What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

11 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

Argh no..not yet 😔

What's going on! It'll be worth the wait though (hopefully)

7 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

What's going on! It'll be worth the wait though (hopefully)

been out today to celebrate the eldest's exam grades, chased the exhaust progress late this afternoon and they say its on and working but they had to replace one of the vacuum lines....ready to be picked up but everyone bar me has had alcohol at lunchtime (at the meal out) so no-one could take me over there to pick it up....and tomorrow I have a full day of work so eldest and Mrs B will be picking it up between them tomorrow a.m. with luck :bana:

Si, remind me did you have PSE before? and swapped it for Topgear?

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

How did she do Stuart? Got what she wanted?

yes mate.....this will make you laugh though....good grades in criminology, enterprise and journalism......

starting a floristry course in September 🤣

I remember when I was that age (just) not knowing what direction to take too :) 

lol. What are those subjects, a levels?? Don’t recognize the names. Guess that’s my age!  Mine does IB next summer. 

Criminology and florists. She could meet Hightower from Police Academy :) 

Well yesterday actually....collected my car from the OPC with a new rear control arm, 4-wheel alignment done and nicely valeted. And an invoice for £0.00. All done under Porsche Approved Warranty. Surprising how much better it feels without that annoying rattle. Interesting to see the before and after alignment results which showed that the defective control arm put the geo for that wheel out of the green zone into the amber too.  

17 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

been out today to celebrate the eldest's exam grades, chased the exhaust progress late this afternoon and they say its on and working but they had to replace one of the vacuum lines....ready to be picked up but everyone bar me has had alcohol at lunchtime (at the meal out) so no-one could take me over there to pick it up....and tomorrow I have a full day of work so eldest and Mrs B will be picking it up between them tomorrow a.m. with luck :bana:

Si, remind me did you have PSE before? and swapped it for Topgear?

Yep , mine was original Porsche PSE -  straight swap ,didn't have to use any of the lines etc supplied with it and when I got the phone call to say it was ready followed by - "its loud" 😆 

Received a quote today from OPC for the 8 year service on my BGTS which has FPSH and I plan to maintain this. 

Service includes brake fluid change, spark plugs, drive belt check and engine mount check and was £955 inc VAT. I don’t think it’s too bad but would welcome thoughts. 

18 minutes ago, Graham BGTS said:

Received a quote today from OPC for the 8 year service on my BGTS which has FPSH and I plan to maintain this. 

Service includes brake fluid change, spark plugs, drive belt check and engine mount check and was £955 inc VAT. I don’t think it’s too bad but would welcome thoughts. 

Not too bad if you get the use of a nice loan car too 👍🏻

55 minutes ago, Graham BGTS said:

How are they going to check the engine (I presume PADM) mounts? I beleve any faults are internal wiring inside the sealed units.

A small job on my Cayman. removed the two small external screws under the rear spoiler which were just beginning to look a bit weathered. Wire brushed them and sprayed satin black

Newness restored... Bit sad of me I know,

Edited by andygo

4 minutes ago, andygo said:

How are they going to check the engine (I presume PADM) mounts? I beleve any faults are internal wiring inside the sealed units.

On (one of) the dedicated threads I suggested testing for electrical resistance. Don’t know if it would work.