Two hoodies slashed my hood

driving_james

37 minutes ago, driving_james said:

@TROOPER88 has come up with a good offer for fitting a used hood so I'm inclined to go this way - rather than the insurance route tbh

See if he can fit Bond's Lotus burglar protected system at the same time?

On 3/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, driving_james said:

Ok but worried about premium hikes and constant "have you made a claim" questions whenever I hire a car or renew - but I will check my policy with Churchill

In my opinion insurance is to be used when there is a need. Can't see why you should pay out even if they charge you another £200 a year. In any case you can always move.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:54 PM, Freeman said:

In my opinion insurance is to be used when there is a need. Can't see why you should pay out even if they charge you another £200 a year. In any case you can always move.

Yes but you then have to declare you've made a claim and you will be assessed as a "Risk" or a "Old Man with Porsche Risk" 😂

• 5 weeks later...

I have a happy ending to this sad story!

Having told the story about my hood being slashed @TROOPER88contacted me and offered to source a secondhand hood and fit this within the week.

So I gaffa-taped the torn hood as best I could, I carefully drove on down to Paul's in Lower Sudbury and deposited my sorry looking 987 with him to work his magic. 

Paul managed to locate an excellent black hood from a breakers yard. I chose a black one (the original was blue) as this was easier to locate, and cheaper than a blue one.

Paul then removed my old hood and fitted the replacement one making some small repairs along the way, one of which included his partner Annie, who repaired the elastic strips either side to ensure the hood fits snuggly when closing above the door windows.

During all this time Paul kept me updated with regular progress reports which was great and very reassuring. I picked the car up the following week and I have to say I LOVE the black hood as it goes really well with the Artic Silver. 

So I owe a huge thank you to Paul and Annie and a big shout out to @TROOPER88 for his speedy and very thorough job!

47seyhC.jpg

QrdG9YG.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2