What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

16 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Today I revealed my new dodgy JPS livery at Beaulieu. Lots of positive comments from BoXa member, but didn't hear what the public were saying as they had a good look at it, but hey. 

A1040917-DBFB-42EE-97CE-36272F75BDD4.jpg

Brilliant, Jason!  You kept that quiet yesterday when Darren posted pictures of his JPS wrap.  Had you always intended to do the JPS thing, or did you decide after painting the wheels?  

Hope you've had a great day, BTW. :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Brilliant, Jason!  You kept that quiet yesterday when Darren posted pictures of his JPS wrap.  Had you always intended to do the JPS thing, or did you decide after painting the wheels?  

It was very weird this morning, there I was sat waiting at 6am for Jason to arrive.  I watched a black JPS Boxster pull into the car park and didn't clock it was Jason at first as I was not expecting it!

Then the Victor Meldrew like 'I don't believe it!' from Jason last night made more sense :laugh:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I face palmed when I saw Darren's satin black & JPS wrap yesterday, like I'd held out too long, but I bit my tongue and kept mine quiet. I didn't intend on doing a JPS theme, it was @Menoporsche who gave me the idea when I first posted my gold wheels. I banked the idea when he posted up the JPS Lotus F1 car. 

Nobody at Beaulieu was expecting it and a couple of people thought I was @That986 until they saw me and my "JAS 986S" number plates. 

I'm not sure if it's temporary or a long term style. Was only meant to be a tongue in cheek laugh for today's show, but it went down really well. It gained a fair amount of photographic attention and a few thumbs up the way home.

@rowbos did look puzzled when I pulled into the convoy meeting point at 6am this morning. Probably not had enough coffee by then 

Edited by Jason986S

10 hours ago, Jason986S said:

I face palmed when I saw Darren's satin black & JPS wrap yesterday, like I'd held out too long, but I bit my tongue and kept mine quiet. I didn't intend on doing a JPS theme, it was @Menoporsche who gave me the idea when I first posted my gold wheels. I banked the idea when he posted up the JPS Lotus F1 car. 

Nobody at Beaulieu was expecting it and a couple of people thought I was @That986 until they saw me and my "JAS 986S" number plates. 

I'm not sure if it's temporary or a long term style. Was only meant to be a tongue in cheek laugh for today's show, but it went down really well. It gained a fair amount of photographic attention and a few thumbs up the way home.

@rowbos did look puzzled when I pulled into the convoy meeting point at 6am this morning. Probably not had enough coffee by then 

Looks like we need to a have a meet up for pics at some point.

Michelin PS4s all round, courtesy Black Circles, who were a massive £80 cheaper the Event Tyres - who normally blow everyone else out of the water. This is the first time the car has and anything other than Pirelli PZero Rossos on. MoT tomorrow then its off to Snetterton for a weekend of racing a 924 in the BRSCC Porsche Championship.

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

I think you could of used your time better........and got some weeding done!!!

Plenty of time for weeding now...:huh:

5A09544D-3470-4B61-A8EB-2B423572DA6F.jpg

6999FFB7-DF79-44C6-B650-1E034150D0DF.jpg

F35C0CBF-C117-45A2-B3E8-17C8C73064DD.jpg

oops...:unsure:

i didn't mean to do this to my 986 today, but it happened anyway...:(

Edited by Loz987

19 minutes ago, Terryg said:

Hey @Loz987 see what happens when I'm not there to slow you down! So sorry mate, let us know what happened and if there is anything we can do to help when you have settled down a bit.

Cheers Terry,

details on the belated anniversary thread...?

20170610_160338.jpg

Had a good day today, oil service, disc's and pads all round, spark plugs and tubes, Done.   Also fitted some 20mm spacers all round to fill out the arches and widen the stance a little, overall a great result as I fell back in love with the wheels again ? the spacers really change the look of the car in my opinion. 

20170610_151926.jpg

20170610_151830.jpg

Edited by spic
Added a pic
  • Like 3