What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Driving back from my Mothers on Sunday, came across a monster at the lights a AMG V12-Bi Turbo SL convertible, something similar to the one below, could hear the beast roar as he pulled out in front of me on a dual carriage way, took a mile to catch up and a set of red lights :)

158_main_l.jpg

27 minutes ago, Steve Laming said:

Celebrated my one year ownership of the 986, by leaving it tucked up in the garage and going to work !

One year already! Where did that go? Here's to the next and the next and the next.....

• Like 1

Mine would not start yet again this morning so had to jump her. Went for drive in torrential rain to recharge battery and raced a black Ferrari. Or at least tried to he probably just consider me one of those anoying buzzing insect you have to swat.

@Grizzlee, any pictures of before and after? If you got it done at a bodyshop, would you be kind enough to disclose how much this cost?

@myfirstboxster - that's...bright :) What colour is your car? Zanzibar or Guards? I'm inclined to say the former...

6 minutes ago, myfirstboxster said:

Zanzibar red :)

Any more pics of the car / do you have a thread? I did try searching your posts but couldn't find any. It's one of my favourite colours on a 9x6, up there with Speed Yellow and Viola. Neither of them are common.

4 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Mine would not start yet again this morning so had to jump her. Went for drive in torrential rain to recharge battery and raced a black Ferrari. Or at least tried to he probably just consider me one of those anoying buzzing insect you have to swat.

NICE ONE!!

6 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Any more pics of the car / do you have a thread? I did try searching your posts but couldn't find any. It's one of my favourite colours on a 9x6, up there with Speed Yellow and Viola. Neither of them are common.

UWMJmHN.jpg

QdvgzPG.jpg

1yOlrZk.jpg

A few more pictures in the photography section under the title a nice afternoon in Northumberland

DSC_0023_zpsdkvbshye.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

It's a lovely colour ?

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Took it out of the garage, cleaned it inside and out with the new microfibre kit - works well! Fitted the Boxster S badges back on the boot (painted black)then it started to rain so put it back again ?

Wrong forum!  You were so incensed by not driving today your perception is skewed clearly :P

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 6:01 PM, K.I.T.T. said:

@Grizzlee, any pictures of before and after? If you got it done at a bodyshop, would you be kind enough to disclose how much this cost?

@myfirstboxster - that's...bright :) What colour is your car? Zanzibar or Guards? I'm inclined to say the former...

No pictures I'm afraid, don't think it's stopped raining long enough to get any decent snaps of the result.

I did get it done at a body shop, they charged me £150 all in, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Fitted an aux cable to my stock Porsche CD-R-22 headunit.  It’s great and was only a £7 mod.  The programming to accept it took a bit of working out but simple once done.

Also just had my front springs replaced and a few suspension issues sorted.  The daft thing is the H&R lowering springs only come as a complete set so I now have a spare rear set.  Oh well they will come in handy one day I suppose.

Just also purchased another S facelift exhaust system today and getting D&G Porsche to carry out a bypass mod to it and then replace my current system with it as it has the creos mod and unfortunately drones at cruising speed.  I love the sound clips of the bypass mod I have heard and I have also heard one in person and they sound great.  Looking forward to getting it done over the next few weeks :)

Got home at 5.30pm and swapped out my rattling alternator, only took an hour.  I sprayed Plus Gas on the bushing a couple of times and that soon gave in and released the alternator.  Trickiest thing was getting the wires (which are a bit short) back on the new alternator.

Not quite as bad as this one but this is what the old alternator sounded like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvUIt9knPQ

Edited by RickLS7

It was winter Monday, spring yesterday and summer today in Massachusetts, 91 degrees F.

I installed a 4' by 8' shelf in the garage and then my wife and I took the S to Kimball Farms fort an ice cream. Top down and AC running!

Edited by Anker BS