What have you had replaced under the OPC warranty or refused?

andygo

On 2/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, lawrencequinn said:

2020 Macan- Chrome trim on window switch fell off x 2 - refused.

2020 Macan
3 x Window switch trims (the Chrome bit) all done under warranty.
Rear washer T pipe connector thing which splits and then soaks stuff under the rear seats - done under warranty - they had the car for 4 days to ensure it was dried out
PCM "Nav" chrome trim fell off, OPC repaired it, and I said I wasn't happy as it was skew and I could see the adhesive.  Replacement ordered/back order an will be honoured under warranty.  Not sure yet if it's the switch assembly at the front of the PCM, or the whole thing.

Interestingly (kinda), I used the My Porsche website which has warranty info, and it seems my 981 BGTS was under warranty until just before I bought it (2021) which I had no idea of.  Bit of a shame that, as if I'd known, I would have extended it and maybe got the PSE replaced (seized/snapped actuator)

Edited by Withy

On 2/2/2024 at 8:35 AM, Tony Daniel said:

PSE replaced on one side under warranty.

Rattling passenger side seat belt and creaking door stays refused.

Also oil leak on PDK gearbox 'being monitored', I need to go back into battle on that

Interested in the rattling passenger side seat belt.  If it was refused, did you sort it somehow? Mine does this and it's pretty annoying

4 minutes ago, Withy said:

Interested in the rattling passenger side seat belt.  If it was refused, did you sort it somehow? Mine does this and it's pretty annoying

Rattling when engaged in the clip or when no passenger in situ ? 

If the latter then try adjusting it so it sits higher up the seat.

If you didn’t mean that then apologies and ignore.

Edited by iborguk

5 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Rattling when engaged in the clip or when no passenger in situ ? 

If the latter then try adjusting it so it sits higher up the seat.

If you didn’t mean that then apologies and ignore.

When no one in the passenger seat and it's not in the clip it taps against the hardback seats (I think, I've never leaned over to look!)

My handbrake was playing up last year, took it in expecting a faulty solenoid. 'That'll be £260 sir to reset the air gap due to pad wear.'

Blowing exhaust gasket, changed myself last week, didn't even bother asking.

Friend of mine has a 991.1 C4S, he's over £10k in warranty claims so far, but he drives it like he stole it, everywhere. Fair play I say. Had some good runs out with him, same engine in mine and his car.

3 minutes ago, Withy said:

When no one in the passenger seat and it's not in the clip it taps against the hardback seats (I think, I've never leaned over to look!)

Worth a look , had that myself and adjusted it, it then went away.

1 hour ago, Withy said:

The service manager said they had come across the problem before but had no luck with Porsche GB allowing replacing any parts under warranty. I bought a new seat belt buckle which has cured it for now, if ordering make sure you get the correct hand as the drivers side has a electrical connector.

@iborguk yes, seat belt clip will rattle against the side panel when there's no passenger in the seat if the black plastic slider is not pushed up. My problem was with a passenger and buckle fastened the red release button rattled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plynchy said:

My handbrake was playing up last year, took it in expecting a faulty solenoid. 'That'll be £260 sir to reset the air gap due to pad wear.

I used a cheap iCarsoft tool to check my gap. You have to adjust it though with the same method as a 986 with the little cog in between the hand brake shoes

3 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I used a cheap iCarsoft tool to check my gap. You have to adjust it though with the same method as a 986 with the little cog in between the hand brake shoes

I'll be doing that in future! If i'd have known that's what it was I wouldn't have bothered taking it in.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:36 PM, greenman986s said:

Quality reliable products these Porsches aren't they...

I had a year old Audi a4 as an approved used car.   26 warranty claims in the next 2 years.  They extended the warranty for an extra year free of charge.  Last claim was “core plugs leaking”.  In the middle of summer.  That said.  They never refused a claim.   Although they did claim the gearbox noise was “bruised gears” and not covered until a bearing collapsed and they had to rebuild the gearbox - after removing it once to replace the thrust bearing on the clutch only to find the car still made a noise when then put it back.  

that said.  Once I got through that rough period the car was reasonably reliable for the next 10 years and 140k miles.  

4 minutes ago, skinnyhippy said:

PADM - within 3 days of getting the car.   Touch wood, no further issues.  Kept up with the warranty and will probably renew it when the time comes just for comfort.

Ouch ! Welcome to the forum  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Had the local(ish) OPC look at my broken PSE actuator tab on monday so they can inform the warranty dept. How long does it take to get a response generally?

1 minute ago, andygo said:

Had the local(ish) OPC look at my broken PSE actuator tab on monday so they can inform the warranty dept. How long does it take to get a response generally?

Ans:  How quickly are you going to chase them.

First phone call "we are waiting for approval"

2nd phone call "we are waiting for stock details from Germany"

3rd call "we are waiting for a free slot to book you in"

etc.etc.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Patt said:

Ans:  How quickly are you going to chase them.

First phone call "we are waiting for approval"

2nd phone call "we are waiting for stock details from Germany"

3rd call "we are waiting for a free slot to book you in"

etc.etc.

Oh, so a bit like every other car dealership on the planet then.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:48 PM, Withy said:

This will stop the seat belt clip from rattling 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404433739350?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_mojuvkcs-c&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 4:25 PM, andygo said:

Same issue for me. Actuator has gone on one side. Will retract but not extend. Confirmed as a warranty claim this week.  Confirmation there and then, didn’t need to wait.  Parts, on the other hand, might take some time. 

Add to that, spoiler actuator being replaced as not retracting fully. Sometimes sticking. 

That’s the warranty renewal paying for itself! 

6 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Same issue for me. Actuator has gone on one side. Will retract but not extend. Confirmed as a warranty claim this week.  Confirmation there and then, didn’t need to wait.  Parts, on the other hand, might take some time. 

Add to that, spoiler actuator being replaced as not retracting fully. Sometimes sticking. 

That’s the warranty renewal paying for itself! 

My spoiler seems have started to not seat fully by about 10mm. I'll add it to their list. Hope they don't want me to book it in for 'evaluation'. :)

33 minutes ago, andygo said:

My spoiler seems have started to not seat fully by about 10mm. I'll add it to their list. Hope they don't want me to book it in for 'evaluation'. :)

I had the same issue on my 718, involved the spoiler frame (the motor and mechanism) being replaced.

Ball park £800 part iirc (last year), replaced by the independent supplying dealer under their third party warranty.

image1

Edited by iborguk

2 hours ago, andygo said:

Unfortunately I had to book it in for them to confirm the problem…..twice actually as first time they never actually tested the problem I’d described!

for me, it stops about 5-10mm short….then push it down to seat properly. 

Two trips to the OPC for what was a 1 min test. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Simo_UK said:

Unfortunately I had to book it in for them to confirm the problem…..twice actually as first time they never actually tested the problem I’d described!

for me, it stops about 5-10mm short….then push it down to seat properly. 

Two trips to the OPC for what was a 1 min test. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Garages seem to think that you have unlimited time to spare, but happy enough to charge stupidly high labour fees. They wouldn't mess customers about the same if they had to recompense customers time they have wasted when fixing valid warranty claims.

Edited by andygo
  • Like 2