The Brotherhood

Jackrabbit

This past summer I gave myself a "LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD." Along with the award came the Grand Prize ........ a 2003 Boxster S. I recently turned 76. When I was 24 and single, I owned a '64 356 C and loved it. Then came marriage, a family and the boring world of practical cars. I ended that nonsense last June. Did I need a Boxster ? No. Was it a practical purchase ? No. Am I too old to be driving a car like this ? Not at all. Do I have regret ? Absolutely not. Do I love this car ? You betcha. Before I made my commitment, I stumbled  upon this site. I wish to point out that this is really not just a website, it's a brotherhood. A brotherhood of aficionados of this wonderful machine. I felt the love of this car and the dedication to it through your texts as I researched what to look for before purchase. Your information was invaluable. So much so, that I never even test drove a Boxster. The first time I drove one was the day I bought the car when I drove it for an overall inspection.  I drove the car home from San Francisco to the Oregon Coast and it was delightful. It continues to delight. This car brings me miles of smiles. I love my little "jackrabbit," the name I gave my car. Thank you all for your past and continued information and suggestions, all based on experience. tommy z

Boxster 10.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pordave said:

More like congratulations ‘Old’ man as he’s 76, however as we are all living longer and he’s now got his little Jackrabbit he could be a kid 👦 as he certainly is at heart. 

It was said in full knowledge of his age and pleased for the "young man" 

• Like 1