Annual Mileage in a Boxster

McDonald

That’s good going.  Do you use it as your daily?  I do between 5-6k in mine a year on average, but it’s not my daily.

32 minutes ago, EagleStar said:

That’s good going.  Do you use it as your daily?  I do between 5-6k in mine a year on average, but it’s not my daily.

We also have an Astra GTC.  I think of as my wife's car but I use it when the weather turns hostile. In fact we've just been down to Devon for Christmas (round trip 270 miles) in the Vauxhall. The Boxster is tucked away in the garage but it'll be out on the first dry day. I enjoy driving the Porsche, so I use it a lot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, McDonald said:

Today is the 1st anniversary of my Boxster ownership. It was on 46,000 when I picked it up and now on 57,000.

I imagine 11,000 miles a year is unusual for a 16 yr old Porsche.

Anyone with similar use, I wonder? 

I average 5000 miles a year (3rd car, play thing) , so 11k is great going. Yours must be an almost daily? 

2 hours ago, Pinewood said:

I average 5000 miles a year (3rd car, play thing) , so 11k is great going. Yours must be an almost daily? 

I'd intended to do 5000-6000 a year, but the car is such a joy to drive. I like your description, mine is an 'almost daily' - I just try to dodge the worst of the weather. 

1 hour ago, TGI_J said:

I've done about 5k ish since buying my 987 in July, so you're not alone in doing 11k odd a year! 

That's a match. I don't think many on the forum get quite such use from these toys.

1 hour ago, usman10316 said:

I did 10k in my first year of 986 ownership, then it slowed down from there, since buying the 996 I probably do around 1-2k a year in the boxster now. Less in the winter. 

Understandable, the new toy takes your eye. The summer should tip the balance a little further, I think.

2 hours ago, McDonald said:

The summer should tip the balance a little further, I think.

So far a very mild winter, I've used the 996 more, but tried to get the Boxster out at least once a week. Apparently, weather is going into double digits in the coming days, that has to be a roof down winter drive! A first for me in December!

Managed 14k in 18 months in my first one.  Actually started to “worry” about the miles. Then swapped to current one in December 2019. Fast forward 2 years and I have managed 5k.  Now “worrying” about lack of use.  Have had three European trips and many U.K. outing cancelled but still.  Have almost forgotten how it works.  

59 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

So far a very mild winter, I've used the 996 more, but tried to get the Boxster out at least once a week. Apparently, weather is going into double digits in the coming days, that has to be a roof down winter drive! A first for me in December!

I had three or four roof-down drives earlier in December. I read somewhere on the forum that it's advisable to get the roof down at monthly intervals - probably nonsense but I pay attention to such counsel. I'm determined to look after the car so I store up forum chatter and follow it as gospel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like I will record my lowest Boxster annual mileage since commencing ownership in 2014 at 4,202k. Covid has had a significant impact without a a doubt. I will have owned this car three years come March and I estimate I will have covered just over 20,000 in it by then. So a decent  average annual milege, which is just a little lower than the 8k per annum I have often logged. So, for a fun only car,  yeah, I've had a fair bit of fun 😁

Edited by Topbox
Cfa
  • Like 2

I had 10 years of Boxster ownership with a 986S and 2 x 987S and did 12k a year every year as I only own 1 car at a time so it would be the daily driver. All of them had in excess of 120,000 miles on when sold and I believe they are all going strong today.

None of them cost me much to run, to be fair this forum saves a lot of money as when something does go wrong there is someone who has had the same thing and there will be a "how too" as well.

This was my 3.4 987S when I sold it. Think it was on 127,000 miles and still looked like new inside and out. It now resides in the south of France doing a lot less miles than when i owned it!

43814067544_2a9b141536_o_d.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

I had 10 years of Boxster ownership with a 986S and 2 x 987S and did 12k a year every year as I only own 1 car at a time so it would be the daily driver. All of them had in excess of 120,000 miles on when sold and I believe they are all going strong today.

None of them cost me much to run, to be fair this forum saves a lot of money as when something does go wrong there is someone who has had the same thing and there will be a "how too" as well.

This was my 3.4 987S when I sold it. Think it was on 127,000 miles and still looked like new inside and out. It now resides in the south of France doing a lot less miles than when i owned it!

43814067544_2a9b141536_o_d.jpg

These cars seem to like being driven and caring for a car like this is easy - they just look so good.