What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Haven't done it yet, and it may be too late for a forum intervention by the time someone replies, but...

Thinking of taking mine to the local car wash mafia, as it's cold, I'm too lazy to do it myself, and someone cut their grass with a strimmer leaving it mostly sapphire blue but covered in bits of green gunk.

To be fair, the local guys are pretty careful and do a good job for a tenner.

41 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Haven't done it yet, and it may be too late for a forum intervention by the time someone replies, but...

Thinking of taking mine to the local car wash mafia, as it's cold, I'm too lazy to do it myself, and someone cut their grass with a strimmer leaving it mostly sapphire blue but covered in bits of green gunk.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tuio7xgq3vvae3awvxgiphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472rc0nfyvn5tg4oklo7

Edited by moonshine

3 hours ago, cozzykim said:

just don't come crying when they cover all the scratches they put on it with silicone spray....  :P

Edited by Mattman42

Changed my oil. I changed it at 30,000, 5,000 miles after I bought the car, (2016 CGTS) even though it had had an OPC service proir to sale. It's now done 35,183 so carried out this latestr one.

I appreciate a 5,000 milke oil change might be over enthusiastic but on the other hand, 20,000 oil changes can't be great for the engine. I'd rather err on the side of caution and have done for most of my carsover the years.

I use Motul 8100 x-cess fully synthetic which is Porsche A40 approved.

It's next OPC service - the 8 year biggie- is due in April 2024. Or it might be june 2024, not clear on my dash as it shows two dates and mileages.

Edited by andygo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Patt said:

I'm on my third set of side repeaters and I notice the O/S has heavy condensation.. F'ing poo quality control on their supply chain. Seems to me they crack trying to fit or remove.

Are you still using the original style or the 718 led type?

I changed to the original led type a couple of years ago and no issues at all 👍

My much loved CGTS is breathing a sigh of relief as winter approaches. Easier life as my wife has bought a low mileage  3 door 2019 MK7.5 Golf GTi Performance that I can use in the nasty months of dark and salt, leaving the Porker to shiver slightly awaiting the sunnier days.

It's a nice bit of kit actually, 7 speed DSG with a mechanical LSD and manages with just 245BHP.

Edited by andygo

14 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Are you still using the original style or the 718 led type?

I changed to the original led type a couple of years ago and no issues at all 👍

yep - had the LED style before I bought the car - I have a hatred of orange bulbs

Double check the twist fasteners under the skirts- they aint cheap to replace !

I lost 5 of them cost me a ton to replace.

Just a wiggle should suffice to see if you did push the skirt up enough for them to latch fully.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patt said:

Double check the twist fasteners under the skirts- they aint cheap to replace !

I lost 5 of them cost me a ton to replace.

Just a wiggle should suffice to see if you did push the skirt up enough for them to latch fully.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely do that.

Car's not going anywhere until I've done the driver's side so... 👍