Bargain Spyder?

toocan

1 minute ago, M12MTR said:

Good price ...... but I would question the garage selling such as car (looking at their other stock).

And why they appear to have had it for sale for 2-3 months? (reference to 'tax until end Aug' in the advert)

Potentially not just down to higher-than-average miles?

Looks absolutely lovely though... :wub:

Cheers, Baggers.

I agree with @M12MTR that you would have to investigate how the car comes to be up for sale with this dealer.  Of course , it may be perfectly legitimate (The owner's car, perhaps?). Of more concern is the price: it looks something like £8-10k cheaper than similar cars, but hasn't been snapped up. Why???

I know it's not comparing like for like at all, but £33k gets you a nice low mileage Porsche Approved Used 981 with a known history and Porsche warranty.  I like sleeping at night, so I know where my money would go...

987 Spyder can be quite spec sensitive. No PSE, Chrono or carbon buckets. Also with the mods harder to get back under OPC warranty. 

Awesome bit of kit - actually nice to see one thats been used with the mileage on it...

Don't know if its the angle of the pictures but to me it looks like the front wings are a slightly different colour.

I really like these, shame about the seats / PSE etc. Agree with the comparison to an OPC approved 981 as a comparison.

Guess most would worry about being `stuck` with it - ie 70-80 K miles and the potential future value - but some would be wanting a Spyder regardless at a bargain price !

Tempting all the same to have something a bit special.

That car seems about the right price for a high mileage, not particularly great spec, modified car without a full OPC history.

£10k more will get you a 987 Spyder with a fraction of the mileage and in reality worth £10k more.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

5 hours ago, Patt said:

ad says its both a 3.4 and a 3.8

I thought all of the 987.2s were 2.9 or 3.4 and it's only the 981 Spyder that has the 3.8

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine contacted the garage about this car. The owner of the Spyder is a very good friend of the garage owner, hence he's helping his mate sell the car. The car has been well used and maintained according to the salesman, the mods are well documented on some forums, but as been mentioned before, this will cause a problem getting an OPC warranty.

personally I would pay a premium for the right seats and lower mileage, in my mind the car is worth late 20's with that spec and mileage. If someone wanted a track day / Sunday driver for summer use only, it's probably a car you can enjoy as it's already high mileage, in 20k miles you could rebuild the engine for piece of mind.

Archived