What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Began to take the exhaust of the get the Pedro mod done. 

Realised I was probably opening a massive can of worms from looking at all the rounded nuts and bolts and the state of the current back box 😞 2 new exhaust clamps later and it’s all back together. Sigh. 

On to eBay to look for a back box 🥳🤩

Edited by Christopher2110

Replaced all tuning forks, the rear coffin arms, track rod ends and full wheel alignment. It was like driving a new car, over the moon with the results, plus the roof was down. Happy days :)

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 5:47 PM, Mark Lane said:

I finished the circuit board for the Arduino based 1 touch roof which I'd seen over on 986forum (and notice a few people on here have done). 

Made a few changes to the circuit and the code and mounted the components on a board. Just tested it and it works a treat. 

Will place in an enclosure and use an OEM connector and hopefully it will be small enough to fit in the cavity behind the switch in the dash. 

47994888741_ce24c21446_c.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Just on the off chance (after two previous attempts) if you make any more I will buy one

On 6/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, Rotaxmax said:

Fitted some new seats

they are a bit of a acquired taste but I like them

4FE4CC92-7EBB-4618-8F4F-B9CD1DB94BB7.jpeg

I totally get that, even the Porsche sports seats do not have enough support at the sides for me and personally I like them.

Dipped and main are separate H7 bulbs (986, Halogen) with the lens dealing with Hi/Lo aim, so just changed the bulbs out and tried turning them on. Yet to do a night time test to check aim and beam spread etc, so have retained the standard Halogen ones JIC.

Fitted LED bulbs sold as headlight bulbs, with cooling fans to see how the heat build up is dealt with inside the lamp unit. Fogs are non fan sold as Fog only.

Got it back having handed it over on 10th May before we went off on holiday. 

Back home this week and so it was brought back into town.

As it was started to reverse off the trailer I remembered just how much pleasure I get from this thing. 

Sounds great, feels brilliant to jump in punch the shifter into first and move off. Felt very “bright” on the throttle  - 👍

Had hoped to get the induction development finalised but no joy - all bespoke so nothing off the shelf which means it’ll have to wait for another time ☹️ - those horses can run but they cannot hide.....

On 6/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, Shazbot said:

Dipped and main are separate H7 bulbs (986, Halogen) with the lens dealing with Hi/Lo aim, so just changed the bulbs out and tried turning them on. Yet to do a night time test to check aim and beam spread etc, so have retained the standard Halogen ones JIC.

Fitted LED bulbs sold as headlight bulbs, with cooling fans to see how the heat build up is dealt with inside the lamp unit. Fogs are non fan sold as Fog only.

Interested to hear how night time driving is with the LED's.

Do you have any pics of the beam pattern (ie against a wall) compared to the halogen?

On 6/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, Boxob said:

Swapped intermittent wiper relay for a variable intermittent relay. Cheap and easy two minute upgrade.

Sounds interesting.

Can you give more info please?

Any links or part numbers?

10 hours ago, map said:

Got it back having handed it over on 10th May before we went off on holiday. 

Back home this week and so it was brought back into town.

As it was started to reverse off the trailer I remembered just how much pleasure I get from this thing. 

Sounds great, feels brilliant to jump in punch the shifter into first and move off. Felt very “bright” on the throttle  - 👍

Had hoped to get the induction development finalised but no joy - all bespoke so nothing off the shelf which means it’ll have to wait for another time ☹️ - those horses can run but they cannot hide.....

Glad she is back with you.

Hope to see you both at the Boxster Munch if you can make it next week - think I read you are also doing the Goodwood festival of speed,so might be a bit tight time wise.

😱

Edited by CAZ
not a 986 !

1 hour ago, Fatbloke said:

Sounds interesting.

Can you give more info please?

Any links or part numbers?

Look at the "intermittent wiper relay location" post by @Simon_S.

It refers to an eBay seller (in Lithuania) who is selling VW/Seat variable wiper relays for £9 delivered. It arrived; it worked. 

Edited by Boxob
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Fatbloke said:

Interested to hear how night time driving is with the LED's.

Do you have any pics of the beam pattern (ie against a wall) compared to the halogen?

TBH struggling to get out in the dark to check things out. I'll update when I can as it may encourage/discourage  others to do the LED conversion based on my field trial......

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, Shazbot said:

Cheers, Mr Bot.