of times - recommend side intake grills - Zunsport or grills from Radiatorgrillstore as recommended by @Lonewolfgjp which i used but are expensive !

On 9/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, daz05 said:

The irony is for the moment at least I have no nav because I'm waiting for an adapter fakra connector and no Carplay/Android auto because that loom hasn't arrived but I've done it. 💪

SO you have fitted a box and a microphone, the rest hasn't even been delivered, and it does nothing but light up the power LED ?

I hope this isn't Isudar under a new name !

35 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

I've had this problem a couple of times - recommend side intake grills - Zunsport or grills from Radiatorgrillstore as recommended by @Lonewolfgjp which i used but are expensive !

Yeah, now I’ve seen how easy it is to get the shroud off I might make something. I must say I prefer it without though. Seems that fan doesn’t feed onto a rad so not as important as the front ones.

In fact, I think it was you that complimented my home made ones in Wales 😀👍

Just now, ATM said:

It must be a good mower.  Looks amazing in that pic right?

Star of the show, but  what's that grey and reddish brown smudge to the left side of it?

• Haha 1