What have you had replaced under the OPC warranty or refused?

andygo

Thought it might be interesting to see what people have had replaced under the OPC warranty or conversley what has been refused by them.

My cars going in to an OPC in a few days to see about a fractured PSE actuater tab for example. I understand that people have had a PSE replaced if seized up, so would expect a similar result for the actuator tab.

Any other experiences for other parts such as the dynamic engine mounts etc?

Not 981 but if I'm allowed I'll play...

987.2 New roof (cover), single rear window heating element had failed.

987.1  Climate Control unit  (Cabin climate control sensor failed).  5 out of 6 coil packs cracked (yep I paid for the 6th myself as they wouldn't cover it and it felt like nonsense not to replace that one too).  Steering wheel airbag sensor/frame, airbag light kept coming on.

Edited by iborguk

Previous 2012 Boxster S >

Driver side window switch controls

Aftermath of water ingress from blocked drain holes- TWICE  (assume before this was a service item!).  Included new amp, drain funnels etc.

13 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

Aftermath of water ingress from blocked drain holes- TWICE  (assume before this was a service item!).  Included new amp, drain funnels etc.

Interesting that was covered.

718 - Headlamps replaced - 50% contribution due to crazing. Radio needed a software reboot as it failed after 6 days' ownership. Nothing else.

Macan - lower radiator weeping (discovered at service), window switches chrome part fell off, tyre pressure monitors - all under warranty.

981 (2016 car) - rear control arm replaced late 2023. OPC initially refused under extended warranty but rapidly changed their mind after I sent them the "exhaustive list" (contract words) of items not covered due to wear and tear and asked them to explain in writing why they were refusing. Well worth reading that list - if it ain't in the list, it's covered.  

7 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

The claim was around 2016, likely the early days of this being identified as an issue. 

I think the issue has been around a long time through from 986's on...different kit under the seat but same electronics drowning problem.

Bottom line result for you x2 (although yeah it would be nice not to have an issue in the first place , obvs).

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

981s 

Replaced one side of pse due to failed/seized actuator

replaced microswitches in b pillars for roof, sticking open halfway, also had to redo aircon

while fault finding the above changed roof motor and switch panel in tunnel

fixed pdk with s/w when car would only select even gears 

refused crazing headlight claim…

PSE replaced on one side under warranty.

Rattling passenger side seat belt and creaking door stays refused.

Also oil leak on PDK gearbox 'being monitored', I need to go back into battle on that

1 hour ago, Tony Daniel said:

PSE replaced on one side under warranty.

Rattling passenger side seat belt and creaking door stays refused.

Also oil leak on PDK gearbox 'being monitored', I need to go back into battle on that

What broke on your PSE Tony? I have a particular interest in this at the moment. :)

Replaced:

Left active gearbox mount

Right active gearbox mount

Right PDLS active headlight (motor burnt out)

Brake pedal linkage (through Porsche Assist)

Ignored/tried to refuse

set air gap on handbrake  - reset error message only.

update PDK software

Chrono clock  - hand warped and fell off

Leaking exhaust gasket - ignored while replacing gearbox mount next to it

Brake pedal linkage, despite pedal stuck to floor - its not a safety recall 😆

Warranty replacements:

Active Gearbox Mount

Exhaust Actuators failed (both sides, full exhaust installed)

Active Gearbox mount (other side)

Interior fan regulator pack.

Exhaust Actuator - one side only.

Failed screen wash pipe (severed where it enters bonnet)

Exhaust Actuator -other side - now failed again though not reported yet but will be warranty replacement.

Rejected Claims:

Bent steering rack - due to impact on wheel apparently (probably fair enough)

Failed front radiator - due to stone impact despite it being behind the aircon condenser and protected by the wheel,liner on the other side.

Paint bubble on door.   unless you can prove it’s actually come from the inside it simply won’t be covered.

knocking suspension - can’t find issue despite them spending 6 hrs looking (partly paid by me and partly by the embarrassed dealership).

• Haha 1