Gil's Bagged Boxster

718as

I quite like it. Looks a firm ride mind! The front spoiler/splitter looks like it's taken a hit too with big scratches and misaligned. 

It's a fun looking car though - I wonder how a less extreme airbagged car would ride/handle?

Love the commitment and stance of cars lowered like this, this one needs a little work to get the front finished off nicely so good try. Not for me though, does remind me of the Hot Wheels cars my nephew had a few years back.

Has any body put an air ride system in their Boxster on here, would be interested to know how the dynamics change and how it rides on our UK roads?

People don’t understand bags that all, I’m building a bagged pickup and the bags have 9” of travel, I won’t have all that fitted but that 981 prob runs higher than a normal passive car normally and would also be more comfortable , 

anyone here drive a cayenne or macan turbo on bags ?? , capable cars 

different horses etc , that cars not been built for track laps but more cruise laps 

On 12/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, zagamuffin said:

People don’t understand bags that all, I’m building a bagged pickup and the bags have 9” of travel, I won’t have all that fitted but that 981 prob runs higher than a normal passive car normally and would also be more comfortable , 

anyone here drive a cayenne or macan turbo on bags ?? , capable cars 

different horses etc , that cars not been built for track laps but more cruise laps 

My wife's car (L494 Range Rover Sport) rides on airbag suspension. It's super smooth on UK roads and is very versatile in terms of tuning (switching between dynamic modes to stiffen up/self level etc). I'm a fan.

I've had bags on one of my cars in the past and tbh how hard they are depends on a few factors, there's a lot more work than people think to get it sitting that low and properly. For getting that stance and retaining drivability they can't be beaten tbh. 

Haven't played the video (working) but from the picture it just looks like something has gone seriously wrong - all the springs have snapped or it's the heaviest car on the road.

If they think they're emulating a race car by having something that's grounded out at standstill then they need to take a long hard look at an actual racecar.

I think I'm just too old to appreciate this nonsense, I'll stick to the go-faster stripes.

Archived