Porsche Boxster Virgin

Porschevirgin1968

1 hour ago, Gunscrossed said:

I wouldn’t call 90k high mileage on a 986, it’s the ones on 120k plus, which still isn’t that high for the year.

the numbers were used as an example  - both the car's I described are fictional.

point was that general opinion is that mileage, on its own is not considered to be the "best thing" to look out for,

But we all choose what we choose for the reasons that are important to us. 

Hope you find something that matches your choices,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gunscrossed said:

Thought it only affected the 987?

Sorry, not the actual figure, but higher road tax.  My 2000 3.2 S was just £295 this year.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, ½cwt said:

Problem is this is a minimum of £1400 (DIY) for the full suspension rebuild on top of a £6K to £7k purchase.  The car needs to be a long term proposition not just a couple of summers for some fun to ensure it is worthwhile and not a money pit.

Absolutely, and this is why suspension refurbs can be so time consuming/expensive, freeing off seized fasteners and finding other things, not suspension related,  that have had no maintenance for years that need doing.

What makes it worth it for me is that once I've finished I'll have a 986 that is better than one I could buy for my total spend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I cant see what makes that over £8k, and you can't put a '997 style' IMS bearing (from and M97 engine??) into an M96 engine. They may have fitter a third party ceramic or oil fed bearing...  No mention of important work like suspension, clutch (done with engine rebuild?) Etc.

30 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I cant see what makes that over £8k, and you can't put a '997 style' IMS bearing (from and M97 engine??) into an M96 engine. They may have fitter a third party ceramic or oil fed bearing...  No mention of important work like suspension, clutch (done with engine rebuild?) Etc.

I spoke to the guy and he was a bit sketchy about clutch gearboc servicing or suspension. He didn't like it when I said the indicator stalk does not cancel as per your video, again he chuckled and said most people would live with that, if I'm paying top price I expect it to work. Not have have to pay out another 300 for a new indicator stalk.  Cosmetically it looks stunning for 22 years old. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

2/10 for trying to make it look like an S though.

S badge on boot - ✔️

Red Calipers - 

Twin pipe zorst - 

• Haha 1