Is my budget high enough for this spec 987?

Sunnydays

Hey all, first post here 

In the market for a Porsche Boxster S 987 3.2 for £12k ideally. 

I have seen a few 2005 models with 50-70k miles for 10.5k with 19" turbo alloys, full porsche history etc. Would you guys say this is a good price or about average price wise?

i am specifically after a 987 with the Red interior, how rare are these? and would you say i am being realistic in wanting to find one for 12k with the following spec

Red leather Interior

Gen 1 3.2

Mileage up to 80,000

Manual

Full service history etc....

These seem really rare, and i don't want to be waiting around for ever either, but it would be ideal if one came up

Any advice?

Thank you

As with anything, if you want all the things you do with a limited budget, you could be waiting a long time.  

If one comes up, then you would have to move very fast.

I think the red interior is a fairly rare option as I think it only came as an option with extended leather and was therefore quite expensive. There are plenty of cars available in your budget, but waiting for one with a red interior could take a while and the owner may decide it's worth more than 12k, confident that as there aren't many about, someone will pay.

Red interiors are very rare on standard 987. You'll be waiting a long time I think. Budget is realistic though, I'm looking too at the moment, it's just a case of dropping on a good one. The longer you wait, the cheaper they will be. But the red interior.... That will be a long wait, especially if you want a particular exterior too.

Thanks for the response everyone, there is currently one Yellow Boxster S with a Red interior @ £9600. But the mileage is high at 110,000 and off putting.

Viewing an all Black Boxster S from 05 tomorrow will see how that goes 

14 minutes ago, Sunnydays said:

Thanks for the response everyone, there is currently one Yellow Boxster S with a Red interior @ £9600. But the mileage is high at 110,000 and off putting.

Viewing an all Black Boxster S from 05 tomorrow will see how that goes 

There's nothing inherently wrong with a car at 110k as long as you pay the right money for it. As long as it's got a decent history and has been looked after it will be a good car. The issue will come if you put loads of miles on it and need to resell. If you are happy to run it forever then make a cheeky offer :)

Just found that car, looks stunning and decent options as well. Tempted myself ;) Only 28miles away....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606044605809

That is a distinctive colour scheme - there won't be many of those on the roads! But as Nobbie says, 110k miles is not unusual (and reasonable for a car of that age) - there are members on here driving cars at 50% more than that.

I wonder what the doorbell to the right of the stereo does? (visible in pictures #4 & #8)

3 hours ago, PaulQ said:

I like yellow, and the red interior is a fav of mine, but they just looks wrong together imo.

Perhaps its just the pictures !

Not sure it's just the pics. I like yellow cars, and I like red interiors. But not at the same time!

6 hours ago, Jon61 said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606044605809

That is a distinctive colour scheme - there won't be many of those on the roads! But as Nobbie says, 110k miles is not unusual (and reasonable for a car of that age) - there are members on here driving cars at 50% more than that.

I wonder what the doorbell to the right of the stereo does? (visible in pictures #4 & #8)

The doorbell looks like a Parrot system (aftermarket Bluetooth telephone that integrates with the speakers).

Bright yellow exterior, bright red interior, and over 100k miles.

Who's taking bets on how long that will be for sale? :woot: 

As above, red very rare.  Most likely seen (??) on silver or black cars.  As mentioned a few times on here, the original concept Boxster was silver with red, and several people have paid tribute to it (including Porsche with the RS60, but I think that's out of your price range).

Your budget of 12k for a 987 of that age seems reasonable.

Good luck :) 

It looks like a toy car in that colour scheme.... Yuck!

Either one or the other, but not both! Who ever specced that car new evidently had issues!

10 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Either one or the other, but not both! Who ever specced that car new evidently had issues!

One careful owner, singer/songwriter, famous for Motown hits, sunglasses and braided hair ;) 

18 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

I love it! Just because it's mental and no one else will have one like that.

The worst combo I have seen so far has to be a red 986 with a green interior!

Archived