what colour wheels?

M9G UK

Having my wheels powder coated in a couple of weeks time but cant decide if to go with the standard silver or go for the dark silver. base coated black then silver on top gives it a greyer darker silver. Quite a popular choice at the moment.

Whats think?

IMG_20200621_114100.jpg

There is (was?) a Porsche Family Green used on special builds for them. 

A quick search will show that colour (it’s a dark green) and that these cars always seemed to have silver wheels. 

Am all for tweaks and personalisation but on your car as pictured I’d go for silver for the wheels and maybe the Porsche crest on the wheel centres recoloured dark green. Will be too subtle for most to see but sometimes those changes are the sweet spot. 

48 minutes ago, EVO Chris said:

Type into Google 'Green Porsche Gold wheels' to get the idea.

I know what your saying, green and gold always looks good, I. E. Crimbo trees but I have de-ambered the car and want to get away from the old school look and bring it more up to date

Thankyou for all your comments. For those I haven't clicked like on their comments, I tried but the forum says I've used up all my likes for today, odd but OK so Thankyou anyway. 

I always thought silver but at the simply porsche event at Beaulieu at the weekend there were quite a few porsche with the darker silver and it looks nice but I think silver is the way to go

Cheers 🙂

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

It's supposed to be blue and gold ya heathen! ;)

No blue option for the UK market back in 1996 when I bought it.  BIG oversight by International Motors (Office UK Subaru Importer) IMHO, but it is the original darker green only on pre-facelift cars.  Still suited me, my contracting business back then was BRG Technical Ltd and the plate on the car P555 BRG.

MHNmGoZ.jpg?1 

BTW sub 10 mins for full lap.

Sorry :offtopic:

matt - as discussed on Sunday, black or body coloured centres with a polished lip would look awesome against the green - something like this

d4BjUqy.jpg

If you want to modernise the look, anthracite wheels look pretty good too, but you have to get the shade right, not too dark

ku5Zfku.jpg

Or gold - but with your design of wheel, i'd be tempted by the anthracite above

94EVxx3.jpg

5 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

matt - as discussed on Sunday, black or body coloured centres with a polished lip would look awesome against the green - something like this

d4BjUqy.jpg

If you want to modernise the look, anthracite wheels look pretty good too, but you have to get the shade right, not too dark

ku5Zfku.jpg

Or gold - but with your design of wheel, i'd be tempted by the anthracite above

94EVxx3.jpg

Oh blimey @Mattman42 you've thrown a spanner in the works, I like the anthracite Hmmm. Oh by the way your BoXa got alot of attention on Sunday, loads looking at your for sale sign

8 minutes ago, M9G UK said:

Oh blimey @Mattman42 you've thrown a spanner in the works, I like the anthracite Hmmm. Oh by the way your BoXa got alot of attention on Sunday, loads looking at your for sale sign

Cheers @M9G UK- sold it on Monday! So Imply was my final outing in it

Archived