Tyre problem

Darkstar

Just taken the Boxster down the road and felt something wrong with rear offside corner. Stopped to have a look and

cm3yDOR.jpg

Looks like I need new rears ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Just taken the Boxster down the road and felt something wrong with rear offside corner. Stopped to have a look and

cm3yDOR.jpg

Looks like I need new rears ASAP. 

Especially as you're interested in living a bit longer.

2 minutes ago, BBB said:

Did you drive over something? What causes an egg bulge like that?

I did something similar.  Tucked into a bend on a country land a bit too much. Random kerb at the apex and clipped it.  Made the car jump a lot and knocked the geo out on that corner.  

Certainly noticed it happening so if that happened on its own that that tyre is very very dodgy. 

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

I did something similar.  Tucked into a bend on a country land a bit too much. Random kerb at the apex and clipped it.  Made the car jump a lot and knocked the geo out on that corner.  

Certainly noticed it happening so if that happened on its own that that tyre is very very dodgy. 

I know I've hit a few pot holes but never thought I'd hit one hard enough to do that damage. 

I was planning to replace them just not this month. But then it becomes not next month either. So on Tuesday I will be driving gingerly to my local tyre shop to get quote for Ps4s fitted. 

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Especially as you're interested in living a bit longer.

Definitely on my to do list. 

I have just had 4 PS4'S fitted by Kwiik Fit at Wolverton, MK. They treated my car with care and were very professional. I have used them several times before, and desopite the bad press Kwik Fit get, Dan, the man in charge, is very good, as were his crew, even asking what length valves I would prefer. 

265/35/19's were £220 per corner. Ouch, obviously, but competitive, and close to me - I live in MK.

5 hours ago, Darkstar said:

I have just booked to have 2 off PS4'S fitted by Kwik Fit at Wolverton, MK. Cost $415 for the pair and they can take me today.

265/35/19's. Hence the  cost I'm afraid. Not really found anywhere closer to me/less hassle to buy from. The desk I was leant over whilst paying was quite comfy as it turned out..

I had something similar on my previous Boxster, but mine was on the inside edge.  The annoying thing in my case was that I'd only done 300 miles since replacing all 4 tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1's).  My supplier sent the tyre back to Goodyear for testing, and unsurprisingly they said it wasn't a manufacturing fault, it was "impact damage" so I had to pay for a new one.  Frustrating, but not much you can do, and could have been a lot worse if the damaged tyre suddenly deflated while under load.

10 minutes ago, Davey P said:

could have been a lot worse if the damaged tyre suddenly deflated while under load.

Yup can attest to that.

Something fell off a lorry (no really) on the old A45 (A14) and six cars including mine hit it - looked like some kind of ramp component.

I needed to change underwear getting to the hard shoulder on three wheels.

Probably improved the handling, it was a Ford Orion 1.6L "back in the day"

Archived