987 Wheel Bolts - OPC

capeboy

Needed to replace my corroded wheel bolts. Contacted OPC, Tonbridge.....apparently they make them in black ONLY now?!!! (Due to the corrosion issues). That's not right, surely? Black bolts on silver wheels????

11 minutes ago, capeboy said:

Needed to replace my corroded wheel bolts. Contacted OPC, Tonbridge.....apparently they make them in black ONLY now?!!! (Due to the corrosion issues). That's not right, surely? Black bolts on silver wheels????

Yes, I had this when I ordered some for my 987.2, the 130Nm silver ones were unobtanium/discontinued so I went with the 160Nm black ones.

Looked OK on my diamond cut wheels , imho.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, capeboy said:

How much are they from OPC?

4 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Just ask @John K how much he paid for a set of wheel bolts - suddenly the painting option seems like a sensible choice!! :)

Do I have to admit this..? Exactly how much do you want me to destroy my reputation..?

It was at the time I was running out of things to waste money on so I bought a set of Titanium ones.

They were £200 or £400, I can't remember which, but I suspect the latter 😳...

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, John K said:

Do I have to admit this..? Exactly how much do you want me to destroy my reputation..?

It was at the time I was running out of things to waste money on so I bought a set of Titanium ones.

They were £200 or £400, I can't remember which, but I suspect the latter 😳...

OE ones, ballpark is about £200 with the lockers included before any discount.

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Just adding "corroded wheel nuts" to the list of stuff to knock the price down with

But they are not corroding... in fact, they were not really to start with..they were just a kind of dull granite colour (as per pic 1 ;) )

Also, my work has added value to the car, not taken it away :P 

Edited by Bike Loon
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

But they are not corroding... in fact, they were not really to start with..they were just a kind of dull granite colour (as per pic 1 ;) )

Is the wheel center cap correctly aligned..?

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:07 AM, Topbox said:

Empty beer bottles, or wine bottles, according to taste, are perfect things to hold  bolts while you paint them. 😁

used Jaffa cake boxes work the best:

26986397648_d8f657ed5b_b.jpg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, John K said:

Is the wheel center cap correctly aligned..?

I am a rebel... sod the purists!

All I did was hold them up, spray the bolt hex ends (not the collars!) and then stood them up on the windowsill to dry. No Jaffa cake boxes were hurt by me

• Like 1