Where do you put a UK sticker on a 986?

½cwt

5 minutes ago, edc said:

I've been stopped in Spain and France nearly ahem a handful of times and my plate had a black strip and a Porsche crest. They don't really care. 

Until they need to, or want to..

9 hours ago, edc said:

I've been stopped in Spain and France nearly ahem a handful of times and my plate had a black strip and a Porsche crest. They don't really care. 

…while they were booking you for being 40mph over the limit? ;) 

16 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

union jack wrap aka Austin Powers would do the trick:)

As long as you are able to cover it for driving through Belfast that would work a treat 😀 

12 hours ago, mike597 said:

I have a feeling, if you were stopped, you'd be able to negotiate. 

My wife is a fluent French speaker (colonial thing).  My French isn't terrible but the more positive response she gets compared to what I get is marked.  

Am making the assumption your wife (is female and) is considerably more attractive than you, that can't hurt :laugh:

14 minutes ago, EXY said:

As long as you are able to cover it for driving through Belfast that would work a treat 😀 

Am making the assumption your wife (is female and) is considerably more attractive than you, that can't hurt :laugh:

It's a fair assumption.  I've found being actually fluent rather than stumbling by helps regardless of the gender of the person you're speaking to in France.

I can contrast this with my experiences in the Middle East as I also speak some Arabic. There, you get consistently helped by the locals when they see you're trying to converse in their language.  In France I find the opposite. They either speed up their responses or thet just switch to English.  In the middle east I've found people slow down and almost speak to you like you're a child still learning.  Maybe it's just a cultural difference. 

Anyway off topic as usual. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mike597 said:

I have a feeling, if you were stopped, you'd be able to negotiate. 

My wife is a fluent French speaker (colonial thing).  My French isn't terrible but the more positive response she gets compared to what I get is marked.  

Trust me, it’s not her fluent French that gets her a more positive response than you 😜

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, Quinten said:

I hope you know that you're supposed to display UK instead of GB since last September?  See https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers

Not in this country. I hate plates with anything on except the reg. Don't even use a front one on the Boxster. 

5 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Trust me, it’s not her fluent French that gets her a more positive response than you 😜

I reckon a few pics would help us make an informed decision :)

13 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

…while they were booking you for being 40mph over the limit? ;) 

I never really paid attention to the speed limits unless we were in a built up area or traffic was around which was rare the areas we have been. 

12 hours ago, Topbox said:

@½cwt Chris, after all this highly animated discussion I hope you are going to post a photograph of the outcome 🤣

Maybe 🤔