981 Spyder Body kit Retro Fit...A Step too far ?

villaman

I'm sure some of you will have seen this car for sale. They've clearly spent a lot on retro fit upgrades.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202103069810335?model=BOXSTER&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=st90ap&aggregatedTrim=981 S&radius=1500&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=PORSCHE&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

I like the Spyder body kit but conscious that one has to be very careful to not get too carried away and end up putting a GT4 rear spoiler on the car simply because you can !

18 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I think it looks terrific. I would ditch the duck tail.

Not a fan of the ducktail ?....a few seem to be motivated to do this after a recent thread / YT video.

I think it looks great 😊 love a white 981 😊

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Not a fan of the ducktail ?....a few seem to be motivated to do this after a recent thread / YT video.

I don't think it looks right on this car. I wonder if it's the colour, because Daz's mod looks great.

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

I like the mods but it's unfinished because the ride height has to be reduced to pull the look off.

Maybe that's the issue. 

I guess I am in a minority because I find all this bolt on look like something else stuff a bit naff.  Each to their own of course, and whatever floats your boat. In this case ( and it may be the angle, the light or something else) I think painting the front bumper the same colour as the car would stop it looking quite so horrible.

To me that 13K spent has taken the value off the car, not added to it - i think it's nasty.

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I guess I am in a minority because I find all this bolt on look like something else stuff a bit naff.  Each to their own of course, and whatever floats your boat. 

+1, although I wouldn't use the word nasty, more like pointless. Rather high expectations of a Cobb map taking on a Gt4....... Don't think so😂.

3 minutes ago, mneil said:

+1, although I wouldn't use the word nasty, more like pointless. Rather high expectations of a Cobb map taking on a Gt4....... Don't think so😂.

Yes I did read that with a bit of a chuckle....poetic license me thinks !! 🤣

That car has been around a while, it never sold on eBay and the guy sold it to Sam Smith.

I like the idea but something is off on it and I can’t decide.

I do think it is really overpriced, the car before the mods is £32/34k from a garage so marking it up to £38k to cover all the mods seems excessive regardless what it has cost to do!

It was up for sale a few weeks back by another dealer/owner for £35k

i liked the look of it but after speaking to Patt, we decided it didn’t quite stack up and thankfully that conversation led me to buying Johns GTS

11 minutes ago, tcornet said:

It was up for sale a few weeks back by another dealer/owner for £35k

i liked the look of it but after speaking to Patt, we decided it didn’t quite stack up and thankfully that conversation led me to buying Johns GTS

Definitely the better choice 👌

Did John leave the DSC PASM controller on it?

For me I think it's ok to enhance what you have, make it the best it can be, X73, ducktail, GTS/accessory catalogue parts but GT4 dress up parts are a step too far especially when it's sitting on stilts!

Archived