Annual Mileage in a Boxster

McDonald

Looked at my mileage yesterday  - will have had her for 3 years mid April - 7,000 miles first year- then covid came along and 3,100,  then this year only just scraped over 1000 miles so far 😢

47 minutes ago, CAZ said:

Looked at my mileage yesterday  - will have had her for 3 years mid April - 7,000 miles first year- then covid came along and 3,100,  then this year only just scraped over 1000 miles so far 😢

First year exemplary IMO. I wish I could keep mine down to 7,000. Third year seems like neglect - must try harder.😁

• Thanks 1

Approximately 12,000 a year. Used daily. Bought it with 50,800 on the clock, October 2018. Just went past 77,000 yesterday. Not had any major issues. Replaced original battery, broken rear spring, leaky coolant hose, front wheel bearing, brakes and set of tyres.

2 hours ago, CAZ said:

Are you sure it’s covid & nothing to do with not wanting to admit neglect to us as you’re driving a certain 997 more😂

I’ve owned mine a couple of years now  & managed around 4K each year, so a long long way off what some are doing!

56 minutes ago, Del_tl1000r said:

Approximately 12,000 a year. Used daily. Bought it with 50,800 on the clock, October 2018. Just went past 77,000 yesterday. Not had any major issues. Replaced original battery, broken rear spring, leaky coolant hose, front wheel bearing, brakes and set of tyres.

Should have added though I may be looking at a new clutch. Strange groaning noise from gearbox area when I press/ release the clutch pedal.

1 hour ago, 2001pt said:

Are you sure it’s covid & nothing to do with not wanting to admit neglect to us as you’re driving a certain 997 more😂

Have to admit I do like driving the 997 - but it’s a totally different beast and gives you a totally different type of excitement when driving - lack of miles is purely down to not having meets to take it to that are out doors - sitting inside in cramped cafe’s isn’t an option because of Mr997’s health conditions - I get invited to plenty of meets, but they all want to squeeze into small pubs or busy cafes - roll on spring as am off to do a hill climb at Prescot and will be able to do Blackbushe again 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tynesider said:

My mileage is quite erratic, over the 3years of ownership did 1100 in 1st year 4200 in 2nd and last year 2200 perhaps its down to the amount of sunshine in a given year?

So far in 2022 it hasn't moved!

The south coast was lovely yesterday.

zTh9Aeh.jpg

• Like 1

Mileage in 4 years is 6.5k, now 30k on the clock, last year was the lowest due to rubbish weather and only managed 800 miles, my MOT guy said if he could he would fail on lack of use.....said I would try harder this year :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVO Chris said:

Mileage in 4 years is 6.5k, now 30k on the clock, last year was the lowest due to rubbish weather and only managed 800 miles, my MOT guy said if he could he would fail on lack of use.....said I would try harder this year :) 

Lend it to a friend, someone should be getting some pleasure from it!😁

Bought my '06 2.7 manual six months ago and have done 5K, so 10K a year.  Would be higher, though, were it not for covid.  Car's a daily, a weekend toy and a tradesman's van 😜 Yes, really.  You should see the look on some of the other tradesmans' faces!  It may have small dimensions, but makes up for it with infinite headroom 😉

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Bought my '06 2.7 manual six months ago and have done 5K, so 10K a year.  Would be higher, though, were it not for covid.  Car's a daily, a weekend toy and a tradesman's van 😜 Yes, really.  You should see the look on some of the other tradesmans' faces!  It may have small dimensions, but makes up for it with infinite headroom 😉

Looks good in yellow.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, McDonald said:

Today is the 1st anniversary of my Boxster ownership. It was on 46,000 when I picked it up and now on 57,000.

I imagine 11,000 miles a year is unusual for a 16 yr old Porsche.

Anyone with similar use, I wonder? 

Id say your a lucky man, I'm usually 1,500 miles max a year in mine. Upside is I get the big smile everytime I manage to get out in it.

Bought mine and the baby arrived the year after so the lack of baby space presents an issue. Thought about selling but I just can't bring myself to do it! It's worth paying the tax monthly for the odd weekend run out. ....and if I'm having a bad day I can just open the garage door and it reminds me I have some hours of fun ahead. 

Enjoy, 

Pjk

• Like 2

Did plenty of miles in me 986S but I bought my 987S BE in March 2016 with 46,000 miles on her and she now has over 111,000, all pleasure miles until last year when we sold Carolyn's car cause of COVID and her working from home, so She didn't need it. But, we only collect the weekly shopping, there's no commuting. So, averaging over 10K 'fun filled' Smiles a year 🤩 #iloveit 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pjk1978 said:

Id say your a lucky man, I'm usually 1,500 miles max a year in mine. Upside is I get the big smile everytime I manage to get out in it.

Bought mine and the baby arrived the year after so the lack of baby space presents an issue.

Similar. But I had the two babies and the direct train commute even before buying so I knew mileage would be minimal. If I sold now the cash wouldn’t really improve my life, and as Gutley says, YOLO.