New To Me, 987.1 Boxster

Geoff888

After selling my bike, I have hankered for a sports car. Something a bit more evolving to drive than a Vauxhall Astra. Settled on a search for a Boxster as you can fit a small golf trolley & a set of clubs using both boots.🤩

As fate would have it I had a chance encounter with Paul Lewis / Torque Boxsters via this forum. Paul had just bought one from an auction & told me it was, surprisingly, rather nice.

A journey to Sunbury was easy as i'm in West London. My next port of call was going to be Chesterfield ! After talking to Paul for 10 mins I knew that if the car drove in a straight line i'd buy it. A complete novice to these cars, it was comforting that an expert had been all over it. No need for a private inspection🤑 They say don't buy the first one you see but the stars were aligned. So what about the car !

A 2007 987.1 2.7 in midnight blue, leather interior, Cayman S wheels, Remus exhaust tips, 109k miles, stamps in the book & a few bob spent on it from the previous 7 owners. One of these guys was very helpful when I emailed him. One month later & 500 miles it's lovely to drive & looks like a four year old car not seventeen. Really clean interior, everything works. It's taut, like a coiled spring & has loads of grunt, stuff you all already know. 

This morning it passed it's MOT with an advisory on a small amount of play in the steering rack. This has been the same for the last 4 MOT tests.

If you are lurking on this forum & thinking about buying a Boxster, go for it.

Paul Lewis is a top bloke to deal with. Very knowledgeable & I believe he would not have sold me this car with any iffy issues. Torque Boxsters will look after it for me. Thanks Paul.

HOME | My Site Copy 2 (torqueboxsters.co.uk)

Boxster1.jpg

IMG_7835_1.jpg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Geoff888 said:

After selling my bike, I have hankered for a sports car. Something a bit more evolving to drive than a Vauxhall Astra. Settled on a search for a Boxster as you can fit a small golf trolley & a set of clubs using both boots.🤩

As fate would have it I had a chance encounter with Paul Lewis / Torque Boxsters via this forum. Paul had just bought one from an auction & told me it was, surprisingly, rather nice.

A journey to Sunbury was easy as i'm in West London. My next port of call was going to be Chesterfield ! After talking to Paul for 10 mins I knew that if the car drove in a straight line i'd buy it. A complete novice to these cars, it was comforting that an expert had been all over it. No need for a private inspection🤑 They say don't buy the first one you see but the stars were aligned. So what about the car !

A 2007 987.1 2.7 in midnight blue, leather interior, Cayman S wheels, Remus exhaust tips, 109k miles, stamps in the book & a few bob spent on it from the previous 7 owners. One of these guys was very helpful when I emailed him. One month later & 500 miles it's lovely to drive & looks like a four year old car not seventeen. Really clean interior, everything works. It's taut, like a coiled spring & has loads of grunt, stuff you all already know. 

This morning it passed it's MOT with an advisory on a small amount of play in the steering rack. This has been the same for the last 4 MOT tests.

If you are lurking on this forum & thinking about buying a Boxster, go for it.

Paul Lewis is a top bloke to deal with. Very knowledgeable & I believe he would not have sold me this car with any iffy issues. Torque Boxsters will look after it for me. Thanks Paul.

HOME | My Site Copy 2 (torqueboxsters.co.uk)

Boxster1.jpg

IMG_7835_1.jpg

You've got yourself a handsome toy. Enjoy not having to wear leathers and a helmet to get your fun.

9 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Nice looking car you have there - and always good to know that @TROOPER88 has given it the once over

Enjoy!  remember, the rules are top down unless its raining..... :)

Funny you should mention this.

The only thing i'm not over keen on is the soft top. Probably would prefer a Cayman, but I bet that's a swear word on here !

1 hour ago, Geoff888 said:

Funny you should mention this.

The only thing i'm not over keen on is the soft top. Probably would prefer a Cayman, but I bet that's a swear word on here !

You aren't going to make yourself popular - @Davey P tried it and it didn't end well for him :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

We're all inclusive here, the inclusive bit is taking the Mick out of Cayman owners.  At least @Davey P has owned a Boxster so knows the error he has made! :stickprod:

A hardtop in Midnight Blue would be nice, but I imagine they are a fortune & rarer than hen’s teeth.

Didn’t know Paul was selling 987, it’s normally 986. Hope it’s a good car for you. 
987 hard top very rare and usually quite expensive. And unnecessary unless you’re in Upper Scotland…

have you got heated seats?

Edited by Menoporsche

Looks good, I think they might be the wheels that someone here painted outside the spokes to vaguely remember the classic Fuchs wheels.

987 is still a looker. I think it was a bit of a shame they removed the hard tonneau cover over the opened roof on the 981 design.  Seeing a part of the roof with large gaps around the side isn’t as neat. I know it saved weight but I’d gladly have a few extra kgs for a neater rear deck.

18 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

you can get one that make the boxster look like a cayman - @Photogirl is the expert on those tops

You'd have to be very lucky to find one - the 986 Zeintops ceased production in late 2009, as did the small handful of 987 versions they made. There is apparently a company selling a knockoff kit version, called Z-Art (I think via Design 911). But whether they too are still made I've no idea. Either way, it's a very expensive option.

2 hours ago, Geoff888 said:

I guess that’s a unique look, very nice. 

me, and a hand full of ltd edition 992s.  

Talked about doing it for years, as I loved the Carrera Classic 997 back in it's day.