Looking for a 987

Katherine

well done looks like a good buy,very young to be bitten by the Boxster bug, would love my wee one to get into a boxster but fearing the insurance would cripple her at only 22 all being she has 5 years no claims bonus.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Topbox said:

Welcome,  congratulations on purchase, enjoy.  Can be fun to get to meet other owners and @CAZ and friends are regulars so you wont be the only woman 👍 A trip to europe in the Boxster is a must IMHO. A treat to look forward to once  Covid19 is cracked

+1 for doing a trip to Europe in a boxster.

4 hours ago, 89rallye said:

well done looks like a good buy,very young to be bitten by the Boxster bug, would love my wee one to get into a boxster but fearing the insurance would cripple her at only 22 all being she has 5 years no claims bonus.

Kathrine is only a year older. She is lucky enough to have a trained mechanic as a brother.

12 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

What colour is that?

You wanted a nice colour, I was hoping you'd go for the Cobalt one on offer here now.

Looks like the same colour as mine (but with nicer wheels - Gutted! :lol:).  I don't know how to tell what the colour is, so if anyone on here can let us know, that might be useful.

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

What colour is that?

Looks like it might be Midnight Blue if that was offered on the 987. But could also be Lapis. Definitely too Blue to be Atlas Grey.

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

don't know how to tell what the colour is, so if anyone on here can let us know, that might be useful.

If you haven't got any paperwork showing the option codes you're screwed. :laugh: It used to be possible to get a Certificate of Production from PCGB  for free but they've done away with that. I did read somewhere that there's a label showing the option codes in the frunk or boot, but you have to remove the carpet to find it. Never seen that mentioned on here though.

One of the members representing an indy on here can get the build sheet for cars.  He did my previous 987.2 for me.  

if he’s still offering I am sure he will be along in a little while.  

Oh and by the way @Katherine   Welcome. Great car and absolutely chase your dreams.   Have fun and hang around here.

we may all be predominately older and blokes but we are “alright” as a group goes.  

10 minutes ago, Paul P said:

One of the members representing an indy on here can get the build sheet for cars.  He did my previous 987.2 for me.  

I think any OPC, and presumably others with certain access (indies or individuals), can print it if you give them the VIN. 

17 minutes ago, Paul P said:

:o Who was that?

Wotscha VIN?

Katherine has the full history at her place. I only have the car as it had a slightly leaking tyre valve which is now sorted. No doubt I will wash it tomorrow morning for her, what are fathers for! 

1 hour ago, Tubzilla said:

Welcome, I will keep an eye out for you as i am just down the road in Gomshall. 

Hi. We are in South Holmwood and have a two post lift in one of the garages if you ever need a peek underneath.

17 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Not sure I'd put the VIN up on a public forum.

Why not? You know it's viable to everyone through the windscreen?

18 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Not sure I'd put the VIN up on a public forum.

Why not? You know it's viable to everyone through the windscreen?

I'm sure he/ she would.

Katherine, you might want to start a new thread, this one is titled "looking for a 987".

(Or Araf could just change the title to "Katherine's 987" as it's in the right forum).

Hello all,

Thank you for all of your help and, although I am not a Boxster master at this point, I am looking forward to joining the future meetings and learning more.

I don't mind about the specification being shared as I am sure we will all see each other at a future meet and thank you all for your help!

Thank you dad and see you all soon!

Archived