P-O-R-S-C-H-E lettering template.

Kenbo1000

The curve on the black car above looks a lot better mind as it Looks more like it does on  the later cars which have this type of badge

when it comes to cosmetic stuff however my rule is if it wasn’t an option from the factory then it’s wrong.  Each to their own of course.  Some are more wrong than others ! 

11 hours ago, Terryg said:

My gut feeling is you are in the minority there, be interesting to see if there is a response

I think the closer "wrong" spacing looks better than the original "correct" version, which to my eyes looks too far apart.  There, I said it :lol:

My Boxster badge is broken at one end, so sometime later in the year I'd like to just remove it and keep the boot lid plain.  Less is more, you crazy kids! 

8 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I think the closer "wrong" spacing looks better than the original "correct" version, which to my eyes looks too far apart.  There, I said it :lol:

My Boxster badge is broken at one end, so sometime later in the year I'd like to just remove it and keep the boot lid plain.  Less is more, you crazy kids! 

I was referring to the curve but actually on the silver car that close spacing looks cool (IMHO)

9 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Heathen 😂

13 hours ago, sa utah said:

When it comes to cosmetic stuff however my rule is if it wasn’t an option from the factory then it’s wrong.

Sa utah is another heathen! 

(However he's right - I have a thing about cars looking as they did from the factory and there aren't many exceptions that I'll permit. I've still not yet removed all of the non-factory bits from my 987.1 Cayman - only the white dial faces to go now .... ) 

4 minutes ago, sa utah said:

I’m happy to fit actual options from when the car was new but add on cosmetic bits and incorrect wheels aren’t my thing.  The upgraded head unit is my only concession to non factory equipment 

It's a car and IMO should be to an individuals spec - if you only ever stick to available factory options life gets boring  - that said I love a factory correct spec car as much as I love one that has an individuals touch all over it and to me that's what makes car groups so interesting -  we all may own the same model but each is different :-)

17 hours ago, sa utah said:

it definitely should be straight as far as I’m concerned.  Following  the line of the boot trailing edge looks all kind of weird to me 

Having read other people's threads I tried both straight and curved, and with various spacings. There's a bunch of posts, photos and comments somewhere about it. In the end i agreed with the majority view that curved looked better, and i still think so. Interestingly, if you crouch down so it's at eye level it actually appears straight! Thanks to Al @Bluepork03 for that observation.

16 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Got to be curved, following the boot lid line^_^.  I used the lollipop stick method to space the letters and get the same distance up from the bootlid. Even spelt it right too:lol:.

Pretty sure yours was one of the threads i read before i did mine. 

I started out thinking I would keep it pretty much stock but standard wheels are horrible so they went,. speakers are awful so they went, gearshift is fit for a lorry so that went, steering wheel is too big so that went, exhaust is too quiet so that went, centre console is stupid and restricts legroom so that went, headers are too restrictive so they went, intake system also too restrictive so that is going, orange on the headlights is hideous so they went.

So IMHO if you want the 986 to be the car it should be, modify, if you want a museum piece to just look at and pootle around, keep it stock. Having said that I do like a nice unmodified car, but as someone who drives them, I wouldn't want to own one.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Terryg said:

I started out thinking I would keep it pretty much stock but standard wheels are horrible so they went,. speakers are awful so they went, gearshift is fit for a lorry so that went, steering wheel is too big so that went, exhaust is too quiet so that went, centre console is stupid and restricts legroom so that went, headers are too restrictive so they went, intake system also too restrictive so that is going, orange on the headlights is hideous so they went.

So IMHO if you want the 986 to be the car it should be, modify, if you want a museum piece to just look at and pootle around, keep it stock. Having said that I do like a nice unmodified car, but as someone who drives them, I wouldn't want to own one.

+1

Archived