Looking for a 987

Katherine

Hi,

My dad posted on here previously, but I thought I would get my own account- I am looking to buy a Porsche Boxster 987.

On the cosmetics side, I would ideally like something a bit unusual (I've seen beautiful ones that are blue, yellow, red etc), but I understand that most are silver or black. 

I am open to any suggestions, just a good service and MOT history and ideally not too high mileage!

Looking up to £10,000, but ideally anything less than that would be better!

If I can get one for around the £6,000 mark in good condition, that would be great! 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Bought my 987.1 3.2 S Tiptronic 14 months ago 2005 bought with 55,000 miles and a full history fully detailed in a folder with original purchase invoice.

To get this type of car it will cost more than £6,000 even in the current climate.

We have ours now registered in France where we live and love her.

Ours is a special paint order from a distance looks silver but is actually a very light blue metallic a very expensive option at purchase.

We have the full leather and Carrera wheels she is a Stunner.

Took us to Spain and Portugal last summer best road trip ever.

Good Luck.

From my experience if you want a 'good one' I'm sure you will find one for anything between 6 and 8k. 

However if you want an excellent one with low mileage and in top condition and a really good and interesting spec you will need your full budget at least imo.

My 57 plate guards red boxster has 43500 miles on it. Has full leather (dash, door cards, stereo surround) as well as sports seats, red colour coded centre console and red seat belts, bose sound system, full xenon headlights and immaculate paintwork. There is no way I would sell for less than 10k as there is nothing which will get close to it for the money.

Mileage spec and condition make the prices of these cars vary quite alot 

Get yourself a login on Autotrader, then save this search and amend to add things you like/don't like and keep an eye on what's available, within a few days you'll see ones of interest - probably best not to restrict distance, mine was 400 miles away, but had a motorbike as part-ex, plus wanted low mileage and silver.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=relevance&postcode=rg224lx&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&model=BOXSTER&aggregatedTrim=987&price-to=10000&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&keywords=heated seats &page=1

Things I wished I'd looked for - heated seats, not having had a car with them till after the Boxster, would have been good!

Good Luck :-)

7 hours ago, Katherine said:

My dad posted on here previously, but I thought I would get my own account- I am looking to buy a Porsche Boxster 987.

If you're prepared to wait, mine might be up for sale in about............ 3 or 4 years! :lol:  (sorry, that's not really helping, but welcome to the forum anyway)

20200409_170227

On 4/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, Katherine said:

Hi,

On the cosmetics side, I would ideally like something a bit unusual (I've seen beautiful ones that are blue, yellow, red etc), but I understand that most are silver or black. 

I am open to any suggestions, just a good service and MOT history and ideally not too high mileage!

Looking up to £10,000, but ideally anything less than that would be better!

I am selling mine. I'm asking £11k, but would accept £10k or there abouts. it's a fantastic example, happy to do a facetime or similar remote viewing anytime from my garage.

Hi all,

Thank you for being so welcoming and for your help.

I am exceptionally pleased to announce that I am now the proud owner of my own Porsche Boxster, purchased on Monday night - pictures to follow when it stops raining!!

Welcome Katherine 😊

There are very very few of us lady Boxster owners on here, but you will find us at the AV8 and Blackbushe meets and we are a very friendly few. Congrats on your purchase.

3 hours ago, CAZ said:

Welcome Katherine 😊

There are very very few of us lady Boxster owners on here, but you will find us at the AV8 and Blackbushe meets and we are a very fiendly few. Congrats on your purchase.

It's amazing how removing one letter tells the true story.😂

Happy bunny 2006, 54k, full Porsche Guildford service history up to last oil change. Local car, 12 miles away.

looks a beauty and well cared for.

Welcome,  congratulations on purchase, enjoy.  Can be fun to get to meet other owners and @CAZ and friends are regulars so you wont be the only woman 👍 A trip to europe in the Boxster is a must IMHO. A treat to look forward to once  Covid19 is cracked

Archived