Life's to short :-) for winter

Sanky

I laid up Boxster for the winter 2 months ago, yesterday I needed to go visit some sick relatives in hospital in Nuneaton.  I decided to take the Boxster even though it was raining, which I try not to do usually.

What a great drive it was, really have missed using this car.

Gear stick had gone stiff, which always seems to happen when its parked.  But it worked itself loose eventually.

Just wanted to share, life is to short for parking the car...just enjoy it and create memories. 

Yep! Mines only getting taken out on a Sunday at the moment, except when she is off to a Porsche Christmas party on Saturday night, so she will get 250 miles on her this weekend - roll on spring !

A "lovely" round trip to Bristol and back yesterday for me in the heavy rain (approx 200 miles) - Box handled it no problem, always very comfortable, even on the motorway - always impresses me how easy it is to go from 70 leptons to 90 leptons - very similar to my old BMW 645 where the increase in speed was just so easy....

46 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

A "lovely" round trip to Bristol and back yesterday for me in the heavy rain (approx 200 miles) - Box handled it no problem, always very comfortable, even on the motorway - always impresses me how easy it is to go from 70 leptons to 90 leptons - very similar to my old BMW 645 where the increase in speed was just so easy....

What impressed me was, how the rain just sheets off the windscreen.  You hardly even have to use the wipers.

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Rain x been put on it? 

Found this very effective on mine, just waiting for a dry (?) day to reapply as it is starting tog et a bit less effective with more road grime around.

The only time I prefer to keep my Boxster I the garage is when the motorways are running with water - I hate aquaplaning and my Boxster floats far too easily. If my wife needs the Golf, I prefer my BMW F800GT which cuts through the water, even if I get a bit damp.

Got mine out of the garage yesterday after two months of non use.  Was rewarded with a fault, the handbrake microswitch has packed in!

I sold my Hardtop though to a nice chap called Simon off here.  We both learnt that however big your car is, don't assume a Boxster hardtop will fit in the back.

All cars need a good drive every couple of weeks imo. Nothing worse than leaving a car standing for long periods of time. 

Mine gets a daily drive to the gym and back. It becomes that "me time" for body, mind and soul. The post workout drive is my "happy time" with the roof down (dry) 

I have great success with Auto glym windscreen polish to deep clean and then rain x application 

3 hours ago, Patt said:

Took me 5-10 mins to unfreeze my window to get in her this morning - the only real thing I hate about winter.

i have found a quick spray of deicer along the window rubber before unlocking helps the window drop.

There is a lot of flak on the various Porsche related FB groups between the garage queens and the daily's - its quite funny watching them - each to their own at the end of the day

5 hours ago, Patt said:

Took me 5-10 mins to unfreeze my window to get in her this morning - the only real thing I hate about winter.

I use a kettle (obviously not boiling!) full of warm water on all the windows and everything seems fine straight away.

This won't work for everyone, but I keep the key next to my bed and set the alarm 15 minutes early. When it goes off I nudge Lynn and tell her the car needs defrosting, turn over and snooze for 15.

Works a treat.

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

i have found a quick spray of deicer along the window rubber before unlocking helps the window drop.

That usually works, but wouldn’t budge this morning. 

Passenger side was fine though.... 

Archived