What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 9/2/2023 at 10:55 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

Just sold? What was it? Mine hasn’t sold and it’s probably not going to sell at the moment. I’ll enjoy it for the next couple of mths before winter then hibernate it until the spring. During the winter I’m planning on putting her back to standard. Then sell as a standard car. 

Not sold.  Odometer just turned over 26k miles..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Patt said:

next 2nd hand car I buy - I'm going to insist I wash it first 😆

Yeah, it's a good plan.  Need to drive it for at least 100 miles and wash it.

I was going to say, considering it cost more than my first house.  But the reality is most people usually buy houses after two 20 min visits.  Less than the time you'd spend on a car inspection.

The gutting thing in washing it on Sunday is that I'm an idiot.  I was prepping for the Brands Hatch Porsche thing next weekend, I only live about half hour away so this was a definite maybe.  However the event was yesterday, i.e. whilst I was washing the car - calendar + senile fail.  Only realised when I saw the BoXa "report" on the event dammit 🥺

1 hour ago, moospeed said:

I was going to say, considering it cost more than my first house.  But the reality is most people usually buy houses after two 20 min visits.  Less than the time you'd spend on a car inspection.

The gutting thing in washing it on Sunday is that I'm an idiot.  I was prepping for the Brands Hatch Porsche thing next weekend, I only live about half hour away so this was a definite maybe.  However the event was yesterday, i.e. whilst I was washing the car - calendar + senile fail.  Only realised when I saw the BoXa "report" on the event dammit 🥺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moospeed said:

I'll be there at Brands this weekend parked in the supercar paddock as my son is racing his Mclaren in British GT. ( I realise i'm stretching it a bit with a 2016 CGTS/supercar, but it means I don't have to walk far to get to the action.  :)

Took my car to Dovehouse Motors for a major service today. As usual, they seem to have done an excellent job, and the  car is running beautifully. Only addition to the standard items was spark plugs, which he suggested needed changing next time, but I told him to fit them now. Advisories were: slight coolant leak from filler neck, O/S air con condenser damp. corrosion on exhaust flange fixings, and front brake discs require changing at next pad change.

They know I've increased the servicing to yearly instead of every 2 years since I bought the car, and he suggested 2 minors then a major, which is what I've had done so far. I'm currently doing approx 10,000 miles a year. Today's service was £708.00, and the previous minors were around half that (last year's was £378.00). Considering how reasonable my tax and insurance is, I think it's actually quite an affordable car to run 👍

☺️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Well done you, not just polishing it then!

Nope, the Cayman gets used as often as possible 👍

Here's a gratuitous pic taken a couple of days ago after a quick wash:

20230903_100419

You're welcome mate ☺️

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 5:11 PM, moospeed said:

GT racing this weekend - I'm prob going as in Kent for the weekend anyway.

26 minutes ago, Graham BGTS said:

8 year service inc spark plugs, brake fluid, drive belt check and engine mount check is £955 inc vat. 

Thanks, I have that service coming up next year so I'm keeping a note of prices. It's sprk plugs that I think is a rip off, I changed mine for the correct spec in my previous 981 . Cost of plugs was £24.00, Time to change - 45 mins, and that was working out how to do it!

12 minutes ago, andygo said:

Thanks, I have that service coming up next year so I'm keeping a note of prices. It's sprk plugs that I think is a rip off, I changed mine for the correct spec in my previous 981 . Cost of plugs was £24.00, Time to change - 45 mins, and that was working out how to do it!

Plugs were £34, not £24.

Yesterday I had an impromptu unofficial convoy (he wasn't aware we were in convoy!) for about 40 miles going north on the M1 with Mat Armstrong today in his RS6

The guy has impeccable road manners, bit of a blatt now and again, fast but sensible driving and correct use of lanes

6vrnMws.jpg

5trVpcS.jpg

YT channel is good for anyone interested in wrecked cars becoming repaired ones

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ATM said:

Can any AC type place do this job?

Not had any working AC in my 981 for some time.

Yes... remember the common problem on all Boxster is the position of the condensers in the front corners attracting road crud and causing damage or corrosion.  Also simple enough to deal with not requiring much in the way of Porsche specifics skills and knowledge.

4 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Yes... remember the common problem on all Boxster is the position of the condensers in the front corners attracting road crud and causing damage or corrosion.  Also simple enough to deal with not requiring much in the way of Porsche specifics skills and knowledge.

Thanks

My mate had some AC guy come to his house recommended on the internet but this was in the Midlands.  So not sure who to use myself.  As I'm lazy I could have a few cars looked at if I can find someone good to come to Me.