Porsche Boxster Virgin

Porschevirgin1968

24 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Well I went to view this car today, it drove and sounded amazing checking the service history it has not been serviced for 4 years, the guy has offered to service and give it a new MOT and 6 months warranty for £6500. Its clean and tidy, he had it washed before I got there, so checked al the carpets inside, no damp, roof and spoiler work fine, only downside was poor service history over last 4 years and a few marks on the roof, but when checking other convertibles today, they all had marks in the same areas.

I'll bet his service is an oil change and wipe down with an oily rag..and not the filters, plugs and brake fluid it will need.

21 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Well, the car below is deffo a project car, its as rough as f*ck, filthy, wheels are rusted, panel was missing off the fuse box, had a flat battery so could not start it or check any of the electrics. I did have a chuckle when he said it was £3995 Thursday night and people kept phoning and asking what was wrong with it, so he put it up another grand last night and now he has been inundated with interest!!!! 

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-67463664/?i=3&m=ds

Walk away. There are several out there without taking a risk on one you can't even start so technically a non runner. Even at £4k it was a risk... Let someone else get rinsed 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Thank you very much for that, I had planned to go north today, however there were more cars to view over the north east, I spoke to the guy yesterday and he said it just had £1400 spent on it and has full service history, they flew down to London to buy it in. According to him its been sold twice and 2 people have backed out of it already, price was non negotiable even though no trade in and would be paying cash.

I know the garage that is selling this car and they always have nice stock and are a reputable company. They like to sell Porches and always seem to have a few in stock. I will go and have a look at the car tomorrow and will PM you on my thoughts about it. I noticed it comes with a hardtop which is quite rare and if you don’t want the hardtop you could always sell it, I think they sell for £500 - £750.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greenman986s said:

I'll bet his service is an oil change and wipe down with an oily rag..and not the filters, plugs and brake fluid it will need.

I did say it needs oil, filters and fuel filter, plus brake fluid change, if I just got him to MOT it and i knocked him down to 6k, could I get a service done done for 500? Although I am taking a risk as its the unknown I guess.

20 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Well at least you’ve seen two and you start to get an idea. 

That's exactly it, the power and the noise of the first one has got me hooked already, I done the brake test too and they pulled up pretty dam quick. I used to have a 3 straight 6Z4 and have 3 a litre straight 6 merc 4matic, so I like a bit power 😁

18 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I did say it needs oil, filters and fuel filter, plus brake fluid change, if I just got him to MOT it and i knocked him down to 6k, could I get a service done done for 500? Although I am taking a risk as it's the unknown I guess.

Get it MOT'd first to see what else it needs then negotiate.

Based on my recent service,  that budget .sounds right .maybe £600 with the brake fluid.. not that a fuel filter is required on late 986s as it is in the tank 

Edited by greenman986s

30 minutes ago, greenman986s said:

Get it MOT'd first to see what else it needs then negotiate.

Based on my recent service,  that budget .sounds right .maybe £600 with the brake fluid.. not that a fuel filter is required on late 986s as it is in the tank 

MOT records are a bit  sketchy

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=ke04ffd

By the way, when you check for damp, slide the pax seat forward, lift the carpet behind the seat and feel the underlay. A carpet can seem dry on top but be sodden under. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanmr2 said:

I know the garage that is selling this car and they always have nice stock and are a reputable company. They like to sell Porches and always seem to have a few in stock. I will go and have a look at the car tomorrow and will PM you on my thoughts about it. I noticed it comes with a hardtop which is quite rare and if you don’t want the hardtop you could always sell it, I think they sell for £500 - £750.

This is the MOT history on the car, I see it opens at 1200 tomorrow. Might pop up myself for 1200 when it opens, I am back to work tomorrow night at 6pm so would have to be there sharp, lol.

23 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

This is the MOT history on the car, I see it opens at 1200 tomorrow. Might pop up myself for 1200 when it opens, I am back to work tomorrow night at 6pm so would have to be there sharp, lol.

Ok good luck hope it is a nice car and what you are looking for 

58 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

2.5 with its IMS done, why?!

very pretty but after your 3.0 you might find it gutless. It will fly but you need to stir the box more. 

Only 204PS from the 2.5.  You'd work those 5 gears even more.

IMS done, why? Because of all the inaccurate IMSB scaremongering on the internet possibly?  That said, if an oil leak has revealed failed seals even on the dual row IMSB, then you'd change it, but the bigger IMSB concern only kick in part way into 2001 production year, roughly Y & 51 plate onwards cars.  However, if it's been done with an oil fed or ceramic bearing kit it will be bomb proof.

1 hour ago, greenman986s said:

looks like it's had later headlights fitted?

Could be Litronic xenons.  Mine has these with clear corners even though it is a 2000 car and the previous owner had changed the rears to match.  Works well on silver IMO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gunscrossed said:

Changing the lights was very popular a few years ago, you see a lot with the rears changed as it was very expensive to buy the fronts.

I spoke to the guy earlier about this car, it's been owned by same guy for 15 years or so, seemingly some company paid the guy to take it to shows and displays, possibly why it's such good nick. He did send me a couple of videos but struggling to upload them. 

1 minute ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I spoke to the guy earlier about this car, it's been owned by same guy for 15 years or so, seemingly some company paid the guy to take it to shows and displays, possibly why it's such good nick. He did send me a couple of videos but struggling to upload them. 

Upload videos to youtube and link here - similar to photos - use imgur/flickr or whatever and link back to here.

1 minute ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

There are a lot of cars out there when you start searching, can't decide if its manual or tiptronic,. 2.5, 2.7 or 3.2. Some cracking condition cars out there. 

Go drive some, only you can decide what you like.