Anyone used this brake package?

kdh

30 minutes ago, kdh said:

Thanks, that's what I thought.

It doesn't look like Dampening Pads are included which another garage included.

Do I need them do you know?

(sorry, I know nothing.)

I thought you can normally re-use the old ones? 
disclaimer mine is a 987.1 so may not be the same? and I did mine in 2019 so I have forgotten what I did exactly

I did front discs on mine earlier this year with Brembo discs and Textar pads plus new wear sensors, everything else went back on, pad springs, pin, dampers. No adverse effects.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, T911UK said:

4 front and 8 rear for a 986S

4 off 996 351 088 02 for the front (Each pad has 2 dampers on it)

4 off 996 352 086 00 (30mm dia) and 4 off 964 352 096 01 (28mm dia.) for rear

• Thanks 1

I've bought from this seller a front brake pad & disc kit for my 987.1 (All Brembo). Everything was all good.

I was able to re-use the dampers as they were in good condition on my car. Would probably do the same again when/if I need to replace again

image.png.63b924ca1008219f3319840ad943fb64.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdh said:

Thanks...but do I need them?

I would say they aren’t fitted for fun, therefore there will be some effect of not using them. 

I assume the 986 is the same as the 987 in as much as they stick to the pads so reusing the old ones will require cleaning the surfaces and replacing the adhesive. 

Does it matter ?   Will you notice ? Honestly. I don’t know.  Maybe the pads might squeal a bit.  Maybe they will wear a bit faster.  Maybe they will wear unevenly. Maybe none or all of the above  maybe something else   

But its brakes. 

14 hours ago, Paul P said:

I would say they aren’t fitted for fun, therefore there will be some effect of not using them. 

I assume the 986 is the same as the 987 in as much as they stick to the pads so reusing the old ones will require cleaning the surfaces and replacing the adhesive. 

Does it matter ?   Will you notice ? Honestly. I don’t know.  Maybe the pads might squeal a bit.  Maybe they will wear a bit faster.  Maybe they will wear unevenly. Maybe none or all of the above  maybe something else   

But its brakes. 

This... Porsche did not add them for fun.

When I had my 986S the brakes squealed and the last owner had not fitted the shims, bought some and had them fitted and squealing stopped

Never used dampening pads, never had an issue. Any car, or any upgraded braking system.

1 exception - the Brembo calipers had corroded so much that the pad movement would cause squeal.

I used some stick stuff for a fiver (eg eBay item number:231589276066)