2013 981 satnav maps

Stuno1

I checked on the link - thanks Richard.

it quotes map version 6.7.1 - does anyone know if that is the latest version?

if it is I will give it a go and let you know how it works as there seems a lot of interest in getting 3.1 maps updated 

11 minutes ago, barryp said:

it quotes map version 6.7.1 - does anyone know if that is the latest version?

It is.

I'd suggest check your PCM firmware version re the zoom bug Richard mention for 3xx firmware PCM 3.1 units. 

If it's 3xx I'd avoid this for now.

Pressing the source and info buttons together will tell you the firmware version.

Edited by iborguk

41 minutes ago, hl8354 said:

Does anyone know if these latest maps are only updated for roads?  Or would they also provide features we see in Waze/GMaps like cameras?  Cheers

Map (road and previous POI - points of interest) updates only.

Edited by iborguk

On 4/12/2022 at 7:19 PM, iborguk said:

It is.

I'd suggest check your PCM firmware version re the zoom bug Richard mention for 3xx firmware PCM 3.1 units. 

If it's 3xx I'd avoid this for now.

Pressing the source and info buttons together will tell you the firmware version.

Cheers for the heads up. On 3.42 so I’ll avoid updating. 

• 2 weeks later...

A number on here updated via an eBay seller to the 2018 maps a few years ago, and the process looks similar here, activation via usb. The car VIN needing to be supplied and this gets encoded into the key which is loaded via a usb stick.

I’ve not used these guys or heard any reports though.   If you do go for it do report back on success.

OK I paid up to see what happens. Vendor David very responsive and so after receiving my order he asked for a screen shot of my PCM, and asked me to confirm that I had a USB connection and my VIN number last week. Today by signed delivery I received 5 sealed Porsche branded DVD marked PCM 3.1 Ver. 2022-2023 and a memory stick. 
I have emailed David as I had warned him that I was a non techie and so anticipated some instructions? David only works through the website that Richard identified and only contact is email. My order received by me in plain brown paper - no return address or other info.

I was however pleasantly surprised to receive what appears to be original Porsche DVD’s - I now have to figure out how to install them and the memory stick 

I will update progress 😇

Right, having a responsive seller is quite a big bonus.  If I recall correctly sometimes the disk loads fail and need retrying and there were a few ‘gotchas’ in the process.

Also, before you start, If the process involves updating the PCM software first, ensure the version of software shipped does not downgrade your existing version. If you are on 4.76 don’t downgrade to say 4.73. (This was one thing to check a few years ago as the software version shipped was 4.73.)

Thanks Richard for posting the link to 

www.satnavishop.co.uk

They have a wide variety of software updates for PCM series 2 and 3 and many other vehicles available. I have been looking for options to update my 2016 981S.

My experience after I ordered on line where I opted to pay in 30 days with a 3rd party online payment site. I received an acknowledgment from David requesting a photo of my PCM, confirmation that I had a USB Slot and a photo of my VIN #. 
About a week later I  received a Porsche PCM 3.1 Software DVD and Porsche PCM3.1 Map DVD Numbered 1 to 5 Ver. 2022-2023 all in sealed envelopes and a memory stick. All these were packaged in a Royal Mail recorded delivery in a padded brown envelope with no return address or packing slip!

David can only be contacted by email and so I requested installation instructions which I received by email next day. First attempts by me to load were not successful but likely due to me incorrectly cuing the CD player.

The PCM3.1 software disc loaded immediately and after 4 different attempts I got the memory stick loaded and there on the screen was a message to please insert #1 Map DVD! Finally after 4 different attempts I was able to consecutively load the 5 Map DVD’s without further issues. 
So spending £130 rather than the OPC installed price of £350   means you have to run the car and pop in the discs over a 2 hour period.

I was also not able to get info from the two OPC’s that I contacted what software version they would be installing for me.

So looks as though I am good to go but just in case I also purchased a Brodie console mount to use Google Maps on my IPhone which fits well.

When I recently bought my 2016 car from an OPC, I got the maps updated to 2022 as part of the deal. However, it is now clear that the maps on this car are older than the 2018 maps on my previous car - probably still the original 2016 maps. The “history” tab on the PCM shows that update activity took place on the day before I collected the car but one of the actions generated an error message. I am in discussion with the OPC about resolving this. In the meantime, it would be really helpful if anyone with the 2022 update installed could confirm that the A555 is shown running east from Manchester Airport to join the A6 near the village of High Lane. This road is completely absent on the (probably) 2016 maps, was partially present on the 2018 maps, and if present on the 2022 maps would be a great indicator that any update had been successful. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, BrianJ said:

When I recently bought my 2016 car from an OPC, I got the maps updated to 2022 as part of the deal. However, it is now clear that the maps on this car are older than the 2018 maps on my previous car - probably still the original 2016 maps. The “history” tab on the PCM shows that update activity took place on the day before I collected the car but one of the actions generated an error message. I am in discussion with the OPC about resolving this. In the meantime, it would be really helpful if anyone with the 2022 update installed could confirm that the A555 is shown running east from Manchester Airport to join the A6 near the village of High Lane. This road is completely absent on the (probably) 2016 maps, was partially present on the 2018 maps, and if present on the 2022 maps would be a great indicator that any update had been successful. Many thanks!

Care to share a screen shot of the history screen ?

15 hours ago, BrianJ said:

Yeh, just to add. The A555 shows on the 2018 map updates but only as a white road that it will not navigate you down, when the 2018 maps were released the 555 was still to open (opened nov 18 if memory serves).  I have the 2018 maps currently so can’t confirm the 2022 update has correctly updated this, but I would be very disappointed if not!!

There is a possibility that there are errors on that screen from a previous aborted installation- that certainly did for me. File too big to send screenshot but successful results show as

Source 10D22117

Date 2022-04-25 Time 12.43.56

6.7.1 PCM31_ECE_N4ZO_2117_PS

Hope this helps

23 minutes ago, barryp said:

There is a possibility that there are errors on that screen from a previous aborted installation- that certainly did for me. File too big to send screenshot but successful results show as

Source 10D22117

Date 2022-04-25 Time 12.43.56

6.7.1 PCM31_ECE_N4ZO_2117_PS

Hope this helps

6.71 is the 2022 map version.

Photos can be added as links from Imgur/Flickr.

Edited by iborguk

Greenman - your comments about the A555 exactly mirror why I wanted the update done. I really must get round to the Imgur thing to share images on here but haven't done yet. Briefly, my history screen shows:

Source 25-MAR-2013-D, then next line Date 2022-02-16, time 10:42:32 (date and time latest update attempted), then 5 lines of codes all starting PCM31, then

Source 12-JUN-2015-D, then similar to above on same date at 11:03:30 with 5 more lines of different PCM31 codes, then

Source 08D21516, with same date at 11:52:15 with Error 0x1041 and a PCM31 code, then finishing up with

Source 07D21407, same date, time 13:08:00, 6.2.2 PCM31_ECE_N313_1407_P5

barryp, thanks for your input too. As SatNaviShop is advertising the new version as 6.7.1 I am concluding that your end message starting 6.7.1 confirms that is what is installed, and that my 6.2.2 indicates mine isn't!!

Edited by BrianJ
Spelling error

Yes I found several OPC that I contacted could not tell me what version I would be getting from them if I got them to install the update