Betty had her wheels refurbed

Gutley

Not been too active on here recently so thought I'd add a recent update done to my 987.2, Betty.

After hitting a shockingly bad pothole on a B-Road around Kent, I ended up with a dented rim that meant a failed MOT would be looming:

IMG_5707

I could have just had the dent repaired, but decided to go for a full refurb of all 4 wheels. The main rim colour is now Santorini Black (glossy with metallic sparkles in it), with a thin body-coloured strip around the edge.

IMG_6135

IMG_6136

IMG_6137

Work done by Lepsons in Gillingham

• Like 7

Just now, Gutley said:

Still undecided if i can cope with the wind noise on the 2.5 hour journey.

Lots of people have never seen on in the metal!  You can explain why, if you can hear them ask the question!  Or get some Air Pods.

12 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Lots of people have never seen on in the metal!  You can explain why, if you can hear them ask the question!  Or get some Air Pods.

They are more than welcome to visit Maidstone😀.

The AirPods do help though as I’ve used them before. 

1 hour ago, TV8 said:

Hi Matt, did you store the car there whilst the wheels were being refurbed? I think Lepsons offer that?

No. I just put my winters on and took the wheels in the CR-V

• Like 1

wheels look fantastic !  

When I had one of mine refurbished after OPC curbed it when I first got her it was £250 from Excel and came back a much lighter shade of black.  to the point it didn't even match the wheel center.

Yours look a much better match sir.

Oh and what are the tips for fitting the RTS in the car as I have to use the passenger seat ?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:12 PM, Menoporsche said:

Nasty dent!

The edge strips are body coloured? Is the camera playing the usual colour tricks?

I am undecided on that. It so depends on the lighting conditions. Today it looks an exact match, the other day it looked more like Miami Blue. This is one of the reasons I went for the thinnest stripe their masking process would support as I figured getting an exact match for R Blue would be tricky since its such a flat and light colour

Edited by Gutley