What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

How do you know if it needs changing.?

I expect mines original. 

Drive train shunt or clunk, poor gearshift. I've seen others describe a swaying momentum from the rear too. 

1 minute ago, kevs said:

Mine are definitely no worse than last year when they weren’t an advisory but they do make a pretty horrible sound.  I’ll work out which ones to get.  I recall reading that the ones ECP suggest aren’t the correct ones.  Does that ring any bells?

Just measure your wiper blades and check against the web spec.

2 hours ago, PaulQ said:

I expect mines original. 

The previous owner had done the front engine mount on mine, but it it isn't clearly a newer casting that the other ali around it (unless someone did just the bush which is possible if you have a press) on a 20+ year old car, it would probably benefit from a change. Not too difficult to do either.

2 hours ago, PaulQ said:

I expect mines original. 

I did mine at the beginning of the year as I was doing the pump and it’s easier doing both at the same time. 
I had no signs of it deteriorating but when I got it out the rubber was about 50% torn. I pressed the old one out and put an oem lemforder in was about £35 and wasn’t difficult. 
There is a you tube video that has just come on that details the  process quite well  

3 hours ago, Halfordwill said:

I did mine at the beginning of the year as I was doing the pump and it’s easier doing both at the same time. 
I had no signs of it deteriorating but when I got it out the rubber was about 50% torn. I pressed the old one out and put an oem lemforder in was about £35 and wasn’t difficult. 
There is a you tube video that has just come on that details the  process quite well  

Hi

I did exactly the same. Just make sure you get it the right way round because the mount design (rubber part) has been revised. 

The gearbox mounts also deteriorate.

Berni

Not all today, but in the last month

1. Replaced my ignition switch with one that I've had for about two years!

2. Still had problems starting, so after much diagnosis had a new alarm control module installed and keys recoded

3. New horn

4. New boot and frunk struts

5. Changed interior bulbs to LED, came in a kit so did the number plate and boots too

6. Tidied up some arch paintwork from stone chips and damage from a minor off

7. Had a new condenser and long A/C pipe replaced as although A/C was still cold I could hear the compressor starting to make a noise

8. Replaced my manifold flange to CAT bolts with a new gasket as one side was blowing

9. Replace my under windscreen scuttle with a good used part as one of my fixings had broken

10.  Cleaned up all the plastic in the frunk after the new scuttle showed them up

11. Replaced my high level brake light with a used part as a couple of the bulbs had gone.  Realised once it was out that I could actually replace the bulbs doh!  But the used part was only £15

12. Had my Sport Design alloys refurbished for the second time and put them back on with new bolts and centre caps

13. Decided to keep the car

Will try and clean it over the weekend and will update my running report with the details and some pics

1 hour ago, Christopher2110 said:

There goes that conversation then :whistle1:

Undecided as I like the original 986/996 look and daytime running lights aren’t period correct. So I’m inclined to leave it as is. 
Sorry, busy week so quick reply 😖

Washed and cleaned the Boxster. Took a nice lengthy drive around Southern Finland and placed the car in to hibernation for the winter.

Plan is to do some maintenance work to the Baxster during the winter.

This driving season covered 21701km (approx. 13484mi) and each of the km with this car smiling :)

pk1MJfH.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

Washed and cleaned the Boxster. Took a nice lengthy drive around Southern Finland and placed the car in to hibernation for the winter.

This driving season covered 21701km (approx. 13484mi) and each of the km with this car smiling :)

pk1MJfH.jpg

Looks good and nice to see it being well used.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

pk1MJfH.jpg

Excellent 

• Thanks 1

Ordered the passenger side drip tray as im still getting some water ingress behind the passenger seat, I know there is a hole in the polystyrene but thought I had fixed with silicone seal and some waterproof gaffa tape, so that will be my job for next week

3 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

How did you find doing it, simple? Do you have a link to the part you used. I understand a VW part can be used 

Need to do mine too, so also interested in how difficult you found it