981S purchase

martyn

9 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Create a photobucket account :D Works for me

Haha, that's what I normally use but it's been down all day today. Flickr might be better ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, thanks, For that, I can see I will have to work on my uploading skills!

anyway, the reason for the 2 different number plates is 2 were taken informally by the dealer to send to me (with the old owners private plates still on) and the others taken by me on my phone 2 days later.

I probably won't get much sleep tonight.

5 minutes ago, toocan said:

that colour in twilight looks mega. Congrats, the light interior works perfect with it so dont be feeling no post purchase anxiety it works +1 enjoy

Thanks, now I've made the decision I can't wait, the dealer hopes it will be ready in a week to ten days.

11 hours ago, Toeside said:

Great looking 981 and the light interior lifts the car's looks. Drive it and enjoy:)

Exactly my thoughts. The light interior colour contrasts the body colour amazing and gives it a hint of class and comfort, not just sports car.

Great, thanks everyone for your comments, it seems the wife was right (again), it was just me, I did find myself thinking that if I didn't grab it someone else would and I would regret it, but it's great to have the wife's taste confirmed by you all.

Next step to get the money together......

On 11/3/2016 at 1:24 PM, Boxbrownie said:

Hmm, not sure about the Paddle wheel change, I have paddles on my Audi but I find the thumb and finger/push-pull buttons on the standard wheel are easier to use, also you can use both sides for either up or down changes.

I didn't think I'd like the buttons but prefer them after using them to the paddles.......:wacko:

what is this 'paddle affair' you mention?

I have a steering wheel and a stick :D

oh and BTW....well done!

59 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

what is this 'paddle affair' you mention?

I have a steering wheel and a stick :D

oh and BTW....well done!

It is a new technology you may not have heard about, it makes vehicles more efficient and faster.............a steering wheel and a stick you say? Eventually you may collect the whole car :thumbsup_still:

5 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

It is a new technology you may not have heard about, it makes vehicles more efficient and faster.............a steering wheel and a stick you say? Eventually you may collect the whole car :thumbsup_still:

...a new sales gimmick...oh I'd heard of that...apparently selling them by the bucket load at a cost of circa £2000 extra ;) (having test driven plenty of PDK's, personally I cant attest to either claim

BTW the top speed of my manual is a whole 1 mph faster than the PDK equivalent..so that you know

Have just spoken to Rob the sales executive at Colchester OPC, the car will be ready for collection on Wednesday at 9am.

So only 4 days, 17 hours and 35 mins to go, not that I am bothered too much ?

Will post some pics when I come down to earth on Wed/Thurs.......

On 11/5/2016 at 11:18 PM, boxsternoob56 said:

...a new sales gimmick...oh I'd heard of that...apparently selling them by the bucket load at a cost of circa £2000 extra ;) (having test driven plenty of PDK's, personally I cant attest to either claim

BTW the top speed of my manual is a whole 1 mph faster than the PDK equivalent..so that you know

BTW the 0-62 of my PDK is a whole 0.1 sec faster than the manual equivalent....so that YOU know :P

:D

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Have just spoken to Rob the sales executive at Colchester OPC, the car will be ready for collection on Wednesday at 9am.

So only 4 days, 17 hours and 35 mins to go, not that I am bothered too much ?

Will post some pics when I come down to earth on Wed/Thurs.......

I dealt with Rob when I bought my 981 - great guy, really friendly & very helpful.

You'll really enjoy the car when you get it.  :thumbsup_anim:

2 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

BTW the 0-62 of my PDK is a whole 0.1 sec faster than the manual equivalent....so that YOU know :P

:D

In theory...but in reality we both know that 0-60 times and mpg figures are actually a load of BS (I swear the PDK is geared so that it achieves that marginal benefit as an additional sales point,to help punters part with an extra £2000). The reality is that the driver's reactions are likely to have more influence on that 'race'...I'm still waiting for our man @Topradio to sort out a Santa Pod event to test it out...

Archived