I think its just condensation

Bleedsoff

Morning,

After having spent a small fortune on my car last week on suspension, tyres and an alignment. I was enjoying the car yesterday and after a while I noticed a wet patch under my car. I took it home saw a drip on the underneath and started to freak out 🤣. I put a small pot underneath the drip to collect a sample. It came from the mid front of the car maybe more passenger side slightly. The sample was completely clear (no red or green tinge) I even tasted it and it had no taste. I was just wondering is it common on these cars t get condensation drips underneath? I mean yesterday was  a particular humid day and the AC was on full cold. I have had the Boxster now for 2 years and never really noticed it before.

Edited by Bleedsoff
trying to upload photos/media

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Taste test is good in these cases.  No taste - it’s condensation or rainwater, sweet it’s coolant, soapy it’s screen wash.  

think you are fine 

Yea I hope I am fine. I guess dripping is a good thing so at least its draining away from the car and not sitting on the bottom of an undertray. I also have 2 cats and am paranoid the car will poison them!

I parked outside a friend's house the other day, and when I came back to the car there was a small wet patch under the rear bumper, and the plastic trim at the bottom had a damp patch. My wife suggested it could be cat pee from a male who was marking his territory. When I got home, I parked on the driveway and almost immediately one of our local cats made a bee-line for the car, and sat sniffing the wet area.  I didn't bother doing the taste test, and just washed it off instead... :lol:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Bleedsoff said:

The only thing that threw me was the AC pipes don’t run along the middle? Only coolant pipes? 

Water may be running across the plastic cover, hence where it appears might just be a function of how level the car is parked. For piece of mind, if you fancy it, take the under covers off and you should see how it has tracked. Also worth a clean up of the underside without the covers. Easy enough to do with ramps.

Just gone out to check it, Not used the car since about 3pm yesterday. There is still a drip hanging at the end of the under cover and a small wet patch still, so a little confused still. I mean it has rained over night. The driveway/tarmac is dry though. I have wet patches under the car by the rear tyres and front tyres which I assume are the drain holes doing there job and the one small patch in the same place as yesterday in the pic. I have checked the coolant level and that near enough where i remember it being just below max level. 

19 minutes ago, Dosthilldave said:

Water may be running across the plastic cover, hence where it appears might just be a function of how level the car is parked. For piece of mind, if you fancy it, take the under covers off and you should see how it has tracked. Also worth a clean up of the underside without the covers. Easy enough to do with ramps.

It could be difficult as I have no mechanical skills with cars (wish I had) plus no ramp or jack to be honest. 

You jest, but a mozzarella pearl in a clear tub is one of the best things to check the qualities of a liquid. The white colour means it stains clearly and quickly into a full spectrum of colours, and the soft consistency catches and holds and particles so they are easy to see. the slight alkaline nature of the cheese also reacts with acidic compounds in brake fluid and oil, so you can tell whether a fluid is DOT3 or DOT4, and what the brand, make up and specification of engine oil it is.

😁

• Like 2

You nearly had me until the very last part of the last sentence and of course your emoji. If you had just written that deadpan I bet many would have egg-cepted it 😂

15 minutes ago, Angus76 said:

Take a look at your coolant level and if that hasn’t changed it’s likely the other things mentioned. 👍

No taste, so not sweet tasting coolant.