Electric 986

bally4563

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Humbug877 said:

Chedder Bob, what is God's name does being gay have any pertinence to your comment on who purchased your car?  Keep your issues to yourself.

Are you being serious? If you are it was a typo. Should have been guy. See later post by CB.

6 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Not the same I went from an Impreza to a Golf R and thought it sounded shyate by comparison. Happier now 

Well, a scooby, particularly with the original unequal length exhaust manifolds, is one of the great sounding engines of all time and IMHO in full Group A Prodrive trim in a Welsh forest complete with anti-lag detonations hearing it approach a depart starting from over a mile away is the ultimate engine 'sound track', even a Group N one from inside is pretty special.  Run close by a 18,000rpm F1 V12 motor. May be heresy on a site with lots of enthusiasm for flat 6s but, hey ho.

Electric will never achieve this visceral part of the experience.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, Rav said:

I've been thinking and actually started a company a while ago to start to offer conversion kits to enthusiasts for all manner of classic vehicle. Then the thinking went to - "What will happen to all the current cars on the road" they could do with being converted too".

At the time, i couldnt get my hands on batteries and hear from my collegues that it is still near impossible to compete with the large scale battery buyers. If you are not buying in bulk (millions of units) you dont get any discount. A basic conversion kit was coming in at around £50k and to me that was out of the league of a home mechanic wanting to convert an old Aston and didnt appeal to someone with a Seirra Cosworth or Renault 5.

I gave up in the end, but have seen companies like ECC who are converting cars and making profit. A lot of fabrication work mind you and I am sure that the new drive train and weight distribution takes away from the feeling of driving an old MG or Ferarri. I might just be old and grumpy though......

I don’t agree with the batteries being hard to get hold of, as you know Rav I have an interest in a lithium Ion battery company and are able to get at Stock and discount on lots of different types of batteries, maybe it’s something we should look into together

On 2/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, Humbug877 said:

Chedder Bob, what is God's name does being gay have any pertinence to your comment on who purchased your car?  Keep your issues to yourself.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, Boxob said:

Are you being serious? If you are it was a typo. Should have been guy. See later post by CB.

Hang on maybe Humbug has a point the Boxster has always attracted a more effeminate following after all, justified or not :whistle:

Our one was accused of being Pink on more than one occasion.

See pink I tells ya;

tgAWfu0.jpg

6 hours ago, Rav said:

Happy to look into this and thanks for prompting my @the baron - The market for electrified classics is massive. Its worth a look.

Have you seen the Vintage Voltage series? they are doing something similar https://www.vintagevoltage.tv/

5 minutes ago, tesla_porsche said:

If anyone's based in the South East you're welcome to come and have a go in the car once covid is behind us. 

Hopefully you'll be able to come to one of the meets e.g Blackbush or Wiremill once we've got through this. 

Whereabouts are you based in the southeast?

1 minute ago, Boxob said:

Hopefully you'll be able to come to one of the meets e.g Blackbush or Wiremill once we've got through this. 

Whereabouts are you based in the southeast?

I'm in Sevenoaks. Definitely up for a meet once all this is over. In the meantime, I've documented the car on my instagram feed: @tesla_porsche

Archived