Voltage read out

alank

Is it possible to get my voltage reading on the Info listing , under Oil pressure, oil temp and water temp. I did try some instruction a while ago but no success. It is a m/y 2014 (63) S.  Thanks

think mine shows 14.6V when running.

If you use the computer stalk and push away when at "vehicle" you can then select which options you would like.

There is a good how to on the free Porsche "Good to Know" phone app.

You can also set BST and light dimmers, aircon preferences per key and even speed limits from the PCM

9 minutes ago, BrianJ said:

However hard I looked my 2013 981 didn’t have voltage as an option but my 2016 981 does. So the functionality clearly changed at some point, but I don’t know when.

Mine is 2014, and you can see it has the voltage display option, so that might be the year it changed over.  I only discovered it by accident when I noticed there was an option for a 4th line on the display (I think the default is 3 lines) 👍

28 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Well I’m guessing from your tank range  which is showing….either that or your right foot has fallen off. 

What can I say mate, I'm never in a rush, so I just cruise everywhere at low speeds these days 😂

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Mine is 2014, and you can see it has the voltage display option, so that might be the year it changed over.  I only discovered it by accident when I noticed there was an option for a 4th line on the display (I think the default is 3 lines) 👍

My 2013 car had the possibility of a 4th line but no possibility of voltage in it. I used it for altitude - much more interesting!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BrianJ said:

However hard I looked my 2013 981 didn’t have voltage as an option but my 2016 981 does. So the functionality clearly changed at some point, but I don’t know when.

mine's Sep 2013 and has the voltage option FWIW

12 minutes ago, BrianJ said:

Voltage option wasn’t in the handbook for the 2013 car either. It is in the 2016 car handbook.

link to a 981C PDF manual here 

https://stuart-brown.photography/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/981-Cayman-S-GTS-Owners-Manual.pdf

(this is hosted on my website so please dont link to outside people/places)

excerpts here, page 103 refers to Veh. Voltage as an option

IIRC you might have to select the 4th line option somewhere too..

q3uiL5K.jpg

SXoQsKv.jpg

r2EbAx3.jpg

sFVy33X.jpg

iEgj3jE.jpg

19 hours ago, iborguk said:

Well I’m guessing from your tank range  which is showing….either that or your right foot has fallen off. 

Don't forget that it's @Davey P's butler that does all the driving, and it's all very genteel - I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Driving Miss Davey" :lol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, iborguk said:

@Davey P Just realised from your screen shot that you’ve 64L tank in your 981. Learn something new every day…

342-FA396-5-AC2-4170-BB5-B-5-C2-E26-D658

75 litre tank here.  And for the sake of the thread, despite it showing altitude on this photo my 2013 has voltage as an option.